• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Update Preview (Cortana, new Game Library, Win10 app, more)

It may sound dramatic to some but I cancelled my auto renewal for Live which runs out in a couple of months, I've had it to be honest. This is a software company and some of the design decisions they make me feel like it's still not as a complete enjoyable experience as Xbox 360 was after the Xbox One launch. The background music feature just feels underhanded and half hearted. Why didn't preview programme guys get a chance to test it out and give feedback on it before a public release? What was Mike Ybarra talking about a few months ago when he wanted BM on Xb1 done in a way that surprises fans? I don't see it, do you guys?

I will still buy some games for Xbox but I have had enough giving them my money for Live itself, its just not worth it for me personally anymore.

naitosan

DETAILS

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160730-2312
Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/1 (1:00 AM GMT 2/8)

FIXES

• Payments & Billing
When adding a new payment method, the "View terms" button should now function correctly.

• USB Keyboard
Resolved an issue which caused the Xbox One S to fail to recognize USB keyboards after powering on.

• Party Chat
Resolved an issue which could cause party chat to crash when using the Kinect.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

• My Games & Apps
• If a universal app version of an app is available, the version which is not currently installed may appear under Ready to Install (causing what appears to be the same app both installed and in Ready to Install).
• You may encounter an installation error (0x800700002) when attempting to install or update universal apps.
Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the app. If you have the app installed on both the internal hard drive and an external hard drive, be sure to uninstall from both.

• Pins
If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.

More bug fixes but known issues keep shrinking. Nice.

Tapejara

Finished updating. You guys weren't kidding about it taking a few seconds to load the sidebar.

Also, I really like how My Games and Apps shows which games/apps have updates available. Very convenient, and makes it so much easier to manage game updates.

Kingbrave

With the new preview update tonight:

Every 5minutes I get:

Can't download internet would you like to

Keep trying
Check internet

No matter which I pick eventually it will start downloadning again and after five munites go back to the; THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE UPATE, stuff all over....

leeh

What the hell is this post? Do you think it's okay that I essentially pay Spotify money for them to make a deal with Sony to block me from using the service on a device I want to use it on?
I'm with you. That whole deal has wound me up the wrong way, there's having an exclusive game, and then there's making the most widely used music streaming service exclusive.

Orca

It really is fucking ridiculous, especially since Cortana is available in Canada for Windows 10. Even worse is that for the odd exception, we have a similar damn accent as people from the Northern States. And you can't even blame Quebec for them speaking French either, because Cortana is available in France as per the initial rollout
Cortana works in Canada and has for a while now.

SOR5

Guys theres an offer with Groove Music where you can get a 4 month trial

I would use it but Im more of a Google Play guy

With Spotify second

And Apple Music as a last resort/if some part of me ever wants their 'exclusives'

And not much reason to use Tidal

But I have heard Groove/Amazon Prime are the dark horses of music streaming

Lima

Loving groove. The iOS app is better than Spotify, song selection is pretty much the same(groove might even have more tbh). It's a no brainier to start the test month now to get 4 months for free. I'm going to subscribe after that for sure.

Zedox

Zune -> Xbox Music -> Groove Music has always been under appreciated in the music world. With the OneDrive integration, it's the best for me. I have so much music and I have Office 365 personal (got it for free with my lumia 950) and it gave me 1TB of online storage. I just want some of the social features that Zune had (like playcount and looking at friend's playcount). It was like a Gamerscore but not. lol

Zedox

groove is cool but its such a lame name. i didn't mind the name xbox music

Well seeing as Xbox is no longer their "entertainment brand", having Xbox Music and Xbox Video doesn't make sense. I still loved Zune (and its logo) but obviously there's a negative connotation with it because of the iPod days. Groove makes sense because of dancing and dancing implies music so I get it...but eh. Whatever, just a name. :)

Light blue = Old
Dark blue = New

Note: Update is only for insiders.

Turns out I had to uninstall both and download it from the store again. Works lovely. I've been waiting for this! Nice!

Oooooh and Rise of the Tomb Raider works again. Person on Reddit said he had Uninstalled all DLC and then booted the game and that it worked and I tried it and yes it worked!

LOL

I told Cortana to play my music but my Surface Pro was on as well. So eventually I put my headphones down and I notice how the Surface is playing music too, haha. Yep gonna disable her on Windows 10.

Caayn

Light blue = Old
Dark blue = New

Note: Update is only for insiders.
I wish that MS would add a symbol or something to the title of an app when it's a preview version and the normal version is still available. Just to make it more clear which version is which.

LOL

I told Cortana to play my music but my Surface Pro was on as well. So eventually I put my headphones down and I notice how the Surface is playing music too, haha. Yep gonna disable her on Windows 10.

Yeah I had to turn off "Hey Cortana" on my Surface Pro as well, I would activate both all the time.

They really deserve props for managing to make browsing the store more annoying and convoluted with each update. Games are now mixed in with music tv and other garbage and the games specific section is a tightly packed mess that seems to run poorly each time you open it. Sigh.

They really deserve props for managing to make browsing the store more annoying and convoluted with each update. Games are now mixed in with music tv and other garbage and the games specific section is a tightly packed mess that seems to run poorly each time you open it. Sigh.

Not sure what you mean because it seems to be the same as last week.

Nheco

I already tried to change from Google Music to Groove. Why I don't changed? Because the Android Groove App is a piece of shit (at least the last time I checked). I remember that I wasn't even able to change the default location where my downloaded music should be saved.

Zedox

I already tried to change from Google Music to Groove. Why I don't changed? Because the Android Groove App is a piece of shit (at least the last time I checked). I remember that I wasn't even able to change the default location where my downloaded music should be saved.

When did you last look at the Groove app? It's much closer to the Windows 10 version now. They updated I want to say 2 weeks ago.

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-rolling-out-long-awaited-groove-music-update-android-ios

Groove update removed music videos... :(

They are adding that back in.

http://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-will-bring-back-music-videos-support-on-groove-music-app-for-xbox/

:)

Caayn said:
I wish that MS would add a symbol or something to the title of an app when it's a preview version and the normal version is still available. Just to make it more clear which version is which.

Well I'm sure it won't be long lived anyways as there wasn't many non-UWP apps for the Xbox One.

EvB

Not buggy perse but the whole dashboard really isn't as snappy as it used to be. Seems to be some lag going on, bit sluggish.

If you've been through multiple preview programs, it's worth doing a factory reset.

There is an option to do it without clearing the game partition now

LostDonkey

Screenshots of non Win10 Xbox games, i.e Steam games etc now show up on your Xbox Live feed on your console, as long as they've been taken with the Xbox app Screenshots function.

Sorry if that's already been covered but I thought it was cool.

link1201

If you've been through multiple preview programs, it's worth doing a factory reset.

There is an option to do it without clearing the game partition now
Oh yeah? Does the option appear after you select factory reset or is it more complicated than that?

Top Bottom