• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Reveal Thread: Durango Unchained

I'm watching the reveal again, and I just realized I overlooked the port on the left size of the console. What is it for ? It looks like it's meant to have something big plugged in, and it's not the power brick since there's a power connector in the back.
Could it be for the rumored mini-360 ?

Probably. Patcher did say that anyone that buys a mini is stupid. But still I don't see how it should be a problem to get one down the road, the 360 library is astounding.

stktt

Banned
This has probably already been answered, but is the One boxart used by Amazon a placeholder? Every game is using the same template.

Duo014

Hey, will we now get achievements for watching t.v?
I was thinking, it would be interesting for ms to make achievements of watching for example the firstepisode of game of thrones... Etc..

It would be a great moneymaker for them and some achievementwhores will bite.

I for one am not interested, but it was just an idea

Biker19

Banned
Next-gen.

I did not like the reveal at all. Too much "media buzz words", too many non-gaming products, too much focus on these partnerships that lead to one month dlc exclusivity, "15 exclusives in its first year" is a nice number if split one game a month, but you need quite a few exclusives at launch to divert people from, buying a PS4.

Sony was more open about showing what architecture is present in the box, and showcased the features far better. Microsoft was all about "LOOK! SPIELBERG!"

Fuck off, Spielberg. This was a console reveal, not a TV Show reveal. We all know that they are saving a lot for E3, but lack of live demo, lack of using the controller, the whole DVR and Kinect bullshit is just a turn off.

Also, the lack of changes to Xbox Live bring everything back to the way it was.

E3 better deliver for the big three because if this is an indication of where things are leading then I don't want to invest time and money into these mindless blokes.

I'm glad I didn't see that embarrassing conference. It's very clear that MS has gone off of the deep end & putting entertainment & features first, & games/gamers second. They had completely forgotten how people bought the Xbox & the Xbox 360 for: GAMES.

Razdek

Banned
That was a horrible unveiling but does anyone else think they're going to reshow the things they did at E3? I have a strong feeling that they are going to do a summary of the same things they showed regarding the interactive TV stuff and it's going to bomb hard again even if a lot of games are shown.

Why did they make such a big deal with Spielberg and the TV show. Does no one remember when they announed HALO:The Movie directed by Guillermo Del Toro and produced by Peter Jackson with a script by 28 days later scribe?? Remember the Halo Peter Jackson interactive game project that was supposed to come out for 360?? How about saving the announcement until you actually have real content to show that we know it's actually in production this time MS?

Q1ller

Banned
It's simple for me. Microsoft is the one always coming up with cool new concepts and ideas pushing the envelope, while Sony only tries to copy them after the fact (and poorly too). I have owned both current gen systems and it will be the Xbox One all the way again this time around... hands down.

It's simple for me. Microsoft is the one always coming up with cool new concepts and ideas pushing the envelope, while Sony only tries to copy them after the fact (and poorly too). I have owned both current gen systems and it will be the Xbox One all the way again this time around... hands down.

The only thing I can think of that is a copy is trophies

Sydle

NaughtyDog is excellent at innovating on tried and true gameplay. I'll take one of their "copies" any day.

Crazy-J

Banned
8797026232_25a9b888be.jpg

SkareKro

If there's one thing I hope MS shows off is some platformers. I've been gaming since the Atari, and im a sucker for mascot platformers. Genesis and Snes had the best. It sucks that the genre has kind of died off.

bh7812

Banned
The last bump for this thread wasn't too many hours ago, so ill quickly write my general thoughts in the reveal. I plan to write something a bit more in-depth after the E3 mine field has disappeared. Im hoping that will be a VERY interesting write-up and will hopefully be recieved okay. I very much think these next 2 weeks are gonna be a nightmare posting wise so just (mostly) reading posts is a better option I think.

-the reaction of the "hardcores" was even worse than I already feared it'd be. I knew it would not be received well, but the Internet wide reactions surpassed what I'd been expecting.

-There was nothing that jumped out to me and said "Hell yeahhhhhh gotta have one of these now!!!" I'm actually thankful for that. I'm still unhappy with them for the rrod fiasco so as of now ill wait till after the holidays to get an X1. PS4 at launch though, just afraid to see the price for it.

-I totally understood personally where they're coming from with the foundation for the system and what they wanna achieve. We will discuss this point in more detail next month, again it's already a blood bath so I'd rather wait till the other side of E3 to go more in depth.

-The actual box itself shocked me and not at all what I expected it was gonna look like. More so it's large size. Controller was 100 percent what I was expecting.

-Not one bit shocked that some of the "controversial" rumored DRM and online decisions have indeed happened.

-E3 is.....probably going to be a very very interesting and very turbulent reaction wise. All I can say there.

All in all, probably will wait till after Christmas to get an X1 and that's best case scenario. Not shocked or upset by what I saw yesterday. Just expected.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why did they make such a big deal with Spielberg and the TV show. Does no one remember when they announed HALO:The Movie directed by Guillermo Del Toro and produced by Peter Jackson with a script by 28 days later scribe?? Remember the Halo Peter Jackson interactive game project that was supposed to come out for 360?? How about saving the announcement until you actually have real content to show that we know it's actually in production this time MS?
I thought that was only rumoured, not announced formally, ever. It never got to the point of a huge announcement.

This is pretty much what everyone has wanted that never bore fruit in the past: an inked partnership and project that's actually announced rather than hearing about 20 different scripts for the Halo movie being rejected.

statham

The last bump for this thread wasn't too many hours ago, so ill quickly write my general thoughts in the reveal. I plan to write something a bit more in-depth after the E3 mine field has disappeared. Im hoping that will be a VERY interesting write-up and will hopefully be recieved okay. I very much think these next 2 weeks are gonna be a nightmare posting wise so just (mostly) reading posts is a better option I think.

-the reaction of the "hardcores" was even worse than I already feared it'd be. I knew it would not be received well, but the Internet wide reactions surpassed what I'd been expecting.

-There was nothing that jumped out to me and said "Hell yeahhhhhh gotta have one of these now!!!" I'm actually thankful for that. I'm still unhappy with them for the rrod fiasco so as of now ill wait till after the holidays to get an X1. PS4 at launch though, just afraid to see the price for it.

-I totally understood personally where they're coming from with the foundation for the system and what they wanna achieve. We will discuss this point in more detail next month, again it's already a blood bath so I'd rather wait till the other side of E3 to go more in depth.

-The actual box itself shocked me and not at all what I expected it was gonna look like. More so it's large size. Controller was 100 percent what I was expecting.

-Not one bit shocked that some of the "controversial" rumored DRM and online decisions have indeed happened.

-E3 is.....probably going to be a very very interesting and very turbulent reaction wise. All I can say there.

All in all, probably will wait till after Christmas to get an X1 and that's best case scenario. Not shocked or upset by what I saw yesterday. Just expected.
just curious if you work for a magazine or website or something.

Tripolygon

Banned
Sony still has to show us the console design, their OS and revamped online.

They showed the OS and talked about it. Although it wasnt a live demo but clips of it while Cerny was talking.

• New Profile that uses real names
  • Game Screen that has info on number of friends who own it, Trophies, News feed, add ons and videos
  • Share button menu that lets you stream, take screenshot and clips
  • Streaming UI on PS4 and Phone
  • Tablet UI
    They did not talk about the media interface.

In contrast Microsoft did a live demo but of TV features.
  • Home Screen which you can pin stuff to
  • Games
  • TV/Movies that lets you watch movies
  • TV Guide/ Trending that give you suggestions of popular TV
  • Music
  • Snap Mode that lets you put apps side by side
  • SKype which allows you to take calls while doing other stuff

The difference is Sony focused on the gaming interface and social features and was not a live demo so it was faster to talk about while Microsoft focused on the media side of the interface but was a live demo and was slower, repetitive and dramatic.

UrbanRats

Sony still has to show us the console design, their OS and revamped online.

Yeah uh.. those things, especially the console design, are not nearly as important as the line up.
Well, minus the Online i guess.

I hope Sony will just show us more games and some gameplay (like KZ Shadowfall).

E3 has never been more important to Microsoft.

Considering Microsoft has always come in as the underdog against Sony in each and every single E3, particularly when they are launching a new console, I don't see their task this time being any tougher than previous E3s.

Computer

They showed the OS and talked about it. Although it wasnt a live demo but clips of it while Cerny was talking.

• Game Screen that has info on number of friends who own it, Trophies, News feed, add ons and videos
  • Tablet UI

• Games
  • Music

The difference is Sony focused on the gaming interface and social features and was not a live demo so it was faster to talk about while Microsoft focused on the media side of the interface but was a live demo and was slower, repetitive and dramatic.
This OS looks terrible. Its as if they have random shit all over the screen. Ill take the Xbox OS any day over this.

This OS looks terrible. Its as if they have random shit all over the screen. Ill take the Xbox OS any day over this.

I definitely like the Xbox OS more, but I wouldn't go so far as to say this looks terrible. It just takes more time to understand at a glance than the more simple yet stylish design of the Xbox OS.

Ushae

Banned

• Tablet UI

• Games
  • Music

Sony interface (first impression of course) looks a little messy. MS had a much cleaner and organised look. I'm eager to see both in 1080p.

Spartaner

Banned

• Tablet UI

• Games
  • Music

metro looks way better imo

Alx

Sony interface (first impression of course) looks a little messy. MS had a much cleaner and organised look. I'm eager to see both in 1080p.

I agree. Sony could start improving its UI by toning down that blue background, it's really aggressive. Then adding more coherence in the general layout (the first image is a mess : it's a mix of images with different sizes, text, icons, numbers, progress bars... and why do you need such a big picture of yourself ?)

Top Bottom