• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S just got a price increase in Brazil

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Now revert the retroarch/dev mode imbroglio and I'll consider one.

Everything works in dev mode (I use it myself), did you mean retail mode emulation? I don't think that's ever coming back, people were using it to upload other console pics/videos to XBL servers.

adamsapple

Was it ever raised on Xbox Store? They announced price increase in the future, not right now:

Wow.

Well fuck Brazilians again I guess.

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Gp1

Everything works in dev mode (I use it myself), did you mean retail mode emulation? I don't think that's ever coming back, people were using it to upload other console pics/videos to XBL servers.

Ok, but you have to pay for Dev account and can't use gamepass right? (you can, but you have to alternate between dev and retail mode)

Last edited:

adamsapple

Ok, but you have to pay for Dev account and can't use gamepass right? (you can, but you have to alternate between dev and retail mode)

Yes, it's a one time payment, if you choose the Turkey region when signing up for dev mode, you pay equivalent to $2 only.

And yes you cannot use retail apps when in dev mode, since it's a closed-off walled garden.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1

Gp1

Yes, it's a one time payment, if you choose the Turkey region when signing up for dev mode, you pay equivalent to $2 only.

And yes you cannot use retail apps when in dev mode, since it's a closed-off walled garden.

Interesting, that was something i didn't know.
I was thinking that dev mode was a signature system like gamepass.

Last edited:

just_jr

I asked what was the price before, not what that mean. I'm brazillian btw, so no way to fool me. He know the prices was already high. Brazil have this problem since ages. Nothing to do with old or new president.
relaxa um tico ai meu filho, nenhum momento eu falei sobre governo kkkk

Brazil taking Ls at every corner. This news sucks.

Edit: It seems to be reverted. Still, scummy move overall but I know fanboys will defend this shit anyway.

Last edited:

just_jr

Not anymore since Xbox 360. Xbox 360 was a good age for Microsoft here in Brazil.

Eu to de boa. Vocês que precisam entender que a época de eleição acabou.
what are you talking about? You're the only one here talking about government and elections lol
I can only feel sorry about you my friend, please move on, look at the flowers, go to the gym, read a book.

Fake

what are you talking about? You're the only one here talking about government and elections lol
I can only feel sorry about you my friend, please move on, look at the flowers, go to the gym, read a book.

Not true at all. You reply me because I was replying someone else.

just_jr

Not true at all. You reply me because I was replying someone else.
yeah, because I thought your question was true... I was only explaining the values since it was in BRL and not everybody understand that, but anyway, responding you question: the price before was 50% less than what it costs now

Last edited:

Fake

yeah, because I tought your question was true... I was only explaining the values since it was in BRL and not everybody understand that, but anyway, responding you question: the price before was 50% less than it is now

And you still think I the one who started the political statement...lol

Lokaum D+

Because of piracy 😂
I think he forgot to mention that little detail, X360 is pirated to this day.

but i m not gonna lie, XSS was the best deal in gaming over here at the beginning of this gen, the price + gamepass was a steal for those that couldn't afford a PC or a PS5/SX

Tsaki

oeRMd7y.jpg

65lPq3s.jpg

Uncle Phil doesn't take kindly to dissent
Wtf? Guess if you don't tow the line you lose your privileges.
The only explanation I would have for just the Series S having a price increase is that MS wants to stem the money they lose on hardware and the S probably causes the biggest losses. If not, then more wild speculations would need to take place.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Wtf? Guess if you don't tow the line you lose your privileges.
The only explanation I would have for just the Series S having a price increase is that MS wants to stem the money they lose on hardware and the S probably causes the biggest losses. If not, then more wild speculations would need to take place.
They’re acting like this before the dust has even settled on ABK. Buckle in for a hilarious couple of years ahead.

adamsapple

You are doing god's work, son. Don't forget to stop at the gas station and to buy a can of Pringles for your free 15 days Game Pass trial.
Phil is proud.

I will also pray for you to cope in the winter, not having any energy and all. :messenger_waving:

Dane

Since now I got time here's the deal:

Xbox has been a pretty popular brand since the 360 not only for piracy, but also for being a more affordable choice overall, we brazilians are cost benefit first, not brand loyalty. And Xbox Series S was a major choice here, especially because brazilians are one of the biggest daily internet usage people in the world, and our internet got really fast with the fiber revolution.

Microsoft also was the first company to bring the consoles on their own rather than using third party companies to do that (such as Sega with Tectoy and Nintendo with Playtronic), and bringing dubbed games in a decade with Viva Pinata and Halo 3. They had a branch on its own, Xbox Brasil, that was really popular with their presence at gaming events.

But over the last 5-6 years that division started to wean off with many og people leaving, by the time the Series consoles were released the branch was relegated into a joke, they doesn't do shit and get stuff wrong, but sales were really strong because it was an estabilished brand with the best cost benefit. People didn't even known that that branch did no longer exist as an separate unit but rather a subsidiary of Xbox Mexico until two years ago or so.

Now we have this major price hike for no reason because the Dollar to Brazilian Real conversion is in fact, slightly lower (5,20 against 5,05), and press members are reporting that Xbox demanded the return of the loaned hardware.

Last edited:

VargasPaPuM

Since now I got time here's the deal:

Xbox has been a pretty popular brand since the 360 not only for piracy, but also for being a more affordable choice overall, we brazilians are cost benefit first, not brand loyalty. And Xbox Series S was a major choice here, especially because brazilians are one of the biggest daily internet usage people in the world, and our internet got really fast with the fiber revolution.

Microsoft also was the first company to bring the consoles on their own rather than using third party companies to do that (such as Sega with Tectoy and Nintendo with Playtronic), and bringing dubbed games in a decade with Viva Pinata and Halo 3. They had a branch on its own, Xbox Brasil, that was really popular with their presence at gaming events.

But over the last 5-6 years that division started to wean off with many og people leaving, by the time the Series consoles were released the branch was relegated into a joke, they doesn't do shit and get stuff wrong, but sales were really strong because it was an estabilished brand with the best cost benefit. People didn't even known that that branch did no longer exist as an separate unit but rather a subsidiary of Xbox Mexico until two years ago or so.

Now we have this major price hike for no reason because the Dollar to Brazilian Real conversion is in fact, slightly lower (5,20 against 5,05), and press members are reporting that Xbox demanded the return of the loaned hardware.
90% of Brazilians 360 are unlocked for pirate games. I remembered the ban waves, and 90% of your friends list gone close to holidays evey year.

Dane

90% of Brazilians 360 are unlocked for pirate games. I remembered the ban waves, and 90% of your friends list gone close to holidays evey year.
Yup, good days of Stealth program, but only played MP once with a legit Halo 3 copy. But even the Microsoft first party games had a decent price and were lower than grey imports.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Being a high level exec seems like the funnest job. Just fire off meaningless buzzwords rapidly in public and behind the scenes act like a total cunt in emails. You know that one dickhead boss you never wanna see at the office? Phil Spencer is that to someone out there. “Oh shit, Phil’s on the elevator. He’s gonna be here in 2 mins. What are we gonna do?” Then he walks in with this fuckin face and demands you report the engagement numbers right then and there.

phil-spencer-photographer-philip-pacheco-bloomberg.jpg

Banjo64

cumsessed
cpV24sggakviVWqWwDVzJn-1200-80.jpg
Being a high level exec seems like the funnest job. Just fire off meaningless buzzwords rapidly in public and behind the scenes act like a total cunt in emails. You know that one dickhead boss you never wanna see at the office? Phil Spencer is that to someone out there. “Oh shit, Phil’s on the elevator. He’s gonna be here in 2 mins. What are we gonna do?” Then he walks in with this fuckin face and demands you report the engagement numbers right then and there.

phil-spencer-photographer-philip-pacheco-bloomberg.jpg
They probably just slapped Pong on screen here for the photo op.

cpV24sggakviVWqWwDVzJn-1200-80.jpg

Top Bottom