• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S just got a price increase in Brazil

Disappointed Big Daddy GIF

Thief1987

How does this work? Why not do a straight up conversion between the currencies and adjust it every 6 months or so to counter changes in price? Is there perhaps some ridiculous import tax?
I think it's very high import tax in Brazil, iirc from what people said

Generic

It was already expensive, but now it's on par with PS5D price.

Some crazy shit indeed.
Yeah, Microsoft just killed the Xbox brand in Brazil. I know a lot of people who bought or were looking forward to buy a Series S but now nobody will care anymore.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Wtf is going on this generation? I get it is hard to cut costs right now but the market increases are everywhere and pretty significant. The whole pricing model seems to have been turned upside down

Darsxx82

CADE reaping the benefits of "increased competition."
???It can be artgumentated in the opposite direction. It would be precisely the opposite that would have damaged competition. Wasn't that precisely the argument to be against?? That the 2T dollars MS could reduce the price of its console below the competition while assembling an exclusive catalog that could not be answered?? :messenger_smirking:

The funny thing is that if the news had been a price reduction you would have also found the negative accent... :pie_kfwse:

PS.It's clear that MS has decided that it'd rather not sell the hardware at a loss than sell more units. We'll see if this is unique to Brazil or extends to wider markets.

Last edited:
Crazy, the S needs to start doing on price not going up. I guess this is some kind of mistake, or all prices will be going up, some currency issue.

Saber

Gold Member
It's almost the price of a PS5. Here in Lojas Americanas the price of PS5 is R$3.900, while Switch is R$ 2.900.

TheBomb

To me! It’s just to make most money no matter till the next generation. If they make another one. They’ve said they will never catch up to Sony and probably Nintendo. It screams the PlayStation 3 era. Sony at that time is okay let’s just get through this generation.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It screams the PlayStation 3 era. Sony at that time is okay let’s just get through this generation.
What? Sony pushed super hard to turn the tables around there: engines and tools for devs, tons of games between small (this is where LBP was born) and large titles (Uncharted 1-2-3, Killzone 2-3, Motorstorm, etc…), console redesigns to reduce costs and price to consumers, etc…

Top Bottom