• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Dabanton

Happy I got my pre-order in. Gotta say, if this neogaf pre-order thread is anything to go by it proves there is definitely interest in the X.

Of course. A lot of Gaf can sometimes be a bit too cynical especially for anything MS related.

I think there is a hunger for this machine. Once the marketing kicks off it's going to be crazy.

Klocker

I figure the trade in bonus has to be 150 for an OG. You can get 150 now for an OG if you trade it towards a switch.

Oh shit I may even give up Kinect for that with my OG

Got my amazon preorder in but if they are in GS Store on release day I'll go in and swap it.

RPGam3r

I like it on the console, not the controller. It being vertical makes it even worse. I don't know why they didn't design a special controller, especially when they love controller designs.

I like it on the console, but since I have two elites I will probably leave the controller in the box.

Glad I pre-ordered at eb in Australia back at e3 time, they upgraded it to the Scorpio edition as I was one of the first and had money down... Sounds like limited numbers.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
More pre orders will become available before November, for sure

A guy at my local GameStop said they were told by higher-ups to not take more than their allocation, period, because there would be no more (of the Project Scorpio edition).

sTiTcH AU

Glad I pre-ordered at eb in Australia back at e3 time, they upgraded it to the Scorpio edition as I was one of the first and had money down... Sounds like limited numbers.

Same here. Got a call from my store at 9am asking if i wanted to 'upgrade' to the scorpio edition.

Pretty much need to get in today for those who want one.

Hawk269

Most GameStop stores are getting less than a dozen each of the Project Scorpio version. I'd get in yours tomorrow if you're worried about it.

It varies. In my area, the manager said one store had 12, others 24 and one had 36. It just depends on the Store.

FredX72

Got one in-store at Gamestop. Guy in front of me asked about it, but decided against it when it was $100 down. Cashier said they were only getting 13 for the store, and it seemed like I was the first to get one. As I was leaving, some other guys came in asking about it too.

Klocker

A guy at my local GameStop said they were told by higher-ups to not take more than their allocation, period, because there would be no more (of the Project Scorpio edition).

Yea PScorpio sold out at all stores in my area E Valley Phoenix, in a few minutes.

But I am pretty damned sure there will be standard editions on release day.

it's only $100. Which is what they already give for trade ins on an X1

Ahh cool ok I'll keep Kinect then and may just hang onto it or give it to someone or sell for $100 cash if I don't trade but yea $100 is about all I was expecting.

Anyone hear any word on if Kinect adapters are being free for upgrades?

Amneisac

So I had $285 in GameStop credit. I wanted to make sure I got a PS edition, so I ordered on the website and used my credit, but that means i can't do the $150 trade-in on my One S which sucks.

katsais

Why would they stamp the console and controller with Project Scorpio?

Shit looks terrible

I think it looks good. The font is actually nice as hell too. It's subllime, yet apparent. I got a second XBX SE from Best Buy for the wife as well. Faack! Wallet hurts...I just hope the UI is improved by launch date.

ryan299

Meh only getting $100 from gs for my 1tb og. I've been iffy on the system but was hoping for a better trade offer and I'd get it. Not really a market for the fat ones anymore.

Can still pre order the scorpio edition for home delivery from best buy
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/micros...ion-1tb-console-black/5919711.p?skuId=5919711

I pre ordered one but will 99.99% likely cancel before it ships, just need to hear more about the enhancements and stuff but right now I don't really hear anything that makes me feel like upgrading from the S to the X, and the gamestop trade deal seems super weak - $150 for my one S if I trade towards an X.

Can still pre order the scorpio edition for home delivery from best buy
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/micros...ion-1tb-console-black/5919711.p?skuId=5919711

I pre ordered one but will 99.99% likely cancel before it ships, just need to hear more about the enhancements and stuff but right now I don't really hear anything that makes me feel like upgrading from the S to the X, and the gamestop trade deal seems super weak - $150 for my one S if I trade towards an X.

I can still select pick up from store. I wonder if they'll have a better deal of at least match GS on the trade deal. They have to make something off it though and new bundles are pretty cheap as is.

New hardware is always exciting, Microsoft has put a lot of thought into the internal design of the machine along with patches unlike cough Sony cough.

My friend pre-ordered so ill be playing at his house lol

Based on the selling trend I think the Scorpio will obliterate the pro. By selling trend I mean how quickly it sold out in Amazon. I recall the pro always being available.

Only 100 for OG X1 at gamestop might actually convince me to keep my amazon preorder and finally convert all my gamestop credit and finally be done with their eco system

MrBenchmark

IF you have a 4K tv it's a no brainer. 4K movies and games.

I was using mine for 4k movies but the software player is fubar currently in the alpha preview all the blacks look brown pop in reg bluray blacks are perfect. I bought a standalone 4k player and its glorious. I hope they fix it before this alpha gets released ive sent so many reports.

I'm super hyped though now wanting a newer 4k tv still have my 2014 vizio p series but i want adaptive vsync

Based on the selling trend I think the Scorpio will obliterate the pro. By selling trend I mean how quickly it sold out in Amazon. I recall the pro always being available.

Isn't this just the Scorpio edition?
Sounds like stock is limited, I'm sure there will be tonnes of standard Xs up for grabs.

Tarrin

I think this is because it's a limited edition console. Those always sell out.

Also when the Pro came out, at least up here in Canada, it was sold out for a month. Scalpers sold them for 700 bucks.

Top Bottom