• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenkiDala

I'd really like them to drop the "One" brand but I doubt it, it would be confusing for the consumer and their "even with the Scorpio all the games will be released on the Xbox One" talks.

Anyway, let's play the game:

Xbox S
Xbox XS (excess...)
Super Xbox (doubt it)

Well in fact I have no idea. :D

Damon

Maybe this is the E3 where I'll get back into gaming.

Got my One S in September mainly for Battlefield and they're both collecting dust under my bed.

Lady Gaia

I'm guessing something simple like Xbox One +

That one of the beauties of "prime" as a suffix. It already has a symbolic shorthand like "plus":

Xbox One'

The potential downside is that it's so subtle you'd probably have to play it up typographicallly when you don't stick with the full name Xbox One Prime. It's a good fit in a lot of ways, not least of which is the automatic connotation of premium-ness. It also benefits from the fact that Amazon has established Prime so strongly in consumer vocabulary. Last but probably least, it opens the way for an unending series of Latin ordinals for successors:

Xbox One Secunde or Xbox One'' doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but at least it's an option rather than stringing together even more modifiers (Xbox One Super Ultra Mega, anyone?)

Fredrik

Xbox One X (Because it would be XBOX in short)

Xbox 10 (related to Windows 10)

Xbox 2017 (Simply this years model)

Xbox 6 (Just numbered, if I'm counting correctly, 1.Xbox, 2.Xbox360, 3.Xbox360 Slim, 4.XB1, 5.XB1S, 6. Scorpio or Xbox 6)

Xbox Two (To put some weight on the end of generations idea, which they can say started with Xbox One)

belvedere

Junior Butler
I like the Scorpio name and logo's we've seen but if there's a gaudy scorpion anywhere to be found on the console it will be hidden in the back of my audio tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom