• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S: 40% smaller, 2TB, 4K for movies/tv, internal PSU, $300

oakenhild

It IS looking damn good.

But are people really going to bother with this if they also have a brand new much improved system in the pipeline for next year?

Most people have no idea there is another Xbox in the pipeline beyond the slim.

Some gamers won't even find out about the slim until they see it in stores.

Welfare

Microsoft really want to go back to the 360 look.

909079b.jpg

GreyWind

The Gears image is the bigger deal here. As a current Xbox One owner, the S feels like a complete waste of money when the Scorpio is coming next year.

I know it's a screenshot from Judgement. The question is whether it is there for a reason or just a placeholder

jelly

Oh, right. If this is louder I will gladly stay with the old model, it's not like I ever looked at it anyway.

The external power brick needed it's own fan which always bugged me but this will probably work with whatever cools the rest of the box so silent is likely.

shanew21

The 4K and HDR stuff makes me think this is gonna be more expensive than people might expect, specifically considering this isn't the Scorpio hardware. Decent 4K Blu-ray players are around $400.

Likely just 4K streaming with HDR. I highly doubt it'll do 4K Blu-Ray.

Looks cool, despite me not having a need to buy one.

I'm curious about the "High Dynamic Range" part, can anyone shed any light on what this might mean?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Likely just 4K streaming with HDR. I highly doubt it'll do 4K Blu-Ray.

Does any streaming service support HDR? I have only seen it supported on UHD Blu Rays, which leads me to believe this will be a UHD BD player.

Top Bottom