• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S: 40% smaller, 2TB, 4K for movies/tv, internal PSU, $300

Edit: Sneaky edit.

I'm on to you.

NO U

gears-3-horde-announce-jpg1.jpeg

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
4k BR players have stupid markup MSRP wise though.

And the fact that there is only two available have meant Samsung and Panasonic can charge whatever they want. This and the Neo would be a nice kick up the arse for the format.

Duxxy3

Have an XB1 already and don't have any interest in the XB1 S... but... streamlined controller? What does that mean?

Kazooie

Banned
Looks really beautiful. I don't have an Xbox One but if this is £299.99 at launch, which I suspect it will be, I might have to buy.

The design is amazing and the back log is great with Rare Replay, Halo 5 and the Master Cheif Collection.

I wish Sony had gone down this route with the Neo, ie: no graphical updates for games but a bigger HDD, slimmer form factor and 4k blu ray and 4k streaming support.

If this thing is $449 they better have some unannounced upgrades to the power of the system that games can take advantage of. Either that or it has a UHD blu-ray drive and they try and sell that harder

Hoo-doo

Banned
Boss★Moogle;206588281 said:
So they kept the VCR design? What a shame. Well at least they made it so it can be vertical, so there's that.

Vertical is a no-go on consoles for me ever since the 360 shredded my game discs. Hope they solved that problem at least.

Looks sexy as fuck. Gonna maybe sell my launch day 1 for this baby.

Also I can see this being their big hardware reveal but we already knew this was coming. Tom Warren confirmed it like 2 weeks ago. I bet they have some more up their sleeve.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
And the fact that there is only two available have meant Samsung and Panasonic can charge whatever they want. This and the Neo would be a nice kick up the arse for the format.

Exactly

I welcome Sony and MS getting into the mix.

Even if it's $400 aka the same price as the current BR players this device does sooo much more. You'd be stupid to get a standalone.

At the very least it could force standalone players to drop in price.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Call me weird, but 2TB is too much for me. I only have 500GB on my PS4 and PC and its more than enough for me and I'm a digital only guy. That hard drive would drive the cost up.

With all of our BC games, it is needed. I need far more than the 500GB in my current XB1

Xbudz

Maybe there is a speaker and mic built into the new Xbox, it's like Google Home or Alexa-like Cortana support without having to fully turn the console on.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
$299 or this won't sell at all. Kinect's not around to help drive sales anymore.

To be truthful, aren't they courting blow-back from disgruntled customers by launching this so close to a proper successor platform?

Unless its a cheaper version anyway.

Fliesen

looks super nice, but since i'm most definitely buying the PS4k at release, i think i'm gonna wait for some sort of Scorpio Slim a few years from now.

Top Bottom