• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S just got a price increase in Brazil

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Actually you could even find for less than R$2000, and on the mall for like R$2200. Even thou I have a Series X at my place and a S at my folks, it's bullshit

Dane

Actually you could even find for less than R$2000, and on the mall for like R$2200. Even thou I have a Series X at my place and a S at my folks, it's bullshit
Yeah its bullshit, the grey market brings it even for 1800, i dunno what they're thinking, because it is very popular.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
ryan reynolds hd GIF
A sign of things to come. Go acquisition!

TheBomb

What? Sony pushed super hard to turn the tables around there: engines and tools for devs, tons of games between small (this is where LBP was born) and large titles (Uncharted 1-2-3, Killzone 2-3, Motorstorm, etc…), console redesigns to reduce costs and price to consumers, etc…
Very true.

Astral Dog

Wtf is going on this generation? I get it is hard to cut costs right now but the market increases are everywhere and pretty significant. The whole pricing model seems to have been turned upside down
There is going to be a massive economic recession , globally not just in the US and the new governments are corrupt or inept to do anything, same with these companies they got to keep their business running somehow,some countries get affected more than others

Its all going to shit

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
You can buy a Switch OLED for R$2.100, that the price I paid for mine. And Switch is actually more expensive than the Series S in USA.

Lojas Americanas physical store sell here the first Switch(not OLED or Lite) for that price I stated(it took very long for them to even starting selling here). I have yet to see Series X.

Darsxx82

The weirdest thing about the whole thing is that they have only increased the price of XSS 500GB while leaving XSX and XSS 1T the same. It's like an invitation to anyone who wants an XBOX console to discard the XSS option (and at the same time consider the option of a digital PS5). The question now is whether this is unique to Brazil. I doubt very much that they will be able to do the same in the big markets..... or not?.

These aren't Sarah Bond's best steps as head of Xbox hardware

Klayzer

Do you remember when consoles went down in price as they aged?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Pure fuckin greed by all the console makers. Now it's all about maximizing profits for an entire gen. No cheaper consoles even when manufacturing costs goes down substantially.

Dane

The weirdest thing about the whole thing is that they have only increased the price of XSS 500GB while leaving XSX and XSS 1T the same. It's like an invitation to anyone who wants an XBOX console to discard the XSS option (and at the same time consider the option of a digital PS5). The question now is whether this is unique to Brazil. I doubt very much that they will be able to do the same in the big markets..... or not?.

These aren't Sarah Bond's best steps as head of Xbox hardware
XSS 1TB hasn't been oficially released here as far as I know. and XSX is pretty much at 3800 R$ in offers.

Last edited:
It barely sells even though its cheap. Might aswell increase the price and make more profit from the little they do sell.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Make the Ueli
Damn, can't escape this bullshit even in here.

On topic: this year was probably a tipping point for GamePass; they're probably comfortable charging this much because they expect people to factor into the total cost not buying new games and just subscribing to GamePass.

Last edited:

Gp1

Seriously, i received a promo for PS5 digital ed. for 3350 BRL a day ago

Wtf Microsoft is smoking.

I was thinking to buy one just to enjoy gamepass and Emulation.
First they slashed emulation them a price raise.

it's easier and cheaper to get a new TV with Xbox live support and forget about the console.

Roni

Gold Member
Brazil and Argentina have the stupidest import taxes, neither Xbox nor Playstation can be manufactured locally so imposing these tariffs on them is ridiculous.
They can be manufactured locally so long as Sony and Microsoft accept national labor laws.

DragonNCM

Seriously, i received a promo for PS5 digital ed. for 3350 BRL a day ago

Wtf Microsoft is smoking.

I was thinking to buy one just to enjoy gamepass and Emulation.
First they slashed emulation them a price raise.

it's easier and cheaper to get a new TV with Xbox live support and forget about the console.
Yeah...& play with +150ms lag.....you can play only turn based games with that shit.

Lunarorbit

All consoles are overpriced here. A ps5 standard edition is around 900 USD. Biggest appeal of the Series S here used to be it was half the price of other newer consoles but that just went out of the window.
Where the fuck does all this duty money go? Why does the Brazilian govt tax video games so much? It's been like this for as long as I can remember.

Top Bottom