• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launching November 22 in select territories

Maaseru

Banned
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I wanetd to play it before the PS4. i wanted it to be my first nex gen experience playing KI and DR3. I guess Watchdogs and Killzone are good enough but I prefered XBO to be released in the beginning of Nov. Oh well I can't complain it's gonna be a great month!

I just don't understand why they didn't make this an event to hype the system unless they felt the announcement would be viewed in a negative light. From a PR perspective, this is just weak.

Now the question becomes: How many units will be available at launch?

B.O.O.M

Can't believe I didn't see this thread till now

Based CBOAT was right once again!

This november is going to be hilarious..hoping for many youtube videos of the mayhem

Lucent

holy crap! That's about $200-300 profit on each! And it's not even known if they'll be that hard to find after launch or not.

Glad I got my PS4 pre-order in. Not that I'd have paid these prices. I have an Xbox One day one edition pre-ordered at Best Buy. That one I'm not sure of if I'm getting or not yet.

And I swear in my mind after hearing the X1 wouldn't be out until after November 8 that it'd be November 22. I just couldn't see them releasing the same week.

Captain N

I can't wait!

Xbox One System
Extra Controller
Day One Gold
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Lococycle
Need for Speed: Rivals
Peggle 2
Ryse: Son of Rome
Skylanders: Swap Force
Watch Dogs
Zoo Tycoon

All Digital. (Minus Skylanders)

zreese

Neo Member
Crap. I pre-ordered months ago without knowing the release date and now I'm going to be on a business trip that weekend. Anyone know how long Best Buy will hold my pre-order for pickup? I probably won't be able to pick it up until the following weekend.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I find it funny people talking about advantages a week will make. If the consoles are both sold out as both manufacturers are stating then there is no real advantage. They wont be able to manufacture and restock enough of the consoles in a weeks time to give either a real advantage.

Assuming they are both sold out like they claim.

Crap. I pre-ordered months ago without knowing the release date and now I'm going to be on a business trip that weekend. Anyone know how long Best Buy will hold my pre-order for pickup? I probably won't be able to pick it up until the following weekend.

Most stores do it by a first come, first serve basis through the preorders, rather than delegating a specific system to you. So even if you preordered the first day it became available for you to do so, you'll still need to be near the head of the line to have the same level of comfort. You'll still be guaranteed a system from them and that location (and possibly a Day One Edition if that's how it works between retailers and Microsoft) because you paid down, but they'll likely run through the preorder stock due to not receiving enough systems to fulfill.

That's my understanding of Best Buy preorder policies when it comes to big ticket items like consoles.

Edit: DMPrince stated that some Wii U preorders were held, so this could vary by region or could be a factor of the difference in demand and preorder policies between that system and the upcoming ones.

I can't wait!

Xbox One System
Extra Controller
Day One Gold
Battlefield 4
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Lococycle
Peggle 2
Watch Dogs
Zoo Tycoon

Holy hell, you should list the launch games you're not getting instead. LOL

Most stores do it by a first come, first serve basis through the preorders, rather than delegating a specific system to you. So even if you preordered the first day it became available for you to do so, you'll still need to be near the head of the line to have the same level of comfort. You'll still be guaranteed a system from them and that location (and possibly a Day One Edition if that's how it works between retailers and Microsoft) because you paid down, but they'll likely run through the preorder stock due to not receiving enough systems to fulfill.

That's my understanding of Best Buy preorder policies when it comes to big ticket items like consoles.

with the wii u they would actually hold the preorders. at least where i live. but they usually hold it for like up to 7 days at most.

with the wii u they would actually hold the preorders. at least where i live. but they usually hold it for like up to 7 days at most.

That's great news, and some regions do handle things a bit differently. The only problem is that the demand for the Wii U wasn't quite as large, especially since there weren't strict cutoffs this time around.

Amir0x

Banned
Man that's going to be a hellish few weeks in retail, yikes.

Like I said in the other topic, with a gap of only a week between systems, it wouldn't have mattered if it was Sony or Microsoft with that 'advantage' - it'll gain either party a few extra thousand units, because the first week after any system comes out is all about replenishing supplies so if they're readily available that'd be an impressive feat in of itself (and maybe bad news?). It's a pretty negligible 'win'.

The_Monk

Kudos, what a great post bro. We don't get enough of these on this forum.

Sorry I'm a bit late, but, thank you kind fellow GAFfer!

----

Anyway, how's the hype for those Day One GAFfers? That Forza 5 bundle would be amazing. Love that franchise.

I can't wait!

Xbox One System
Extra Controller
Day One Gold
Battlefield 4
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Lococycle
Peggle 2
Watch Dogs
Zoo Tycoon

I'm not here to tell you how to spend your money, but by the time you got to half these games they would likely be on sale. That sounds awesome, but perhaps a bit excessive.

zreese

Neo Member

Edit: DMPrince stated that some Wii U preorders were held, so this could vary by region or could be a factor of the difference in demand and preorder policies between that system and the upcoming ones.
Yikes. I specifically ordered a Day One edition, so I'd hope they would set one aside, but I'm going to change it from Pickup In Store to having it shipped to me instead. Just to be safe.

Now it's official. Anticipating the ensuing bloodbath on Black Friday and in the NPD threads.

NPD threads are irrelevant as indicators anymore.

When a big event or game is released Sony and MS will just spew PR articles beforehand on how great their sales are (shipped) with fans bandwagoning everything they say claiming "victory" and patting themselves on the back. This is neogaf.gif. :)

warthog

Ah! Just lovely, exactly between both PS4 launches, that's just sweet for the console war. Can't wait for the meltdowns, it will keep me entertained till I get my hands on one of both.

LOL at all the bickering over one console launching a week earlier than the other in certain territories. They're both going to sell as many as they can produce this holiday season, so what difference does it make?

Dante316

I guess week one matters for the people buying both consoles and those wanted next gen versions of games. If people can't wait for watch dogs, cod and bf4. Software sales!

Bazza

Id be screwed if I was picking up an xbone, little before payday always like a release the last week of the month. Not sure how much difference a week will make in the uk, £80 is 2 games.

So since its launching on a Friday does that mean my Amazon per-order won't arrive until after the weekend? :/

Amazon sends packages ahead of launch to guarantee on release delivery.

As long as you got at least two-day shipping, (whether through PRIME or not) you're good to go. Super-Saver shipping wouldn't get there until the following week, though.

You can change shipping speed right up until the ship date, though, if you need to.

Amir0x

Banned
LOL at all the bickering over one console launching a week earlier than the other in certain territories. They're both going to sell as many as they can produce this holiday season, so what difference does it make?

I totally agree with you that this week gap ultimately means nothing. If they date was longer in difference, it'd matter, but the way it now, it's all down to how much you can manufacture, and obviously Sony is decimating Microsoft on that account by all reports. So THAT will be the limiting factor on sales, not friggin a week gap.

That said, I hear this line a lot. "They're going to sell out of every unit they can produce, what difference does it make?" And you know, I've seen various consoles launch, and sometimes they don't always sell out of every unit during the Holiday season. Sometimes they are around. Last year the Wii U launched... after two weeks I saw them on store shelves every single day. Just sayin', it's not always that simple.

Yikes. I specifically ordered a Day One edition, so I'd hope they would set one aside, but I'm going to change it from Pickup In Store to having it shipped to me instead. Just to be safe.

Ah I thought you preordered at the store itself. I'm not sure how Best Buy handles online preorders for store pickup, but I think you may actually be fine. See if someone can answer at customer service, though again this is a pretty different set up from 2005 and even the Wii U.

I can't wait!

Xbox One System
Extra Controller
Day One Gold
Battlefield 4
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Killer Instinct
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Lococycle
Peggle 2
Watch Dogs
Zoo Tycoon

What the shit? How do you even have time to play all those games?

That said, I hear this line a lot. "They're going to sell out of every unit they can produce, what difference does it make?" And you know, I've seen various consoles launch, and sometimes they don't always sell out of every unit during the Holiday season. Sometimes they are around. Last year the Wii U launched... after two weeks I saw them on store shelves every single day. Just sayin', it's not always that simple.

I know it's not an automatic thing, but I'd be pretty surprised if the XB1 was spotted on very many shelves prior to January. For all the bumbling, stumbling and fumbling MS has done this year, they still have an army of dedicated fans that will see them through the holiday season, IMO.

Simzyy

There is an Amazon bundle with Forza free in the UK now. Wish the UK price wasn't so high. Even with Forza it's crazy imo.

Redshirt

Banned
Amazon (U.S.) updated all Day One pre-orders to free two-day shipping.

I had to have both of my XB1 orders set manually because I originally chose one-day, but they did it and waived the cost without an issue.

Amir0x

Banned
I know it's not an automatic thing, but I'd be pretty surprised if the XB1 was spotted on very many shelves prior to January. For all the bumbling, stumbling and fumbling MS has done this year, they still have an army of dedicated fans that will see them through the holiday season, IMO.

why do you believe that 'army of dedicated fans' is any more 'dedicated' then the army of Nintendo fans? Is there any fan known for more devotional fervor than a Nintendo fanboy? And the Xbox One is significantly more expensive than a Wii U was at launch.

I don't say all this to imply that I think it won't sell out this holiday season. I simply think making these sort of declarations is kind of an empty statement because we really don't know. I'd wager they will sell out of all their units this Holiday for the mere fact that I believe they will have real tight supply (and not because everyone wants one), but I certainly won't place any bets on it :p

why do you believe that 'army of dedicated fans' is any more 'dedicated' then the army of Nintendo fans? Is there any fan known for more devotional fervor than a Nintendo fanboy? And the Xbox One is significantly more expensive than a Wii U was at launch.

I don't say all this to imply that I think it won't sell out this holiday season. I simply think making these sort of declarations is kind of an empty statement because we really don't know. I'd wager they will sell out of all their units this Holiday for the mere fact that I believe they will have real tight supply (and not because everyone wants one), but I certainly won't place any bets on it :p

cboat mentioned a $399 sku next year. Probably alongside TitanFall i'd imagine.

Top Bottom