• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

lDC1zUw.png

Since we know Turn10 are actively working with Playground Games on Fable, it now seems likely (from the above job listing) they are using the ForzaTech engine - which would be incredible

BlueHawk357

(UKGAF) Lockdown Part 2: Pre-orderloo

So, now we know about the next generation of Lockdown, how do we feel about getting our consoles on launch day?

Order online? Think there may be delays due to "essentials" taking priority, like 50 packs of toilet rolls that boomer just ordered.

In store? I have some bad news for you son. Unless Game/etc start stocking fruit+Veg they will be closed.

So, where did you order from, and how are you feeling mate?

So, now we know about the next generation of Lockdown, how do we feel about getting our consoles on launch day?

Order online? Think there may be delays due to "essentials" taking priority, like 50 packs of toilet rolls that boomer just ordered.

In store? I have some bad news for you son. Unless Game/etc start stocking fruit+Veg they will be closed.

Honestly have no idea.

I pre-ordered with Argos only because the MS Store, ShopTo, Smiths and Amazon saw their Series X stock evaporate in seconds. Kind of a last resort choice, which is basically how people view Argos anyway.

If there's expected delays I imagine some places will ship a day or so early.

Wasn't feeling anxious until just now when I started thinking about it. Thanks.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

i've got both my Series X + PS5 from Amazon. haven't been charged yet.

honestly i'm in no rush to get them. if they arrive a bit late then it's fine. i can wait to play Watch Dogs + Demons Souls lol. if Cyberpunk was still coming out 19th November i'd be pissed.

I wonder what titles of RT there? Watchdogs?

Maybe a surprise here

Almost certainly going to be showing WD for the RT, he's said before on a livestream that he'd show off Destiny 2 too.

Could be some surprises there and I think people will be, in general, surprised at how capable Series S is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andodalf

Banned
Almost certainly going to be showing WD for the RT, he's said before on a livestream that he'd show off Destiny 2 too.

Could be some surprises there and I think people will be, in general, surprised at how capable Series S is.

What if we see a Minecraft RT update as a lunch surprise?

DrDamn

I wonder what titles of RT there? Watchdogs?

Maybe a surprise here

Hasn't someone ... Jez Cordon? ... said RT is not in the version they have of WD's currently? The video Ubi released recently is not the same demo/review copy they have.

Yep...

Though he says the patch is expected by launch day.

Elias

So DF has been hunting at their Series X Gears 5 video for awhile now... wonder what's taking them so long to release it since the embargo on that game was up a while ago.

Rossco EZ

So DF has been hunting at their Series X Gears 5 video for awhile now... wonder what's taking them so long to release it since the embargo on that game was up a while ago.
there’s probably a lot they are doing with having both consoles now, i think videos will come thick and fast soon.

Looks like I won’t be able to get mine day one due to the new lockdown in England, it was a in store deposit so maybe December.

To be honest with all the stuff being said about these machines I can’t work out what’s true and what isn’t lately , things being said about multi platform comparisons, dev kits, all this shit and I stopped using twitter as the trolling has got a bit out of line, borderline narcissistic with some.

I usually own all of them any way in time but with what’s going on my enthusiasm isn’t there right now.

SenkiDala

In France most of shops that sells books / CDs / movies / games, etc deployed a "click & collect" process, for exemple if you ordered your XSS|X in a video game shop the shop will remain close but will accept customers to pick up their orders with a "no contact" process and stuff. Also shop that sells computer stuff (PCs, Mac, keyboards, mouse, printers, etc) remains open, as it is necessary materials for remote workers.

EDIT : France is also on lockdown from the 30th of October to at least 1st December.

Last edited:

BlueHawk357

In France most of shops that sells books / CDs / movies / games, etc deployed a "click & collect" process, for exemple if you ordered your XSS|X in a video game shop the shop will remain close but will accept customers to pick up their orders with a "no contact" process and stuff. Also shop that sells computer stuff (PCs, Mac, keyboards, mouse, printers, etc) remains open, as it is necessary materials for remote workers.

EDIT : France is also on lockdown from the 30th of October to at least 1st December.
Oh, I heard Game are doing this too now, so that's good news. 😁

DrDamn

How long do you think until Microsoft come out with a controller similar to the PS5?

It's the only let down at the moment for Xbox

I think the crucial time has past already. In terms of adoption and consistent use of features by third parties it needed to be in each and every standard controller. So next generation is when we'll see any significant changes along these lines. They could try something mid gen refresh time maybe?

Andodalf

Banned
I see no reason for MS to put any gimmicks in the controller. They didn’t copy the six axis. The touchpad was a glorified menu button. The lightbar did nothing outside of VR.

I’d love to be wrong but I doubt the dual sense gets used to any great degree after the first year

Concern

How long do you think until Microsoft come out with a controller similar to the PS5?

It's the only let down at the moment for Xbox

I hope not, im not into gimmicks. I'll try it out when I get my Ps5 but most likely will turn it off after. Consoles ain't out, this seems more like a honeymoon phase with it atm.

Considering how bad battery life is on ds4, imagine the dualsense with all those features on.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Not sure how accurate that number is, but they've got some serious talent in there.

Err1kRA.png

dPmG35p.png

dh0yjgk.png

Here is the website for "principal character artist"

I don't think she's ever drawn a man, so it could def be a female protagonist...and again, Perfect Dark seems most likely, so it lines up.

And that sounds cool to me. I'm just hoping for some awesome near-future tech and maybe a badass stealth outfit and mask.

DrDamn

I hope not, im not into gimmicks. I'll try it out when I get my Ps5 but most likely will turn it off after. Consoles ain't out, this seems more like a honeymoon phase with it atm.

Considering how bad battery life is on ds4, imagine the dualsense with all those features on.

Dual Sense has 50% more battery capacity compared to DS4 and using Voice Coil Actuators (LRA) over regular rumble (ERM) should be more power efficient - "Up to 2x more force and 50% less power" - ref: https://www.ti.com/lit/ml/sszb151/sszb151.pdf

Top Bottom