• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launching November 22 in select territories

Danny 117

Thank you very much! A pleasant surprise for me. Seeing friend's reactions as I play with them will be hilarious for sure.

Like I said, don't quote me on it.

Thanks for at least trying to help! :)

EDIT: Final question, does anyone have a link to that video posted a while back where a microsoft employee demonstrated the kinect 2.0's background noise cancellation?

Yeah but it doesn't install custom drivers. Why would they use a non-custom, standard controller on PC when they can just connect a 360 (everyone's current favorite) controller to run the PC versions perfectly?

If i had to guess it can be a deal made or the developers wanting things to seem more "balanced" in terms of demos.

You don't think you will be going crazy on the 14th to play next gen BF or COD?
You guys have great patience. I hope I will be able to wait. :(

model13

I haven't found this anywhere, but is it possible to have a skype video call running whilst playing Battlefield 4, for example?
Yes you can. Skype supports the snap feature. You can run at least one snapable app during a game (Skype, Twitch, NFL app, etc). You might be able to do two apps but I think that isn't the case.

Ninhead

Why don't you two preorder from GameStop? They're still taking plenty of preorders.

Worked for them for 8 years- managed for the last three. No chance in hell that I'm gonna throw myself into that clusterfuck. If Amazon was still doing them, I'd change mine, but MS is giving me free shipping and (theoretically) release date delivery.

hwy_61

Banned
Worked for them for 8 years- managed for the last three. No chance in hell that I'm gonna throw myself into that clusterfuck. If Amazon was still doing them, I'd change mine, but MS is giving me free shipping and (theoretically) release date delivery.

Why is it a clusterfuck? I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into lol.

Same here. For some reason, I find the "backordered" status disconcerting, even though they technically ALL are backordered.

I'm in the same boat too. I have it preordered and it says "backordered". I don't want to do any midnight launch pickups this time around and i just find it odd that they would list that.

If I end up getting a delayed email, i'll just cancel the entire order and buy it once titanfall releases. My PS4 arrives 11/15, so they better hope it ships on time or i'm out till 2014

Ninhead

Why is it a clusterfuck? I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into lol.

No matter what you do, everyone around you will be, more than likely, at least annoyed. The employees will be mad because A) no one wants to follow directions, B) they're getting yelled at because a few (if the store is lucky, only a few) will be going home empty handed without any usable clear information as to when they'll get their reserved system, and C) there will be people buying systems only to scalp them, while people who actually want them get nothing. The customers will be mad because A) employees are annoyed and being shitty, B) some of them won't get a system and will have no idea what the hell going on, and/or C) they just don't want to stand in line. It's exciting, and can be a lot of fun, but the people who don't get their way will try to ruin it for everyone else. And so will the scalpers.

vg260

Anyone else hate the "day one" text on the day one edition bundle controller?

I wouldn't want that on mine.

hwy_61

Banned
No matter what you do, everyone around you will be, more than likely, at least annoyed. The employees will be mad because A) no one wants to follow directions, B) they're getting yelled at because a few (if the store is lucky, only a few) will be going home empty handed without any usable clear information as to when they'll get their reserved system, and C) there will be people buying systems only to scalp them, while people who actually want them get nothing. The customers will be mad because A) employees are annoyed and being shitty, B) some of them won't get a system and will have no idea what the hell going on, and/or C) they just don't want to stand in line. It's exciting, and can be a lot of fun, but the people who don't get their way will try to ruin it for everyone else. And so will the scalpers.

So, when I asked the manager if I was guaranteed one at launch, he was lying by saying yes?

I will be really pissed off if that's the case.

Release dates are all well and good.

I just can't wait to be playing Peggle 2 on it in the launch window some time. Gimmee gimmee gimmee. That's the real launch date for me :)

Ninhead

So, when I asked the manager if I was guaranteed one at launch, he was lying by saying yes?

I will be really pissed off if that's the case.

Unless they've gotten quantities (which it's awfully early for), he wasn't lying, but he can't guarantee it. 360 launch, we were told that we could guarantee 36 pro, 11 core. We got 28 pro, 20 core.

I truly, sincerely hope I'm wrong and that they've changed things, but I have a bad feeling.

hwy_61

Banned
Unless they've gotten quantities (which it's awfully early for), he wasn't lying, but he can't guarantee it. 360 launch, we were told that we could guarantee 36 pro, 11 core. We got 28 pro, 20 core.

He did guarantee though. As long as I pick it up within 48 hrs, it should be there. After 48 hours, they sell yours to somebody else.

Any pre-ordered item from the Microsoft Store says backordered. I've ordered from them in the past other items and they all said backordered. No worries.

He did guarantee though. As long as I pick it up within 48 hrs, it should be there. After 48 hours, they sell yours to somebody else.

You fail at reading comprehension.

There was a failure down the line of guarantees.

MS to Gamestop: We will give you this many, guaranteed.
Gamestop to manager: We will give you this many, guaranteed.
Manager to you: We have enough for you, guaranteed.

MS to Gamestop: WHOOPSIE DAISY.

Ninhead

This.

hwy_61

Banned
Any pre-ordered item from the Microsoft Store says backordered. I've ordered from them in the past other items and they all said backordered. No worries.

Indeed I do. Well, here's hoping there are no fuck ups.

mishakoz

Nov. 15-22 is gonna be a dangerous, breath-holding week for the XBO. A lot of people may cancel if they are satisfied with the PS4 or they cant wait till the 22 to play Watch Dogs or whatever.

I might cancel that week if im happy with the PS4.

Soi-Fong

Nov. 15-22 is gonna be a dangerous, breath-holding week for the XBO. A lot of people may cancel if they are satisfied with the PS4 or they cant wait till the 22 to play Watch Dogs or whatever.

Good, good... Everything is going according to Master Yoshida's plan.. Muahahahahaha

vg260

Eh, I'm still keeping my pre-order and will decide what to do with it after people post feedback online.

The wait for the PS4 in Australia is going to kill me knowing of all the people who'll be hammering away at their PS4's and XBOne's before I get mine. :)

Interesting...

US release date: Advantage PS4

Euro release date (for select countries...): Advantage Xbox One

Won't make a damn bit of difference, but I suspect each console manufacturer is looking to try and get some advantage in the territories they're weaker in.

why do you believe that 'army of dedicated fans' is any more 'dedicated' then the army of Nintendo fans? Is there any fan known for more devotional fervor than a Nintendo fanboy? And the Xbox One is significantly more expensive than a Wii U was at launch.

I don't believe it's more dedicated, I believe it's bigger.

I don't say all this to imply that I think it won't sell out this holiday season. I simply think making these sort of declarations is kind of an empty statement because we really don't know. I'd wager they will sell out of all their units this Holiday for the mere fact that I believe they will have real tight supply (and not because everyone wants one), but I certainly won't place any bets on it :p

I make no declarations here. This is all just one jackass's opinion.

SegaShack

So excited for this, for those like me that preordered from the MS Store website, there is no need to worry. Microsoft gets these direct and will fulfill all their orders before sending extra units to retailers. Microsoft also will most likely ship earlier than other retailers too, it's their product, they have them before anyone else. It wouldn't surprise me if some people end up getting their unit a day or two before launch.

So happy for this system, going to have a blast with Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct Day One. Also found out that according to my Friday class syllabus nothing is going on that day, so as long as we are on schedule it looks like I will not go to class that day and have a Day One party!

Possum

fdHPbxm.gif

Klocker

So excited for this, for those like me that preordered from the MS Store website, there is no need to worry. Microsoft gets these direct and will fulfill all their orders before sending extra units to retailers. Microsoft also will most likely ship earlier than other retailers too, it's their product, they have them before anyone else. It wouldn't surprise me if some people end up getting their unit a day or two before launch.

So happy for this system, going to have a blast with Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct Day One. Also found out that according to my Friday class syllabus nothing is going on that day, so as long as we are on schedule it looks like I will not go to class that day and have a Day One party!

yes i have a day one edition at gamestop reserved and actually wish i had ordered from MS.

Having it show up at my door Friday afternoon instead of take my chances at midnight launch would better at this point.

WiCkEd_Co

I'm sure this a common question but, I preorder both my PS4 and Xbox One on Amazon. I never have bought a launch system on Amazon, I always do the 12am Gamestop thing. Will I get it launch day? The 22nd is a Friday will I have to wait till Monday to get it?

Trying to scheduled myself off the correct days.

Can I ask you BF COD players out there that are getting both systems a question.

I have both systems pre ordered. I have BF4, and Ghosts pre ordered for Xbox. Is there anyone out there tempted to get COD and BF for the PS4 in order to play it one week earlier?

Im really at a crossroads right now. What do I do?

I know I will have a problem either way.

I'm absolutely disgusting when it comes to CoD and have to buy it on multiple platforms since my friends all play on different consoles. I had planned to make the xbone version my main version, but am now going with the PS4 version since most of my friends canceled their xbone orders in favor of PS4 due to the week delay.

gcs5l0h.png

I can't even wait until 11/15, so I've preordered a PS3 version to hold me over until 11/15. Really, the best option is to go where most of your friends are.

I'm sure this a common question but, I preorder both my PS4 and Xbox One on Amazon. I never have bought a launch system on Amazon, I always do the 12am Gamestop thing. Will I get it launch day? The 22nd is a Friday will I have to wait till Monday to get it?

I have never ordered a launch console online(Im doing gamestop midnight again) but I really dont see why they cant get it to you release date. Unless theres some real serious issues.

That depends on which shipping method you chose. Did they offer release date shipping? I have amazon prime which gives you release date shipping on all games/consoles. You should be able to check your order and see the estimated delivery date.

WiCkEd_Co

That depends on which shipping method you chose. Did they offer release date shipping? I have amazon prime which gives you release date shipping on all games/consoles. You should be able to check your order and see the estimated delivery date.

yea I got prime and it gives me the 2 day or the normal 3-5 day options when I check.

So what's the procedure then? Order of people who pre-ordered first?

Top Bottom