• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launching November 22 in select territories

nbraun80

Friends HUGE Cod fans cancelled their xbox One orders cause they can't wait a week? Buy ps4 version where they wait a month for new DLC...... Wierd.

my buddies and I are just getting it on 360 first then upgrading to the x1 addition for $10 when it comes out.

mocoworm

Ordered my Xbox one on June 14th from amazon.co.uk, and my delivery date is now 22th of November

Same here for my June ordered FIFA pack, but the Forza Day 1 edition I pre-ordered a few days ago I have heard nothing about. If they don't come back with a 22nd delivery date then that will be the one I cancel.

FoeHammer

Why the hell does my amazon order say "Estimated delivery Nov. 27th"? I ordered a day one edition on June 10.

Mine is showing the same thing. I ordered the second you could on Amazon and I'm going to be pretty pissed if thing isn't shipping on the 22nd. My PS4 shows shipping on the 15th so I'm hoping they just haven't updated all the orders.

B4D1E

Something I don't understand is the pricing of Xbox One games. On Amazon US, the price is 59.99$ and on any Amazon in Europe, the price is 69.95€. I hope it's just the prices that haven't been updated yet.

T.O.P

Banned
Gotta say i'm surprised, been asking around a bit this morning with my friends about Xone or Ps4

I got a 12 Xbone (some changed after the FM5 + Fifa deal), 3 Ps4 and my uncle who's getting both (lol)

Not gonna lie, pretty happy about this, more peeps to play around with the better

was able to swap my fifa preorder for a forza one through shopto, who are really good with shipping for release so now i'm pretty damn excited!
dreading the day 1 patch though...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Friends HUGE Cod fans cancelled their xbox One orders cause they can't wait a week? Buy ps4 version where they wait a month for new DLC...... Wierd.

why is that weird? If they are huge fans, they'll want to play as soon as possible, so why not get PS4? They can still be playing the core game while waiting for DLC - not the end of the world.

Troll

Banned
why is that weird? If they are huge fans, they'll want to play as soon as possible, so why not get PS4? They can still be playing the core game while waiting for DLC - not the end of the world.

He's saying it's weird because he's already playing the core game on the PS3. So he's basically upgrading to the PS4 to wait a month for DLC after spending a shitload of money on COD and a new console, that is sort of weird for someone so hardcore about the game.

But hey it's not my money, it's not your money so he can do whatever he wants.

Redshirt

Banned
I ordered two XB1s on June 10, and one of them just updated to Nov 22. The other is still Nov 27.

Edit: Second one updated to Nov 22 about 20 minutes later. Can't wait!

The Flash

Banned
Gotta say i'm surprised, been asking around a bit this morning with my friends about Xone or Ps4

I got a 12 Xbone (some changed after the FM5 + Fifa deal), 3 Ps4 and my uncle who's getting both (lol)

Not gonna lie, pretty happy about this, more peeps to play around with the better

Yep, all of my peeps are getting an Xbox One too. BF4 here come!

Uh, so whats up with the non Day 1 Day 1?

"Xbox One Console - Day One Edition"
Previous estimated arrival date: December 04, 2013 - December 06, 2013
New estimated arrival date: November 27, 2013 - December 03, 2013"

Knowing Microsoft Support, they'll claim that 'Day One Edition' is the name of the product, so whatever day you get it, is Day One for you, since it's the Xbox One.

Xbox One
All in One
Day One... on whatever day you happen to get it.

SeanR1221

I still have a best buy preorder but Im really leaning towards not getting this day 1. I mean for what? Battlefield? Ehhhhhhh

I'd rather wait until Titanfall but I don't want to cancel my preorder incase I get the gaming bug bad.

sangreal

Is this with super saver shipping or something? Amazon often gives ridiculous estimated shipping times for non-prime orders

Redshirt

Banned
Yeah, Amazon upped it to free two-day shipping. I would contact them by live chat and ask them to switch the shipping method and waive the fee.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mine is showing the same thing. I ordered the second you could on Amazon and I'm going to be pretty pissed if thing isn't shipping on the 22nd. My PS4 shows shipping on the 15th so I'm hoping they just haven't updated all the orders.

Mine said the same thing, but that was the estimate. Then I got this email a few minutes ago:

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on June 20, 2013 (Order# 103-xxxx). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

Previous estimated arrival date: November 27, 2013
New estimated arrival date: November 22, 2013

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:
Presumably they will roll out updated dates in waves.

Atsumi

I got an email shortly ago telling me my estimated delivery was now Nov. 22. I'm sure you'll get yours soon.

Majanew

Banned
d7ejP50.jpg

Ok, now that made me laugh out loud. Love that movie.

*goes to put movie in*

Traitor

Neo Member

go to edit shipping speed then confirm two day delivery again and it should update.

statham

Below is the updated estimated delivery date for order XXXXXXXXXXXXX placed on 06/19/2013.
The new estimated delivery date is 11/27/2013 - 12/03/2013.
We hope this change isn't too much of an inconvenience for you.
Team Target
:( me too. I should've bought from amazon.

I got an email shortly ago telling me my estimated delivery was now Nov. 22. I'm sure you'll get yours soon.

I just got the email giving me that date like 2 hours ago. Ah well, I'll chat their support about it later.. I'm still not 100% that I'll be able to comfortably afford it at this rate, so I'm not too worried.

Broman1978

Sorry maybe this has already been adressed in the thread...?
But I live in Sweden, if I import an Xbox One from UK will I be able to log in to Xbox Live and play lets say Call of Duty Ghost online?
And when Xbox One is released in Sweden later next year will I be able to access my Swedish Xbox marketplace?

Can someone clarify what and how it works if I Import an Xbox One?
=)

Adr1an

What about you guys that ordered with the Microsoft Store online? How are things on your end?

Mine doesn't give me an estimated release date. Currently it says Backordered, i ordered it on June 11.

Although the status never changed since i ordered so it might not mean much.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
If your guys' preorders are saying 27th, try reconfirming the shipping speed (go to change shipping speed, rechoose the same 2-day shipping assuming you have prime), and it should give you a corrected date. Did that trick with my PS4 order when they announced the date. Did it with my XBO preorder when that got announced too and it worked.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sorry maybe this has already been adressed in the thread...?
But I live in Sweden, if I import an Xbox One from UK will I be able to log in to Xbox Live and play lets say Call of Duty Ghost online?
And when Xbox One is released in Sweden later next year will I be able to access my Swedish Xbox marketplace?

Can someone clarify what and how it works if I Import an Xbox One?
=)

Should be fine. Marketplace is based on the locale setting in the console, not your Xbox live account. So if you import from the UK to Sweden, set the locale to UK, it should show you the UK marketplace even though you're signed in with a Swedish Xbox live account.

Then when it launches in Sweden, just set the locale to Sweden and the marketplace will switch.

Not sure whether DLC etc is region coded, so just in case I wouldn't buy a ton of digital content

sangreal

Yeah, just the normal free shipping.. but I thought they gave free day 1 delivery?

I don't think day 1 delivery is free for non-prime users? I would contact them if that's what you're expecting, because your estimate is definitely a normal free shipping estimate for something shipped 11/22 (but again amazon inflates the free shipping delivery estimates by quite a bit)

Wizman23

Banned
For all of you amazon people showing 11/27 just switch it to 2 day shipping and it changes it to release day of 11/22. For some strange reason it also dropped 3 bucks off the price from 510 to 507.

I will be picking up my Xbox One with Forza and BF4!

Will be picking it up midnight from my local Blockbuster!

Don't need to phone in sick on the 22nd, already had that day booked off before the announcement.

Oh yeahhhhhh

Broman1978

Should be fine. Marketplace is based on the locale setting in the console, not your Xbox live account. So if you import from the UK to Sweden, set the locale to UK, it should show you the UK marketplace even though you're signed in with a Swedish Xbox live account.

Then when it launches in Sweden, just set the locale to Sweden and the marketplace will switch.

Not sure whether DLC etc is region coded, so just in case I wouldn't buy a ton of digital content

Oh great, thanks for the answer:)

Mononoke

Banned
I got an email from Amazon saying I'll get my games + console on launch date. Truth be told, I ordered my console on there after MS reversed their DRM policy. I didn't think I would get it at launch.

exactly the same here in Spain, I thought Amazon would get stock some days earlier from launch to ship the orders earlier so we could get it on launch day, it's a bummer

Top Bottom