• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

DeaDPo0L84

Based on the selling trend I think the Scorpio will obliterate the pro. By selling trend I mean how quickly it sold out in Amazon. I recall the pro always being available.

Amazon isnt a good metric to try and guess sales. Pre orders are free with no risk and scalpers take advantage of that any time a limited edition gaming product goes up. Check eBay for proof.

I'm hoping Microsoft releases this in more colors next year. I experimented with some different color schemes. I'd love to see a teal color.

WuX5gL5.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm hoping Microsoft releases this in more colors next year. I experimented with some different color schemes. I'd love to see a teal color.

WuX5gL5.jpg

I really like that blue

But teal kind of already matches my ocean shadow controller. Nah, we need an aqua color now lol

The color schemes they have been doing are fucking awesome looking

Dabanton

Based on the selling trend I think the Scorpio will obliterate the pro. By selling trend I mean how quickly it sold out in Amazon. I recall the pro always being available.

Well Sony apparently did a 'soft launch' of the PS4 Pro if you listen to some of the reasons on here.

I think MS is going to hammer the marketing hard.

katsais

Nah. Remember that the PS4 Pro didnt have a "limited edition" version, like the XBX does....factor in the regular editions in the following waves of pre-orders, and the initial sell-out doesnt mean anything.

Norse

Drove down to GameStop and got my preorder in. Will have to decide what I'm going to do with the 2TB S I currently have.

That isn't a 'trend' it's basing an estimate on something that is unquantifiable. Just wait until we actually have at least a modicum of information before saying things like this.

That isn't a 'trend' it's basing an estimate on something that is unquantifiable. Just wait until we actually have at least a modicum of information before saying things like this.

NahI think it's fairly safe to say this is going to obliterate the Pro. And not just cause of the Amazon sell out speed.

The X is just way more appealing than the Pro as a piece of hardware. I don't think anyone can really argue against that with a straight face.

Soi-Fong

I have to be honest, one of the reasons I bought an Xbox One X is in the hopes that MS gets in on VR as well. I'm half expecting them to either use the Rift or come up with their own headset.

Either way, XB1X is plenty powerful enough to really power some pretty hefty VR games.

If not.. Well, at least I'll have a console good for Anthem. lol

NahI think it's fairly safe to say this is going to obliterate the Pro. And not just cause of the Amazon sell out speed.

The X is just way more appealing than the Pro as a piece of hardware. I don't think anyone can really argue against that with a straight face.
While that maybe true the price tag may put off people. 500 for a upgrade maybe a lot to lot of customers.

Soi-Fong

Uhh... Are we forgetting that MS' lineup is in all honesty, just a piece of shit compared to Sony's...?

Power doesn't mean anything when you don't have exclusive games taking advantage of it.

Uhh... Are we forgetting that MS' lineup is in all honesty, just a piece of shit compared to Sony's...?

Power doesn't mean anything when you don't have exclusive games taking advantage of it.

Eh I'm pretty sure third party games, Forza 7, and previously released exclusives will take advantage of the power just fine.

Not every person buying the X will have already had an Xbox One so all the old exclusives are new to them. For people who are upgrading they want to see the old games with enhanced performance. Lastly, most people only care about third party games anyway.

Klocker

Hey thanks for stopping by

Oh and yes we got our pre orders in thanks for asking

BriGuy

I couldn't read this post with a straight face for whatever that's worth.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
PS4 Pro was a moderate upgrade three years after launch. The 1X is a more significant upgrade four years after launch with better marketing/more hype. Those factors might make it an easier pill to swallow when you consider that, at the end of the day, it's still the same platform.

Regardless, pre-order anecdotes mean nothing anymore when you consider how many people place orders at 2-3 retailers as a back up.

spannicus

Good for you. Many others like myself are hoping MS gets their act together and actually try to compete with their first party offerings. And no, I'm not talking about Halo, Gears or Forza.
Ive been a fan of xbox for years and im still hanging in there. Sorry you feel bad lol

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Is this a problem because you want to pick it up in store or because you have reasons for not wanting to order online?

Because if it's the former you can pre-order and pick up in store. That's what I did.

Well, JB will only deliver.

But more so, I can get staff price buying it in store.

loki0wn

Good for you. Many others like myself are hoping MS gets their act together and actually try to compete with their first party offerings. And no, I'm not talking about Halo, Gears or Forza.

Cool sorry, bro. Why are you posting in the preorder thread, again?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

So suddenly the best versions of multiplats mean nothing anymore?

Funny, they carried Sony for the first 2 years or more.

Soi-Fong

Ive been a fan of xbox for years and im still hanging in there. Sorry you feel bad lol

Well, I'm finally getting in with MS again after skipping the OG XB1 and the S. :D I'm praying for Splinter Cell. That would be killer.

Cool sorry, bro. Why are you posting in the preorder thread, again?

Because, like everyone here, I pre-ordered one on Amazon and sat through that horrendous shitshow at Gamescom.

That, once again, is quantifiable.

X is appealing, yes but it's appealing to us. If you have neither console, Microsoft still aren't giving enough reasons to choose this over other hardware on the market. They've dropped the ball on first party content thus far and for any kind of 'obliteration' that is needed.

Do you legitimately believe that accounts for their sales lead?

Sony has such a huge lead this gen, the only thing that will let MS catch up is a generation reset. This X is more for those MS fans that have stuck with Xbox this gen even through the PS4's capability and library of games has totally outclassed it.

New002

Man, only $150 from the One S when traded towards the Scorpio :(

I got $150 for my OG Xbox One just a few months ago at GS.

Top Bottom