• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S: 40% smaller, 2TB, 4K for movies/tv, internal PSU, $300

Tristax

Neo Member
Apologies if it's been posted but does the S have the upgraded SS Hybrid Drive that's in the Elite currently?

Load times in a lot of games are so much faster on the Elite and I'm down to order a S but not if it's a step backwards in gaming performance from my Elite.

Hawk269

Apologies if it's been posted but does the S have the upgraded SS Hybrid Drive that's in the Elite currently?

Load times in a lot of games are so much faster on the Elite and I'm down to order a S but not if it's a step backwards in gaming performance from my Elite.

They have not said as of yet. I think it would be great for the 2tb model, but no news yet. I think many are wanting to know some more details with the "S" such as the Sata port, is it 2 like the Xbox One of Sata 3, which would help with load times. Also stuff like what audio formats it will support and other things.

AndyD

aka andydumi
bQWNtLx.jpg

This is such a deceiving image. How did they get to this extreme example? Did they include the powerbrick?

They said it includes the power brick volume. The rationale is that it's now internal, so it counts in the "reduction".

LQX

Has anyone found any trade-in deals yet? Looks like Gamestop only gives $100 for the Xbox One. I'm not sure if they give any extra with controllers + Kinect.

Sell it in the for sale section. You can potentially get $175 at the least.

mdsfx

bQWNtLx.jpg

This is such a deceiving image. How did they get to this extreme example? Did they include the powerbrick?

honestly, i think whoever made this made the mistake of making it 40% shorter in one dimension and letting the rest follow, as opposed to a true 40% volume. for instance, if you just look at the width of it. Seems about 40% wouldn't you say?

EBE

is the 2TB limited edition? as in it comes in a special box like the day one xbox one?
im a sucker for that

Malakai

By going with an Internal PSU, does this increase the odds of Xbox One S overheating that plagued the Xbox 360.

Wouldn't be cheaper to get the smaller storage Xbox One S @ $299 for 500GB and buy a external 4 TB harddrive for $120 or 3 TB hard drive for about $85? How many USB 3.0 ports does the Xbox One S have?

Bsigg12

is the 2TB limited edition? as in it comes in a special box like the day one xbox one?
im a sucker for that

Yea, it comes in the box that has the console standing rather than flat and only in the corner of the box. It also comes with the stand where the 500GB and 1TB do not, it's $19.99 by itself.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Straight from Microsoft, the 2TB launches first and the 500GB and 1TB follow at a later date.

The 2TB model is also the only one that comes with the vertical stand. To me the 500GB and 1TB are just there so that MS can say "starting at $299" instead of "$399".

They did that only for the US market. The rest of us still needed to wait till September to get it (iirc).

Interesting, did not know that.

im a sucker for that

I am wondering the same, not sure why everyone is calling that a limited edition. Looks same to me.

edit

Yea, it comes in the box that has the console standing rather than flat and only in the corner of the box. It also comes with the stand where the 500GB and 1TB do not, it's $19.99 by itself.

That stand, not bad. Not bad at all.

EBE

Interesting, did not know that.

I am wondering the same, not sure why everyone is calling that a limited edition. Looks same to me.

edit

That stand, not bad. Not bad at all.

I think it does, it is limited so I would image there is something that indicates that on the box.

thanks everyone. guess im preordering lol

WadeitOut

The 500gb version will obviously be out around the Holidays when everyone who doesn't have a 4K tv finally makes the jump and UHDs are all over the place.

WadeitOut

I'm just going to cancel the 500gb and keep my 2TB preorder. An additional $100 for the stand, 1.5 extra tbs, and getting it like 3 months earlier is worth it to me since I sold my Halo 5 console the other day to pay for most of it anyways.

WadeitOut

That isn't bad at alll, May do it.

I sell on Ebay because I can get more even with the 10% taken out but the Amazon trade in is pretty great. If they grade the console lower than you picked when you did it you can choose to either have them ship it back to you for free or take the lower amount.

Fliesen

honestly, i think whoever made this made the mistake of making it 40% shorter in one dimension and letting the rest follow, as opposed to a true 40% volume. for instance, if you just look at the width of it. Seems about 40% wouldn't you say?

yeah, right. The 'mistake'.

Kazooie

Banned
Was going to buy the 1tb for £299 but if the stand is an extra £20 I may as well get the 2tb console for £349.

This would look so sexy in matte black, but my PS4 is white as well.

TLZ

Banned
Thread title should be fixed since 2TB is in title, it should say $399 (400), not $299 (300).

EDIT: Post above beat me :)

Tristax

Neo Member
Sucks that they didn't release more details, by the time they get around to addressing audio options, whether it has a SSD Hybrid drive, etc. the 2g model will be hard to find.

Weird, they look like the same thing? Idk. I can't decide if I want a 2TB one or just wait for the 500GB one. I won't be using the stand so that's not really important.
All of my games are on an external 2TB HDD so if I get the S I'll be waiting for the 500GB version. Plug and play ftw.

The Verge already had good comparison pictures on Monday.

LIOmPI3.jpg

W7Y5iBg.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11911184/microsoft-xbox-one-s-announced-price-specs-e3-2016

It was also mentioned in there, that the 2 TB model launches first in August.

"A special, limited edition launch edition of the Xbox One S will be available in early August with a 2TB hard drive for $399. Two standard versions will be available soon after: a 500GB edition for $299, and 1TB for $349."

Chitown B

I am disappointed how far the release date of this thing is.

In 2012 they announced 360 slim and pulled available end of the week thing. This one, available in Aug. Come on.

The 360 had already been out for 7 years at that point. The X1 has only been out for 2.5 years. They need to sell off remaining stock at discount.

Elios83

The fact that the console has a UHD BR drive and still costs 299$ is a good thing.
It means that the new disc drive has virtually no impact on the cost of the system.

Top Bottom