• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

-Arcadia-

Banned
Honestly, the 'need' for headphones is the reason that I haven't played it yet. I am just holding off buying on some 'normal' looking and good sounding xbox compatible headphone. Also want bluetooth as well.

For what it’s worth, it’s awesome without headphones as well. I get wanting the coolest possible experience, but don’t get trapped in a loop where you don’t really want headphones, never pick them up, and never play the game.

Personally, I’m waiting until Series X comes out for a replay. Hoping Ninja Theory goes back and smashes all three visual modes (enhanced visuals, 60 FPS, and higher res) together. It already looks amazing, but that would be glorious.

TBiddy

Don’t sleep on this: PLAY IT WITH HEADPHONES. I don’t know your setup, but the game needs headphones. They don’t have to be great ones, but they add so much to the game. I dont think it would work even with a great surround sound setup.

I'm only sporting TV speakers, since regular speakers have a very low WAF. I have a headset somewhere, which it sounds like I need to dig out!

splattered

Hey all, sorry but unrelated... Can someone help me here... I've come from another thread, however as of 8:30am I no longer have sufficient privileges to join the thread conversation. Reason: My input is no longer required.

Have I been banned, I don't appear on the ban list. 🤷‍♂️

Feedback much appreciated.

Exact same thing happened to me in the same thread, I contacted a mod and he straight up ignored me. Ive been an active member if this site for forever now and this is nothing new unfortunately. They are basically removing most xbox fans from that thread unless a ps fan gets really out of control they might get a temp ban but everyone else is getting permabanned. They're creating a big Sony circle jerk in that thread so prob better for any sane people not to venture into anymore anyway.

TBiddy

Edit: I actually felt genuinely bad about the joke lol

Share with the group!

Exact same thing happened to me in the same thread, I contacted a mod and he straight up ignored me. Ive been an active member if this site for forever now and this is nothing new unfortunately. They are basically removing most xbox fans from that thread unless a ps fan gets really out of control they might get a temp ban but everyone else is getting permabanned. They're creating a big Sony circle jerk in that thread so prob better for any sane people not to venture into anymore anyway.

I don't think it's reasonable to call LiquidRex an Xbox fan.. also, I don't agree with your idea of it only being Xbox fans getting removed from that thread. The issue is that the worst offenders are still active in that thread.. but if the thread help keep their non-sense there, I suppose it's worth it.

splattered

Share with the group!

I don't think it's reasonable to call LiquidRex an Xbox fan.. also, I don't agree with your idea of it only being Xbox fans getting removed from that thread. The issue is that the worst offenders are still active in that thread.. but if the thread help keep their non-sense there, I suppose it's worth it.

Eh what I've seen over the last month or two seemed more like ps fans like Bo getting temp bans and then coming back, even repeatedly. And then other fans getting removed from the thread permanently. Has felt more like pro MS people getting permabanned while pro Sony people getting more warnings and multiple chances to chill out and come back. Maybe they are just swinging the hammer more broadly now I dunno

Night.Ninja

Banned
It all depend on the reports and what the mods think, if you upset the balance of the tread you are more than likely to get banned.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member

Does anyone know if it's possible that we'll ever see Ridge Racer 6 available on BC - there's no real cars or anything so there shouldn't be licence problems you'd think? :unsure:

Yes. It really depends on your milage, but it is not so much a game, but an experience.

I’m about halfway through it...and your description is of it is excellent. A better experience than it is a pure game.

And yes....HEADPHONES. Some of the whispering, jumping from ear to ear is very ASMR-like.

The main character is rendered amazingly well....except there is something weird about the mouth. Sort of reminds me of this....
1531402778-henry-cavill-superman-cgi-moustache-removal-moustachegate.jpg

LiquidRex

Eh what I've seen over the last month or two seemed more like ps fans like Bo getting temp bans and then coming back, even repeatedly. And then other fans getting removed from the thread permanently. Has felt more like pro MS people getting permabanned while pro Sony people getting more warnings and multiple chances to chill out and come back. Maybe they are just swinging the hammer more broadly now I dunno
I've seen Bo myself get banned then return, I don't understand how that all works... My final post before my ban was....

So what's the story today, has Sony revealed PS5 has RDNA 3 secret sauce. 😜

Less then an hour later I was no longer able to comment in the thread. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

splattered

I've seen Bo myself get banned then return, I don't understand how that all works... My final post before my ban was....

So what's the story today, has Sony revealed PS5 has RDNA 3 secret sauce. 😜

Less then an hour later I was no longer able to comment in the thread. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Really? You got banned for THAT? Wow...

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I've been reply banned in that thread since May lmao. No reason for why it was for that long. No response when I ask mods. Meanwhile bo_hazem got a slight slap on the wrist and was welcomed back like a war hero 😂.

I find other threads are more civil anyway so it might be a good thing to not be able to post there.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I thought GP was supposed to be unprofitable...

This is great news. I was fully expecting the price to go up and I'm willing to pay it once the 23 XGS games start dropping since I'd buy almost all of those games without Game Pass. Although I will probably still buy physical copies of Halo and any BGS RPGs - I love those too much not to own a physical copy.

reksveks

For what it’s worth, it’s awesome without headphones as well. I get wanting the coolest possible experience, but don’t get trapped in a loop where you don’t really want headphones, never pick them up, and never play the game.

Personally, I’m waiting until Series X comes out for a replay. Hoping Ninja Theory goes back and smashes all three visual modes (enhanced visuals, 60 FPS, and higher res) together. It already looks amazing, but that would be glorious.
Definitely will play the game one way, maybe on PC

Sweet, Xbox is a great place for playing indies games

Mr.ODST

Before I left Xbox I mainly bought digital games, still deciding if to order all my games digital or just do physical aswell ±_±

Choices

Looking to Purchase

- NBA 2K Next Gen
- FIFA 21
- Watch Dogs Legion
- Crash 4
- SW Squadrons
- Valhalla
- Black Ops Cold war
- Yakuza 7

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Damn you. I’ve had this joke in my back pocket, complete with the box art saved, just waiting for the right opportunity, forever.

Imagine a Warhawk style game based on Console Fanboyism that would be funny.

On a serious not though what new multiplayer experiences do you think Xbox will bring?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Imagine a Warhawk style game based on Console Fanboyism that would be funny.

On a serious not though what new multiplayer experiences do you think Xbox will bring?

I don’t know. PUBG and the Battle Royale revolution really took me by surprise. We always talk about nothing changing but visuals, but there was a totally different kind of experience, and for a long time it was magical. Open world, a hundred players, just a completely different kind of game.

This isn’t the most creative answer, but I’d like to see BRs expand even more. More players, even bigger worlds, more interactivity.

Roberts

Whats games is everyone buying for Series X?

I will buy Watch Dogs Legion and it will be my first WD game. I don't really have a problem with Ubi open world games - so far I found them to be from adequate to pretty great, and I think they get better at it with each year. Same goes for the new AC game and Immortals: Fenyx Rising.

I will definitely check out Medium, The Ascent (my most anticipated game) and Falconeer. Can't remember which ones will come out on GP and which ones I will have to buy.

I'm not really into the genre, but I find myself playing a puzzle walking simulators once a year or so. Something tells me Call of the Sea will be the one worthy of my time.

I'm pretty sure this will keep me occupied until the the new year or later.

In terms of paying full price for a game (I’ll be playing Gears 5 as my first XSX experience via GamePass), that will be Valhalla (unless reviews are unkind).

Just bought Jedi Fallen Order (on sale) since it runs so much better on the Black Power Tower - don’t know if it’s going to be “patched” though...I think as I understand it, it’s just brute-forced right now.

My game strategy for the XSX isn’t fully fleshed out right now, but I’m working on it. Look forward to seeing everyone’s plans....

Mr.ODST

I will buy Watch Dogs Legion and it will be my first WD game. I don't really have a problem with Ubi open world games - so far I found them to be from adequate to pretty great, and I think they get better at it with each year. Same goes for the new AC game and Immortals: Fenyx Rising.

I will definitely check out Medium, The Ascent (my most anticipated game) and Falconeer. Can't remember which ones will come out on GP and which ones I will have to buy.

I'm not really into the genre, but I find myself playing a puzzle walking simulators once a year or so. Something tells me Call of the Sea will be the one worthy of my time.

I'm pretty sure this will keep me occupied until the the new year or later.

Just preordered Yakuza, COD, FIFA, 2K, Watch Dogs, Valhalla so it should keep me busy for a while 😅

reksveks

Falconeer, Yakuza, Possibly AC, Call of the Sea, 12 Minutes, Tetris Effect*, I think I am missing another indie.

* I have bought Tetris Effect 3 times already and might do a 4th buy, only game that I have made bought more times is Rome Total War.

Flintty

I haven’t been on the X1X for a while. I just had a look around the store and noticed the OS and store update. Jesus Christ it’s so much better - quick and snappy! Why has it taken this long to get this good?

-Arcadia-

Banned
I haven’t been on the X1X for a while. I just had a look around the store and noticed the OS and store update. Jesus Christ it’s so much better - quick and snappy! Why has it taken this long to get this good?

I really like what they’ve done. It isn’t revolutionary or anything, but just a ton of common sense tweaks that make the whole thing so much more pleasant to use.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Man, Games with Gold has just been a sad state of affairs for two years now. I understand they’re pushing Gold only subs towards Gamepass Ultimate with the price hike but as someone who subs to PS+ and Game Pass Ultimate the Games with Gold selection either needs to improve or they should just drop it.

I keep forgetting it exists. It’s hard to remember to claim some strange game, in some strange ownership scheme, when GamePass is right there and stellar.

Edit: Lego Indy and Full Spectrum Warrior for next month is at least kind of cool. Might check out the first.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Man, Games with Gold has just been a sad state of affairs for two years now. I understand they’re pushing Gold only subs towards Gamepass Ultimate with the price hike but as someone who subs to PS+ and Game Pass Ultimate the Games with Gold selection either needs to improve or they should just drop it.

At the very least stop with 4 games and give us just 1 great game. 4 games of low quality dont out weigh one good game.

Top Bottom