• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

SirTerry-T

Here is the website for "principal character artist"

I don't think she's ever drawn a man, so it could def be a female protagonist...and again, Perfect Dark seems most likely, so it lines up.

And that sounds cool to me. I'm just hoping for some awesome near-future tech and maybe a badass stealth outfit and mask.
Sze Jones is a fantastic character artist with years of experience under her belt. She does tend to concentrate on female characters though, or at least she does with her personal work that's available to see in 3d sites. She's great with hair and material creation too, she definitely knows her stuff and is justifiably well regarded in the game dev field.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I hope not, im not into gimmicks. I'll try it out when I get my Ps5 but most likely will turn it off after. Consoles ain't out, this seems more like a honeymoon phase with it atm.

Considering how bad battery life is on ds4, imagine the dualsense with all those features on.

Hmm I'm not sure bud, it seems alot better recieved than say the touch pad was last gen. I think its conformed the battery is bigger in the new controller as well. I'd be cautiously optimistic. 😊

Night.Ninja

Banned

That's way to far, if the early reception is good I can see Microsoft having to do something. It's the natural evolution of a controller.

I think the crucial time has past already. In terms of adoption and consistent use of features by third parties it needed to be in each and every standard controller. So next generation is when we'll see any significant changes along these lines. They could try something mid gen refresh time maybe?

It's the start on a new console generation how could the time of passed 😄

I see no reason for MS to put any gimmicks in the controller. They didn’t copy the six axis. The touchpad was a glorified menu button. The lightbar did nothing outside of VR.

I’d love to be wrong but I doubt the dual sense gets used to any great degree after the first year

I hope not, im not into gimmicks. I'll try it out when I get my Ps5 but most likely will turn it off after. Consoles ain't out, this seems more like a honeymoon phase with it atm.

Considering how bad battery life is on ds4, imagine the dualsense with all those features on.

The haptic feedback is a lot different to the 6 asix and touchpad. I actually like the touch pad it was a pretty decent menu button lol

I guess we just have to wait and see.

GAME UK contacted me today saying I will be allowed to pay in full my pre order tomorrow- Wednesday, stores will be closed from the Thursday 5th and then will be allowed to open 10th to pick it up.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Before I forget whats everyone doing for storage, I'm definitely not using my current HDD and I would feel like an idiot if I bought that 1TB expansion card.

can you share the video?

Sadly this guy is running a REALLY old Elgato so he only gets 1080p streamed for all his games (a main reason I haven't been sharing them here), but as I said this game should almost certainly hit 4k/60 on Series X

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VCL

Sadly this guy is running a REALLY old Elgato so he only gets 1080p streamed for all his games (a main reason I haven't been sharing them here), but as I said this game should almost certainly hit 4k/60 on Series X

That’s the one. @Hix, you work fast.

Before we get to excited about fast travel load times, perhaps the speed displayed in the video is partially due to the fact the he’s early on in the game and only did some short hops across the map. Would love to see the speeds when going from one far side of the world to the other.

And yeah....I’ll be waiting for the specific X Series patch before I delve back into this again.

As next gen approaches I’m starting to get a good feel about how I’m going to approach it. XSX is likely to be my main machine... for Xbox exclusives, Multiplats, and Backwards Compatibility. I will get a PS5 down the road for the notable Sony exclusive titles.

VCL

nice

when will the enhanced patch arrive?

Last edited:
nice

when will the enhanced patch arrive?

It's not been confirmed by CDPR yet, all they've said (in September) is that it will have Ray Tracing, be optimised for next gen SSDs and will be a free upgrade if you already own the game.

With Cyberpunk 2077 being pushed to December, I'd imagine early 2021 for TW3 next gen patch. Worth the wait, even if the BC version should be impressive on Series X.

Reactions: VCL

DrDamn

It's the start on a new console generation how could the time of passed 😄

That's the point, they've announced and shown the new XSX|S controller. It doesn't add those features. They can't add them before launch and the can't add them in 6 months time as it would just piss of early adopters and still not be the controller the majority of the user base has already. The time to introduce this stuff is not and they haven't.

kkowfcE.gif

Jboemios

Banned

I don't think she's ever drawn a man, so it could def be a female protagonist...and again, Perfect Dark seems most likely, so it lines up.

And that sounds cool to me. I'm just hoping for some awesome near-future tech and maybe a badass stealth outfit and mask.
Well, at least Johanna will be sexy

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Good catch from Rbk_3 Rbk_3

Trying to get mine in for repair/replacement but the website dies every time I go to submit. Classic.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Good catch from Rbk_3 Rbk_3

Trying to get mine in for repair/replacement but the website dies every time I go to submit. Classic.

That’s really nice. Hopefully they start working out whatever’s wrong, but that gives me a lot more faith in buying one

pasterpl

FYI; Just spoke with Microsoft uk and they have said that my payment method will be charged 7 days before release date, so if your card wasn’t charged yet there is nothing to be worried about.

Hmm, it seems I've been banned from that one "PS5 has RDNA3 tech inside!" thread.

Anyways, does anyone know when the XSX/XSS embargo is being lifted?

Elias

Wew lad, she's done some good work.

Andodalf

Banned
Is that some sort of joke? That's part of the round base. That's never going to be the forced disc eject, that would be madness.

It’s just a hole through the base, into the bottom of the unit right where the disk drive is.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Thought way of the berserker was a preorder bonus mission.

Also.

>Impulse Triggers

Most pre order bonuses are given in day one editions of physical games. It’s a way easier way to get the content to pre order customers, and incentiveizes physical copies later on if they’re still around

AC:V first 15 mins on Series X? Supposedly?

Not sure if it's genuinely on Series X, but it's definitely 60fps

Reminder: next gen patch isn't until launch, so if anything this is in BC mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom