• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

SenkiDala

So finally guys, AC Origins is in Native 4K? I've heard a dev during E3 saying it was a 1800p but upscaled to 4K.

I'm not buying a X anyway but just wondering what percentage of games are at real native 4K, because I mean they promised "no compromise".

Robert807

My Xbox is being shipped out today from Amazon Canada. Doubt I'll get it tomorrow , but maybe Monday. I can't wait. Scorpio edition

PaNaMa

Banned
For those of us who pre-ordered from the Microsoft Store, I spoke with a rep in chat today and they said that orders are supposed to start shipping out tomorrow (Thursday). I live in Canada and didn't mention that to the agent, so no idea when I'll get mine but hopefully its on Monday. :)

Just checked my order on MS store, no movement yet. No hold on my Visa for the funds either, so they haven't processed it. Only 11:30 here in NL tho, so there's still hope :p

thatJohann

I'm so torn whether to keep this preorder or cancel it. I barely have time to play games anymore and i already have a Pro and a Switch (which i never use). So, I might wait for reviews tomorrow before I cancel my Scorpio edition on Amazon.

Solidsnake32292

Neo Member
Has anyone who pre-ordered from Best Buy the Scorpio edition had any movement?

Mine is still at processing with a delivery of the 7th next tuesday. It says my credit card is "awaiting authorization".

Is this normal? When should we expect them to start shipping it out?

My walmart pre order was charged today but was pushed back until November 16th and now I'm really relying on best buy to come through.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Mine is still at processing with a delivery of the 7th next tuesday. It says my credit card is "awaiting authorization".

My walmart pre order was charged today but was pushed back until November 16th and now I'm really relying on best buy to come through.

It’s normal. It will change when they charge. It will go to preparing. Depending on distance from shipping center, they may wait longer if you are close. Will change to shipped when they print a shipping label for the box.

Don't mean to bump this with a my own inquiry but what does GAF think, should I bite on this or not?

Also I just learned about the project Scorpio edition. Just a special limited edition of the console?

Also I don't have a 4k tv. Would it really matter playing on it until I do get a 4k tv?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Don't mean to bump this with a my own inquiry but what does GAF think, should I bite on this or not?

Also I just learned about the project Scorpio edition. Just a special limited edition of the console?

Also I don't have a 4k tv. Would it really matter playing on it until I do get a 4k tv?

Scorpio Edition is a limited edition console though some places like Target in this thread has opened them back up for pre order.

My Gamestop says they will have 2 or 3 Scorpio Editions on hand because of people changing over to standard.

As far as not having a 4k TV the X will do Super Sampling and here is a quick rundown of that:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/16340160/microsoft-xbox-one-x-enhanced-1080p-tv

solis74

saw this on reddit:

The following is a list of confirmed Xbox One X benefits for 1080p TV owners. I am no expert on tech specs. I have compiled the list from interviews and articles which are freely found on the web:

•Faster load times. The One X HDD is 50% faster than the One S. And the extra 4GB of RAM with the much higher bandwidth, can speed up the loading of assets etc)
•Hardware inside the One X provides Anisotropic Filtering (AF) to existing games (makes textures a little clearer). Albert Penello mentions this in an interview with The Know

•Existing XB1 games which have dynamic resolution and / or dynamic frame rate will look best and perform best on a One X (edit: i.e. resolution should stay at its maximum and / or frame rate should stay consistent and smooth)

•Super sampling is enabled by default on games which target 4k. This means that a 4k game playing on a 1080p TV, will have a better image quality than a native 1080p game on the same TV.

•Further visual benefits would include higher quality textures which can be seen further into the distance, longer draw distances for the geometry, and extra effects. This is dependent on what the developer does with their game

Scorpio Edition is a limited edition console though some places like Target in this thread has opened them back up for pre order.

My Gamestop says they will have 2 or 3 Scorpio Editions on hand because of people changing over to standard.

As far as not having a 4k TV the X will do Super Sampling and here is a quick rundown of that:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/16340160/microsoft-xbox-one-x-enhanced-1080p-tv

Thanks.

Why would people switch from Scorpio edition to standard? Just preference?

How much would an original Xbox One sell for online? I figure id sell it to get something to apply toward an X

link1201

Hmmmm....Amazon is telling my Scorpio edition isn't shipping until December. I don't mind getting it late but I really want the Scorpio edition. What are my chances of actually getting it from Amazon?

Icekeep9

GameStop emailed me the code as well. But I preordered on Gamestop online and it's already paid for. Do I just go to my local store and get the same credit?

I'm not sure. I never received mine. I heard you can just go to the store and they can kook it up and do it. I don't believe is starts until Tuesday for the trade in. If you have already paid it off, I suspect you can still get the credit for it. I don't know if they will refund the difference if you want to do that.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Less than 20 at launch possibly? even less if talking about Native 4k? I'm not knocking the Xbox One X as I have it on pre-order, but I'm not expecting a sudden mass of enabled titles on launch day still.

Believe Penello said 50 ish launch day and over 80 by a few weeks after launch.

Man, I was excited to have mine to play Shadow of War, Origins and CoD WW2 in my new LG OLED, but the games do not have the HDR patch or even X enhancements out, right?

Kinda sucks.

Man, I was excited to have mine to play Shadow of War, Origins and CoD WW2 in my new LG OLED, but the games do not have the HDR patch or even X enhancements out, right?

Kinda sucks.

It's not launching til next week and considering the press have been playing Shadow of War and CoD WW2 Xbox Enhanced versions i'd be stunned if they didn't launch. Oh and Origins has the patch out now.

dcx4610

1. Do you have a gaming PC? Then no.
2. Do you have a PS4 and that’s it? Then maybe.
3. Do you want to watch UHD movies? Maybe but cheaper to get an S.
4. Do you have money to go blow and just want new hardware? Then yes.

It really comes down to the PC question. There is nothing the XB gets that PC doesn’t. The only potential benefit would be if you cross buy games and want to play them both on your PC and Xbox.

If you have a PS4, you’re only missing out on Xbox exclusives and that’s a small list.

dcx4610

I literally pre-ordered one for UHD movies and because it’s black to replace my One S. Shoot me.

Since it’s the most powerful console now, I think I’ll use it for multiplats over the PS4 Pro but most everything comes out on PC now. Oh well, new hardware is always exciting.

WadeitOut

Guys I have great news. Me and Amazon decided to go to counseling and work on our relationship.

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition 1TB Console"
Estimated arrival date: November 07, 2017

Miljinor

Same for me on my order from Best Buy. I've already been charged from Paypal and have a scheduled delivery on the 7th, but still in processing.

shpankey

not an idiot
It really comes down to the PC question. There is nothing the XB gets that PC doesn't. The only potential benefit would be if you cross buy games and want to play them both on your PC and Xbox.
That's not %100 true, albeit point well taken. But the PC doesn't get some sports games (Madden, NHL, NBA Live) just off the top of my head.

Just checked my order on MS store, no movement yet. No hold on my Visa for the funds either, so they haven't processed it. Only 11:30 here in NL tho, so there's still hope :p

I just checked on my pre-order and it hasn't been updated either. No text about credit card charges as well. Hmmm. For me the day has another 9 hours left so things could change... Haha.

The logistics behind coordinating launches like this must be pretty complex. Shipping large numbers of units around the world for hopefully a Nov. 7 delivery must be daunting. Hopefully UPS (I think this is who MS uses) is kind to my Scorpio Edition.

Top Bottom