• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

I'll predict lots available at release day. Releasing a limited edition version and having it sell out creates press.

And MS needs some positive press coverage.

gamz

Too soon?
2nXRc2r.jpg

Most expensive console? Okay....

Podge293

Finally gone live on the Irish MS store. Got myself one. Seems I can easily cancel if I so desire.

Fun times ahead

I haven't been charged yet

Hawk269

I have to say this has been exciting. Decided to drive to a GameStop even after calling them and them not knowing, figured I would take a chance and go to the Store directly. As I walk in there are 4 people in line, 3 clerks behind the counter with 1 on the phone talking about the pre-order. I walked up and asked and they said it just started. 4 guys in front of me all pre-ordering. When I get to the register another 3 walk in and the guy in charge of answering the phone had about 6 calls all in a row asking about it. This particular store has 24, I was number 6 with another 3 that were behind me giving them 9 within it going live within 30 minutes.

I needed one for my Wife and they would not allow me to do another one, so drove to another GS. Apparently they have linked their systems and it blocked me, but the guy said they could just put my Wife in the system and since we are moving I had them use our new address. That Store only had 12 units and sold through 6 already with my wife having the 7th unit.

It was fun and exciting, talked with a few guys outside that were in front of me and it had that new console generation feel or excitement.

Hawk269

Too soon?
2nXRc2r.jpg

Umm...WTF dude? I mean, I know you are trying to be funny, but fuck man, this is pre-order thread for people that want to pre-order and we really don't need this kind of shit in every Xbox One thread.

Sorry for the rant, but it is just getting fucking old now.

I don't think 150-175 from GameStop for an og xbone is out of reach. I think it will be a thing where only if you have a preorder will you get the promotion. GameStop have done some crazy deals like that in the past

BradWardFight

Neo Member
Don't trust retailers to not have consoles available. Preordered before and got screwed with Wii U and PS4. My hope is I can get one locally so I dont have to wait for it to ship.

okabekah

Neo Member
I have to say this has been exciting. Decided to drive to a GameStop even after calling them and them not knowing, figured I would take a chance and go to the Store directly. As I walk in there are 4 people in line, 3 clerks behind the counter with 1 on the phone talking about the pre-order. I walked up and asked and they said it just started. 4 guys in front of me all pre-ordering. When I get to the register another 3 walk in and the guy in charge of answering the phone had about 6 calls all in a row asking about it. This particular store has 24, I was number 6 with another 3 that were behind me giving them 9 within it going live within 30 minutes.

I needed one for my Wife and they would not allow me to do another one, so drove to another GS. Apparently they have linked their systems and it blocked me, but the guy said they could just put my Wife in the system and since we are moving I had them use our new address. That Store only had 12 units and sold through 6 already with my wife having the 7th unit.

It was fun and exciting, talked with a few guys outside that were in front of me and it had that new console generation feel or excitement.

It is quite exciting - a lot of people said that it's just the hardcore that would want this, but I think today is proving just how tempting the prospect of power is to us all, especially when it's been touted for over a year in front of us. Xbox is my favourite ecosystem to play multiplatforms on. It'll be nice to no longer have performance concessions while playing and to be near the top of the DF food chain for a bit too haha!

Hawk269

It is quite exciting - a lot of people said that it's just the hardcore that would want this, but I think today is proving just how tempting the prospect of power is to us all, especially when it's been touted for over a year in front of us. Xbox is my favourite ecosystem to play multiplatforms on. It'll be nice to no longer have performance concessions while playing and to be near the top of the DF food chain for a bit too haha!

Yeah it was. For me, me and my Wife just moved to Boise, Idaho and we really don't know anyone, meet 4 people at the first GS, exchanged GT's etc. Really nice people. But yeah, it did have that excitement level to it that is normally when a new generation starts.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So the GameStop trade in deal, can I keep my S until launch, then trade it in for the X and get the deal? I have a 2TB S, should get $150 from that.

RedRum

Banned
Man not even $200 for the S

My OG bone got me $200 towards the S if I remember on a promo

Yup. The S was extremely cheap for me. I guess I'm getting back something at least. *sigh* I might be able to hit $200 with a few game trade-ins as well, but only $150 for an S is robbery, lol.

BradWardFight

Neo Member
I am still some what skeptical on how well these games will run on Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro vs PC was hoping we'd get some type of performance or graphics comparison video

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yep, for me my X1X will get Xbox only console stuff anything else is still going on the Pro.
Same, unless multi-platform games are dramatically better on X1X. I'm not going to assume anything until I see it myself.

ViciousDS

Banned

EXACTLY!!!

When the Pro released we went from a solid console to just a minor bump/revision. While it was great, it wasn't needed as badly, you could still play horizon zero dawn in 1080p perfectly locked in at 30fps.

Some Xbox exclusives we've had to deal with some blurry ass looking quality because of 720p and other stuff.

FFXV while I wanted to badly play on my Xbox ended up being played on my Pro to completion because of how bad XV looks blown up on the big screen.

Now enters the X and we are guaranteed at LEAST 1080p with most titles much higher. I even sent it to my friend we finally got a fucking console we have deserved for a long time. No longer must I read a DF thread insanely disappointed about how shitty the Xbox version is.

I love my Pro

But all my friends game on the X and that's where I want the best experience

bumpkin

I'll predict lots available at release day. Releasing a limited edition version and having it sell out creates press.

And MS needs some positive press coverage.
It's anecdotal, but I didn't preorder the original XB1 and I was able to buy a Day One Edition from the MS Store website a few weeks post-release.

Top Bottom