• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I've just looked at my MS order...

'Sorry, we cannot find any order history for you'

Hoping they are just mega busy...

Twice

Neo Member
Had a chat with the MS Store (UK) support last night about my order.

He told me it was all set and my preorder would be delivered with everybody else’s on the release date 11th November.

11th November?

I queried that with him and he backtracked a bit and said (whenever it releases in your region) but I’m not sure now. My card hasn’t been charged and there are no updates on my order page :-(

MilkyJoe

Had a chat with the MS Store (UK) support last night about my order.

He told me it was all set and my preorder would be delivered with everybody else’s on the release date 11th November.

11th November?

I queried that with him and he backtracked a bit and said (whenever it releases in your region) but I’m not sure now. My card hasn’t been charged and there are no updates on my order page :-(

Try pick one up Tuesday and cancel it.

thatJohann

I'm currently torn, I have the Scorpio edition on pre-order, but the more I see of the standard One X, the more I don't like the two-tone & pattern on the Scorpio edition :-(

Anyone got or seen any descent side by side comparison pics of Scorpio & standard??

I might end up taking the vertical stand from my Scorpio once its delivered on 7th, taking it to CEX and going and buying a standard one! (if I can find one)

Really not sure!

help :-(

I'm pretty much in the same boat....do you want a 'limited' edition of the machine or not?

I canceled my Scorpio Edition. Really wasn’t into the two tone look. I prefer the standard all matte black edition. Looks less tacky.

bodi

Neo Member
Where do we check? The store page, in mine, still says preordered but I was charged last night (US). I don't see an option to check status anywhere else, unless they emailed you of course. And congrats.

There's a tracking number at the same place where "preorder status" was. And I've got an email too.

yankee666

Anyone ordered from Amazon.es? My order status hasnt change
I should have ordered from Amazon.de, i never had a problem with them. Even my Switch and Snes came on time
:(

mark1981giur

Neo Member
SSD QUESTION

I bought a Samsung T5 1TB drive in prep of the Xbox One X. I hope it performs a lot better. Anyone have experience with these ?

MrBenchmark

SSD QUESTION

I bought a Samsung T5 1TB drive in prep of the Xbox One X. I hope it performs a lot better. Anyone have experience with these ?
I use a SSD for all my frequent played games on Xbox externally and it’s super fast I played a ton of Destiny 1 and 2 and I’m always the first to load in no menu waiting it’s glorius

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Hmm, now it just says sorry something went wrong when I try to view my order and when I try to use contact us, Safari just drops and fails to open the page, Safari cant open the page error message.

Getting quite concerned.

Can any UK MS store customers please check and see if they can see their orders for me?

From what it looks like nobody Xbox X has gain any traction from BestBuy US by going though this site and other websites. Im guessing they doing overnight shipping on Monday? Man thats risky as hell.

Am_I_Evil

From what it looks like nobody Xbox X has gain any traction from BestBuy US by going though this site and other websites. Im guessing they doing overnight shipping on Monday? Man thats risky as hell.

Yeah, mine still says arriving 11/7 but still just says pre-ordered.... Hopefully it actually makes it...

Orcus

Just asking again since my post had dropped back a few pages. Does anyone know if Walmart is doing midnight pickup for launch day pre-orders?

Isurus

My Amazon order still says "Arriving Tuesday" but it hasn't shipped and just says "shipping soon". Amazon is damn frustrating.

Starloard

Neo Member
My amazon order still says we will notify you when it becomes available. I ordered it back on 8/20.

I chatted with a rep and they said not to worry.

Scorpio Edition.

Klocker

My amazon order still says we will notify you when it becomes available. I ordered it back on 8/20.

Scorpio Edition.

My Aug 20th order came back yesterday finally saying arrival 9th, so I canceled, ordered a regular edition and it says its shipping today arriving Tuesday 7th

My gamestop pre order doesn't show anything new..but my AMEX does show a pre authorize charge for the remaining balance(Since I also used a gamestop store credit) will see what happens on Monday that is when according to my previous Gamestop email, is when I will receive tracking info

quest

Not Banned from OT
My Amazon order still says "Arriving Tuesday" but it hasn't shipped and just says "shipping soon". Amazon is damn frustrating.

I would be happy with that mine still no date will email when in stock crap. Just wait until for black Friday and hopefully get both Xbox x and LG b7 65 oled. Just wanted that scorpio addition best looking console ever Imo.

arhra

My Amazon UK order is still saying "Dispatch expected today".

Which has me kinda worried, as they're rapidly running out of "today" in which to actually dispatch it. No charge on my card yet either...

AmyS

I'm wondering if I should trade in my Nintendo Switch at GS to knock off another $200 with my X1X pre-order.

Decisions, decisions.

WadeitOut

I'm wondering if I should trade in my Nintendo Switch at GS to knock off another $200 with my X1X pre-order.

Decisions, decisions.

Yeah I'm basically done with Odyssey and was thinking of selling mine and using the money to pay of all of these games I bought for the XB1. Went between BotW and Odyssey never touching my Switch and I'm not seeing anything on the horizon.

*Edit* Wait I just remembered Xenoblade...going to have to wait for after that.

OCD Guy

My Amazon UK order is still saying "Dispatch expected today".

Which has me kinda worried, as they're rapidly running out of "today" in which to actually dispatch it. No charge on my card yet either...

No need to worry at this point.

It's not out of the ordinary to receive a dispatch email at 2am.

When is your expected delivery? Tuesday?

Scorpio Edition.

That was their scripted response. If you go chat with 10 different agents, you will get the same thing. One out of 10 will tell you the truth. They over allocated the pre orders and they don't have them. That is why others have ship dates and you do not. They don't have them. Cancel and order the standard is the only way you are getting it. MS is not making more. The reason they popped back up are from scalper cancellations promising same day delivery and fearing negative feedback.

AmyS

Regardless, I'll be jammin' to this track on Monday.

Jammy - Walk Away (Scorpio After Dark Mix)

Club Mix - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50tkbdH3vg0

jOOGs6q.jpg

arhra

No need to worry at this point.

It's not out of the ordinary to receive a dispatch email at 2am.

When is your expected delivery? Tuesday?

Yeah. Haven't actually ordered much from Amazon since moving a few years ago, so I'm not sure how long they usually take, but I'm at the arse end of Devon so I'm not expecting an early delivery even if they do get it sent out tonight.

OCD Guy

Yeah. Haven't actually ordered much from Amazon since moving a few years ago, so I'm not sure how long they usually take, but I'm at the arse end of Devon so I'm not expecting an early delivery even if they do get it sent out tonight.

Shame but you never know it might come on Monday. Either way you'll get an update later today.

I tend to order a lot from Amazon and it's common to receive dispatch emails at random times. Afterall there's items you can order for next day delivery up until 10:30pm so they dispatch very late.

At it's worst I remember my item not being updated until 10am on the day it was meant to arrive. It did arrive but at the time I was panicking because there were no updates..

It doesn't matter now but I still wish they had just released the X yesterday, Tuesday is random.

Preordered the Scorpio from Amazon in Aug, just canceled and ordered the regular One X. Via chat, Amazon waived the shipping and will get it release day.

Klocker

Shame but you never know it might come on Monday. Either way you'll get an update later today.

I tend to order a lot from Amazon and it's common to receive dispatch emails at random times. Afterall there's items you can order for next day delivery up until 10:30pm so they dispatch very late.

At it's worst I remember my item not being updated until 10am on the day it was meant to arrive. It did arrive but at the time I was panicking because there were no updates..

It doesn't matter now but I still wish they had just released the X yesterday, Tuesday is random.

Seriously releasing on a Tuesday for this was stupid should have been a Friday released and given people all week to get their units shipped without the weekend interfering I meant have the whole weekend to play

never understand this.

OCD Guy

Seriously releasing on a Tuesday for this was stupid should have been a Friday released and given people all week to get their units shipped without the weekend interfering I meant have the whole weekend to play

never understand this.

Yeah releasing on a Tuesday just makes no sense to me, but I'm probably missing something, maybe there's a reason for it.

The embargo was up Friday, they might as well have released the consoles then too.

I could have been playing on it, instead I'm on the internet reading about it lol

Bubba77

My skorpio amazon order updated to the 9th. I emailed customer service and they changed to the 7th. Didnt even need to say nasty things

shpankey

not an idiot
I think most things release on Tuesday's (bluray's, music, books, games, etc). Not sure what is up w/ Tuesdays but I would guess part of it is retailer choice and perhaps supply and possibly some sort of statistical sales angle. I should say, some people attribute it to the Genesis Sonic 2 release and the catchphrase "2sday" that set the standard for games, but that wouldn't explain the others. At this point, people know to look for the new stuff every Tuesday though, so it seems to be self-reinforcing now.

WadeitOut

I think most things release on Tuesday's (bluray's, music, books, games, etc). Not sure what is up w/ Tuesdays but I would guess part of it is retailer choice and perhaps supply and possibly some sort of statistical sales angle. I should say, some people attribute it to the Genesis Sonic 2 release and the catchphrase "2sday" that set the standard for games, but that wouldn't explain the others. At this point, people know to look for the new stuff every Tuesday though, so it seems to be self-reinforcing now.

Its because that's how various sales statistician companies track sales. They do it from Tues-monday.

Top Bottom