• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

malfcn

Just had the Xbox freak out and send a strange sound out, like a emergency test sound. The weird part was that the TV volume was turned up after it.

Nevermind, the sound was actually an Amber Alert from my phone. It was so loud I heard it through the Astros.

Kssio_Aug

Oh boy... I just reached 90% of my cloud upload storage (videos)! =(
I didn't know about that, I thought that we could record a really big number of videos... I have 48 videos.

Do someone know if MS plans to rise this storage limit?

Karish

Are there cool DLNA things you can do that don't require downloading things? E.g. Can you have CNN play via DLNA on Xbox (perhaps through Plex?)

I didn't know about that, I thought that we could record a really big number of videos... I have 48 videos.

If they're going to your Onedrive account, you can expand storage pretty easily. Bing offers size upgrades as part of their rewards program, for instance.

Kssio_Aug

If they're going to your Onedrive account, you can expand storage pretty easily. Bing offers size upgrades as part of their rewards program, for instance.

I think they dont, because besides there was saying I reached 90%, I just checked my OneDrive and I'm still with 17gb. =o
Is there a way to use Skydrive to store them, and still be able to let it showing to our friends on the Xbox?

Are those purely auto-recorded, using "Xbox Record that" (30 seconds), or a custom length?

Are you a silver/gold user?

Just curious. 48 feels like a low number compared to what I probably have, but a lot of them are auto-recorded or using record that command, and not many beyond 30s.

I think they dont, because besides there was saying I reached 90%, I just checked my OneDrive and I'm still with 17gb. =o
Is there a way to use Skydrive to store them, and still be able to let it showing to our friends on the Xbox?

Hmm, I don't think so. I know you can share videos to OneDrive, but I'd imagine once you delete it from your Xbox account, your friends won't be able to see it, but I'm not 100% sure.

It would be great if they used OneDrive for video storage though. I have 1.25 TB free. :x (1TB from Office, but also Surface Pro promotion and various other promotions).

Kssio_Aug

Are those purely auto-recorded, using "Xbox Record that" (30 seconds), or a custom length?

Are you a silver/gold user?

Just curious. 48 feels like a low number compared to what I probably have, but a lot of them are auto-recorded or using record that command, and not many beyond 30s.

Some of my earlier videos were at 5min. lenght. I deleted some of them now and I'm lower then 90% (but no idea of how much lower). But since they updated Smartglass with the record feature I just use that, so my last videos were 59 seconds long, ecxept for the replays of Super Time Force (that is at about 1 minute to 1 and a half). I'm a gold subscriber!

Some of my earlier videos were at 5min. lenght. I deleted some of them now and I'm lower then 90% (but no idea of how much lower). But since they updated Smartglass with the record feature I just use that, so my last videos were 59 seconds long, ecxept for the replays of Super Time Force (that is at about 1 minute to 1 and a half). I'm agold subscriber!

Ah, you probably just have a lot more longer videos than me. :)

Kssio_Aug

Ah, you probably just have a lot more longer videos than me. :)

Yeah, I believe that my 5 minutes videos are almost all erased now. I may have erased 4~5 videos of 5 minutes, what may give me at about 20 more records of 1 minute.
Maybe I should download some of my videos and upload them on youtube or something like that.

Still quite a low limit if you ask me! =(

Yeah, I believe that my 5 minutes videos are almost all erased now. I may have erased 4~5 videos of 5 minutes, what may give me at about 20 more records of 1 minute.
Maybe I should download some of my videos and upload them on youtube or something like that.

Still quite a low limit if you ask me! =(

I just use the YouTube app on the console to upload clips I want to keep. It's pretty easy to do, and has the added benefit of being easy to link to people.

klodeckel

Banned
After some days of usage I really need to say ... The new Snap Center is just amazing. Accessing friends, join parties, read messages. You can do all the important stuff so super fast now. Probably the best new feature to the Xbox One so far. If this is what Kampfheld was teasing ... I love it.

Caayn

After some days of usage I really need to say ... The new Snap Center is just amazing. Accessing friends, join parties, read messages. You can do all the important stuff so super fast now. Probably the best new feature to the Xbox One so far. If this is what Kampfheld was teasing ... I love it.
Snap center is an awesome addition to snap. My only problem with it is the initial load times for apps in snap those are still too long.

pesda

Banned
Snap center is amazing. I actually use snap now. They still have to fix the button prompt. Not feeling the double tap at all. I wish it was press once for snap. Hold down for menu. And once at the menu hold down again to turn off console/controller. I'm not an engineer though.

Kssio_Aug

Snap center is amazing. I actually use snap now. They still have to fix the button prompt. Not feeling the double tap at all. I wish it was press once for snap. Hold down for menu. And once at the menu hold down again to turn off console/controller. I'm not an engineer though.

Yeah, or 1 tap to snap and 2 taps to go to dash. And maybe they could add an option to go to dash at the snap center!

The feature is amazing, the only downer is have to double tap the Xbox button... I almost always double tap that worngly and go to the dash accidently.

Kind of on-topic:

1) Will the white XBO controller from the Sunset Overdrive bundle be sold separately? Will it be LE (like the white DS4 may be)?

2) Has the green camo controller received a release date?

Krilekk

Banned
Yeah, or 1 tap to snap and 2 taps to go to dash. And maybe they could add an option to go to dash at the snap center!

The feature is amazing, the only downer is have to double tap the Xbox button... I almost always double tap that worngly and go to the dash accidently.

I think it's perfect now. I very often use the go to home screen function so that should stay the primary button function. They should just integrate snap center into the shutdown center and have one layer that has access to all functions. Like the 360 guide.

Manik

Any chance of an invite to the preview program? Would love a chance to try out some of these updates.

Gamer tag is CazzBside.

Man this snap update is really messing with me I'm used to double tapping the home button then pressing down to scrolling through the apps but with this update pressing down makes me go to whatever app is there but that doesn't mean I hate it in fact I LOVE it just need to get used to it

LAA

Can someone invite me to the preview program?
Would really appreciate it.

GT: LAA51

PM me if/when you do.

Thanks

mrklaw

MrArseFace
XBL fallen over for anyone else? Was in the middle of forza 5 but now it won't even log me in. Tried hard reset

LAA

Oh it's down huh. Guess no one can invite me then yet...

Well will appreciate it if someone could when it's back on.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone know the link to the xbox live page, so you can invite people to the preview program.

Edit: Found it on the xbox one console :)

Rtas

So my xbox downloaded an update today and ever since for whatever reason it refuses to accept my routers WPA password. Like I mean flat out refuses. I had perfect connection before and during the update but ever since I cannot connect.

Anyone else having a problem similar to this? Or know of a fix better than the microsoft support (Try turning everything off and on )

Top Bottom