• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

GodOfVG103

Neo Member
I'm so torn whether to keep this preorder or cancel it. I barely have time to play games anymore and i already have a Pro and a Switch (which i never use). So, I might wait for reviews tomorrow before I cancel my Scorpio edition on Amazon.

Am in the same situation, I think am going to cancel my Scorpio preorder. I have zero time as it is right now for the consoles I already have lol.

hi, im chase beck. Green Mountain High SChool student, Junior to be exact ;). im really smart caring and sensitive. i use my brother's vape every once in a while to so i m a bit of a bad boy xD. also handsome. Any athiest ladies in the area who want to maybe want to hang sometime????????? please have an iq of equal or greater value. feminists required/ contact me at (970) 470-0581

hi, im chase beck. Green Mountain High SChool student, Junior to be exact ;). im really smart caring and sensitive. i use my brother's vape every once in a while to so i m a bit of a bad boy xD. also handsome. Any athiest ladies in the area who want to maybe want to hang sometime????????? please have an iq of equal or greater value. feminists required/ contact me at (970) 470-0581

WTF

MaulerX

Since all the Taco Bell winners are getting their consoles already I wonder if the regular orders will get to us earlier.

GameStop sent me an email with tracking #! There's a slight chance I might get it tomorrow since I picked next day delivery. Monday at the latest. 😁

GameStop sent me an email with tracking #! There's a slight chance I might get it tomorrow since I picked next day delivery. Monday at the latest. 😁

Mine says it is shipping tommorow but won't get to me until the 7th. Seems like Amazon is going to hold it as there is a warehouse pretty close to me. I am hoping they just release it early though.

thatJohann

Just canceled my launch day Scorpio Amazon order. I’m just not into this console or gaming anymore. Nothing I’ve seen excites me. Hope someone is able to get mine

Bizzquik

Amazon told me Sunday and Wednesday that I would be getting my XB1X on November 7th...but still no shipping schedule yet.

...Yeah, I'm beginning to get worried.

WadeitOut

Amazon told me Sunday and Wednesday that I would be getting my XB1X on November 7th...but still no shipping schedule yet.

...Yeah, I'm beginning to get worried.

I wouldn't get worried yet. I got my shipping eta today but I dont expect anything to actually ship until Saturday or Sunday night because of how close I am to the nearest distro. If you don't get anything tomorrow I'd be worried.

Capsov

My bank flagged the transaction as suspicious and wont let it go through. Customer Service doesn't open up till 8AM. I hope this doesnt delay my order by too much from MS. :(

WadeitOut

Mine is showing expected to ship from Amazon on Monday. So any of you waiting for a shipping update still have time yet to get your order updated.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Anyone seen any movement on their Microsoft store orders? Charges to cards or anything? If they’re sending a couple of hundred thousand consoles out worldwide on Monday for Tuesday deliveries, somethings going to slip up.

AmyS

IGN Xbox One X Review in Progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxzlTHJxZvc&t=0s

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/03/xbox-one-x-review

Microsoft's new Xbox One X is definitely the most powerful console ever made, and what we've seen so far has been impressive. But the question no one can answer right now is how much of a difference that power will make in cross-platform games like Assassin's Creed Origins or Call of Duty: World War 2. Ahead of launch, only a handful of Microsoft-exclusive games are available with full enhancements. That means we can't yet fully test the $500 Xbox One X's performance of enhanced third-party games head to head against its closest competitor, the $400 PlayStation 4 Pro. So, this review will be in progress until shortly after launch on November 7 – but here's what I think so far.

It's also as remarkably quiet as the One S, even when it's working hard, and never got warm enough that overheating in a confined space would be a concern. In fact, the Xbox One X runs only a few degrees warmer than the One S during 4K-enhanced gameplay: both the One S and One X averaged within 106 and 112 degrees fahrenheit, while the PS4 Pro stabilized around 124 degrees during our testing.

Edit:

https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/03/xbox-one-x-review-wait-and-see/

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/xbox-one-x-review?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

samred

Here's Ars Technica's review.

In some ways, Microsoft doesn’t leave much room for us to complain about the Xbox One X’s sales proposition without sounding whiny. The cost-to-performance ratio is off the charts, and enhanced games make the console’s brute-force pixel-pushing potential abundantly clear. The system’s general design and profile follows the handsome Xbox One S to make for an understated, elegant addition to any home entertainment system. It’s not a blustering, whiny, loud thing. It’s cool. We like the Xbox One X.

Yet our early look at the Xbox One X feels necessarily incomplete, thanks to the limited selection of enhanced games available at press time. Plenty of further One X enhancements have been promised for the launch period and beyond, and we’ll update our thoughts when we get our hands on some of those. But the fact that so many publishers and developers, including Microsoft’s first-party brass, are scrambling in the days leading to this new system’s launch does not necessarily bode well for the future of these kinds of enhancements.

Tall Paul

Just flicking through a selection, most of the points seem to mention lack of vr and whether it’s worth the upgrade at this price point for graphical improvements, but considering many patches aren’t yet out a few are caviating the review which is fair, cant see many mentions of noise etc so I’m assuming it’s not an issue. I’m excited anyway. Digital Foundry should have some good stuff up soon.

Tall Paul

From the IGN In Progress Review:

“It’s also as remarkably quiet as the One S, even when it’s working hard, and never got warm enough that overheating in a confined space would be a concern. In fact, the Xbox One X runs only a few degrees warmer than the One S during 4K-enhanced gameplay”

dVeLoPe

i have an extra scorpio edition on pre order at amazon and i am going to cancel it unless someone wants it as i already have credit for gamestop and a pre order with them for my personal console let me know!

Top Bottom