• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Flintty

I keep forgetting it exists. It’s hard to remember to claim some strange game, in some strange ownership scheme, when GamePass is right there and stellar.

Edit: Lego Indy and Full Spectrum Warrior for next month is at least kind of cool. Might check out the first.

Oh nice, I used to love Full Spectrum Warrior! It’ll be interesting to see how it holds up.

Man, Games with Gold has just been a sad state of affairs for two years now. I understand they’re pushing Gold only subs towards Gamepass Ultimate with the price hike but as someone who subs to PS+ and Game Pass Ultimate the Games with Gold selection either needs to improve or they should just drop it.

Im switching to xbox next gen. I've bought gamepass ultimate 3 months ago in anticipation (and played ori on my PC).

I've had a look on GwG and yes I agree, they are pretty dissapointing. PS+ has been much better.

Obviously MS want to focus on gamepass (and that is what won me over)..... But it really sounds like the need to drop XBL or heavily discount it. I heard that they dropped 12 month subs some time ago, so it sounds like they could be potentially winding it down.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Im switching to xbox next gen. I've bought gamepass ultimate 3 months ago in anticipation (and played ori on my PC).

I've had a look on GwG and yes I agree, they are pretty dissapointing. PS+ has been much better.

Obviously MS want to focus on gamepass (and that is what won me over)..... But it really sounds like the need to drop XBL or heavily discount it. I heard that they dropped 12 month subs some time ago, so it sounds like they could be potentially winding it down.
Dropping the 12 month subs was essentially a way of increasing the price to make people think “for just a few dollars more I could get Game Pass Ultimate”. They’ll drop Gold eventually but they want to convert their existing Gold subs to Game Pass Ultimate first. I’m indifferent as I already sub to GPU but it would be frustrating for someone who isn’t interested in Game Pass but still wants to play online.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Probably already posted, but just in case:

I feel kind of crazy for saying this, with what kind of a console the Series X is, and what kind of a game Tetris is, but imo, as someone who has never played the old version of this, this is actually one of the cooler launch games.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I feel kind of crazy for saying this, with what kind of a console the Series X is, and what kind of a game Tetris is, but imo, as someone who has never played the old version of this, this is actually one of the cooler launch games.

Whoa, that looks amazingly trippy. I hadn't heard of this until just now but I think I'm going to pick it up at launch.

reksveks

Hoping that we get some new tracks as well

splattered

If the series x is basically silent does that mean they could upclock things to sacrifice some noise? I really wouldn't mind the system being as loud as the One X is right now if they could safe etch more power out of it.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Idk how much I’d trust Ubisoft PR. They’ve put out two messages about PS5 res that they’ve renounced so far, and this might end up being the third. 😋

We’re so close to release. Best to just wait for the real comparisons.

Idk how much I’d trust Ubisoft PR. They’ve put out two messages about PS5 res that they’ve renounced so far, and this might end up being the third. 😋

We’re so close to release. Best to just wait for the real comparisons.

I think I agree, I'm just posting all the stuff from the day so far. I said on the thread I'm certain XsX will have parity, as I believe devs will ignore it's graphical overhead to avoid negative publicity etc anyway

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Yeah, I dunno if that really seals the deal though, could still be upscaled on XsX

I find it odd they used the word upscaled at all. To me that implies its a fixed resolution and then upscaled but I would be shocked if its not a dynamic rez.

Is he hinting at the xsx being the quieter one? Why else bring up all of them to not directly compare them.

Honestly I I'd be disappointed with the size of the Ps5, the thing better be whisper quiet.

Yep, given that it’s size is quite likely an effort to keep things cool and quiet....it would be fairly inexcusable if PS5 was noisier (or hotter) than it’s more compact competitor.

Elias

I think I agree, I'm just posting all the stuff from the day so far. I said on the thread I'm certain XsX will have parity, as I believe devs will ignore it's graphical overhead to avoid negative publicity etc anyway
They won't do this. No game dev is going to leave easily accessible performance on the table... because console warriors online wouldn't like it. As we saw was the case with games like RDR2. And what would be the point of these consoles being different if parity was forced.

Is he hinting at the xsx being the quieter one? Why else bring up all of them to not directly compare them.

Honestly I I'd be disappointed with the size of the Ps5, the thing better be whisper quiet.

That seems to be the speculation, why even mention it?

That said, I imagine that it'll also be whisper quiet, if perhaps marginally louder than XsX.

ZywyPL

Banned

Well that has been known for a while, wasn't it? It was stated quite some time ago that XSX features full set of DX12U features, and so will the upcoming RDNA2 cards, so 1+1=2, we really didn't have to wait for AMD's presentation. And it was also already stated there's a customization on the CUs, that allows them to compute INT4 and INT8, in order tu utilize DirectML, that's the custom part, if there's something more? Nobody knows, but given how open MS is recently, I don't think they're hiding anything more.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Well that has been known for a while, wasn't it? It was stated quite some time ago that XSX features full set of DX12U features, and so will the upcoming RDNA2 cards, so 1+1=2, we really didn't have to wait for AMD's presentation. And it was also already stated there's a customization on the CUs, that allows them to compute INT4 and INT8, in order tu utilize DirectML, that's the custom part, if there's something more? Nobody knows, but given how open MS is recently, I don't think they're hiding anything more.

It was being pushed around because the CUs is series X appear to be different than what the CUs in an RDNA2 card, series X wasn't RDNA2. But it's now more clear that supporting RDNA2 means it supports the suite of features like VRS and such.

Least that was my take.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Just got this email from the Microsoft Store

"A quick note before your Xbox Series X|S ships"

Soon.... :pie_sfwth:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

I didn't realize this was a Game Pass game. That's a pleasant surprise.

DrDamn

I didn't realize this was a Game Pass game. That's a pleasant surprise.

Same here, already have the game on PS and was watching to see if the MP stuff made it worth picking up on XBox, then realised and was similarly pleasantly surprised :). The SP is worth it by itself for anyone who hasn't played. It's the best Tetris game in years ... ever.

Top Bottom