• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X And PS5 Raw Power Is Not As Important As How Devs Will Use It – The Initiative Dev

bohrdom

Banned
I mean the system performance vs bandwidth.
XSX - 560 ÷ 12.1 = 46.28gb per tflop
PS5 - 446 ÷ 10.28 = 43.38gb per tflop

XSX with a slightly higher bandwidth per tflop of performance, while neither will have an issue with bandwidth.

Yeah I think this is a better way of measuring what I was trying to compare. Given this it does not seem like the performance difference between the two machines will be much. But who knows, they each might have something up their sleeves that I don't know about.

After reading this article again:

I do think that PS5 and XSX will be closer than some might think.
  • RAM
  • I/O
  • SSD speed and function
  • Audio hardware
All are in favor of the PS5. Yes even RAM.

Accessing more than 10GB of Ram within a game, the memory interface must start switching or splitting the access to the memory portions.
The Tempest Engine and Custom I/O HW will help lift the burden of the CPU, which possibly make the PS5 CPU even faster than XSX!? (I am not sure about that)
Nevermind the more than 2x SSD speed. However I dont think this will help framerate.

I still do think that GPU power is key and that XSX has the advantage here (min. 18%, but more likely 20%+) and probably will have higher res or more Raytracing effects in games.

Last words: This gen Digital Foundry videos will be boring as hell as you wont be able tell the difference between the consoles graphics, only with 0.2x slow-mo speed and 100x zoom.

That article is just theory work; it's interesting but none of it is provable at the moment. We don't know how exactly MS are handling the memory pool switching, but we know it most likely involves something at the kernel level.

Looking at the article, it seems to be bringing up scenarios where the Series X would not be accessing its memory the way they present, so I don't understand why they are entertaining those scenarios to begin with. I'm referring to the following:

RAM%2Bconfiguration%2Bgraphic_alt3.jpg

The fallout of this can be quite complicated depending on how Microsoft have worked out their memory bus architecture. It could be a complete "switch" whereby on one clock cycle the memory interface uses the interleaved 10 GB portion and on the following clock cycle it accesses the 6 GB portion. This implementation would have the effect of averaging the effective bandwidth for all the memory. If you average this access, you get 280 392 GB/s for the 10 GB portion and 168 GB/s for the 6 GB portion for a given time frame but individual cycles would be counted at their full bandwidth

So in this scenario, they are calculating an average for the memory bandwidths yet right before they say the system would switch the memory access pools in a clock cycle, I'm presuming the CPU's clock cycle. Well, the CPU operates at either 3.66 GHz (or 3 billion, 660 million cycles) per second with SMT on, or 3.8 GHz with SMT off. The scenario as this person's describing it would make it sound as if the switching is alternating every clock cycle, that's the only way you could calculate an average.

But in reality, there is no real-world scenario where the switching would happen like that. The actual amount of time switching between the two "banks" of memory would be uneven and largely dependent on how the game is actually programmed. But it definitely wouldn't drop the average bandwidth to the levels they're listing here, it would be much higher.

However, there is another scenario with memory being assigned to each portion based on availability. In this configuration, the memory bandwidth (and access) is dependent on how much RAM is in use. Below 10 GB, the RAM will always operate at 560 GB/s. Above 10 GB utilisation, the memory interface must start switching or splitting the access to the memory portions. I don't know if it's technically possible to actually access two different interleaved portions of memory simultaneously by using the two 16-bit channels of the GDDR6 chip but if it were (and the standard appears to allow for it), you'd end up with the same 392/168 GB/s memory bandwidths as the "averaged" shown in the diagram scenario mentioned above.

This sounds like an undesirable outcome and there's no reason a company with the expertise and resources of MS would pursue it.

Yes, the SX has 2.5 GB reserved for system functions and we don't know how much the PS5 reserves for that similar functionality but it doesn't matter - the Xbox SX either has only 7.5 GB of interleaved memory operating at 560 GB/s for game utilisation before it has to start "lowering" the effective bandwidth of the memory below that of the PS5... or the SX has an averaged mixed memory bandwidth that is always below that of the baseline PS4. Either option puts the SX at a disadvantage to the PS5 for more memory intensive games and the latter puts it at a disadvantage all of the time.

Not a bit of this makes any sense or is true. In particular tho I want to focus on the bolded portions, as if either of these were true at all, not only would we have at least a few developers suggesting such, but Sony would themselves be suggesting such in messaging regarding PS5.

The idea MS went with a memory setup that would only produce actual consistent bandwith lower than the base PS4 (which was 176 GB/s, btw) is actually pretty ludicrous and it's not far off at all from the people who keep trying to say PS5 is a 9.2 TF sometimes 10.3 TF system but could drop to 8.4 TF. They're equally ridiculous, just presenting it in a blog doesn't add any credibility to the assertion however.

What we do know is that MS and AMD have already made some alterations to the GDDR6 memory in the Series system, including also control logic, to implement things like ECC. That in itself doesn't have anything to do with memory interleaving, but it would at least indicate MS were well aware of the kind of difficulties this blogger came up with and has, very likely, figured a way to best hit the peak bandwidths of both the "fast" and "slow" memory pools. After all we've had almost four months since that blog was written and nothing in terms of leaks affirming those worst-case scenarios has surfaced.

I also figure we'll get a much better picture of things officially at MS's Hot Chips presentation in August. But yeah, the majority of that blog is just theory-work. It's detailed enough but the conclusions are way off. And keep in mind, a lot of what that blog wrote up is months old, before we started getting clarification on other system features particularly regarding Series X. So essentially it was only able to work with assumptions based on info provided at the time and it's likely that blogger missed certain Series X-related information that came before Road to PS5 as well (and they're even wrong about other things such as SOD2's load time in that XSX demo video; that was a save and load operation, and it was closer to 6.6 seconds, which matches up with the SSD's raw specs...it was also an unoptimized demo)

EDIT: Also figure on the audio part is something Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem might've gotten their speculation on Series X requiring some 4-5 GPU CUs or something to do 3D audio or whatnot xD. If he got it from that blog post no wonder the idea was off.

After reading your post I went and checked the AMD Stream processor info, and it turns out AMD's collaboration with Sony on PS4 resulted in the steam processors being wrapped back into the GPU as part of GCN (Async compute AFAIK), so the Zen2 cores are just as inefficient at such workloads as intel i7, PPC at 40-50% because of the branch prediction logic. However, I take your point about the XsX VA probably using ARM or some other ASIC option that is as efficient (+90%) as the IO complex.

What we don't know is what Xbox really means when they say 10% of a Zen2 core. Do they mean 10% of theoretical, or 10% in real work done. If they mean the later, the 50-60% inefficiency of the VA interfacing with a CPU core (to copy to memory) is in fact already factored in - so it means 10/40 or 10/50 20-25% theoretical of a core to get 10% real work done. 760Mhz - 950Mhz used, rather than 380Mhz.

If that is the case, it is a relatively small overhead and if able to evenly split across 8 cores and factored out for the developers by the hypervisor, then it would just mean the XsX CPU cores in SMT disabled mode would be running at 3.7GHz - or maybe at the full amount if Microsoft have clocked the CPU higher than 3.8GHz but opaquely held the extra back for the IO.

There is a possibility that the primary CPU core (that will need SMT mode enabled AFAIK) will need to be used for such a high priority, low latency task, in that case, I wouldn't be expecting the +90% of 6GB/s, but 40-50% of +90% of the 6GB/s., only because whether the 380Mhz-475Mhz gets deducted from the 3.6GHz or as a boost clock on the main core, going above 4GHz on the main core or dropping below 3.2GHz (to partition that performance off) wouldn't seem like a good solution.

I suspect it is the former solution with it an invisible upclock across the 8 cores and XsX getting +90% of the 6GB/s theoretical. I still think all the info we have about the asymmetric access points towards GDDR6 memory contention by the IO decompressor lowering the data width down to 160bits and the bandwidth down to 280GB/s for those transfers.

I'm a little disappointed that Xbox haven't offered more info on the VA and asymmetric memory considering at a glance (IMHO) it looks so unfavourable in real workloads to the simpler IO complex and unifed RAM setup; even just using the Zen2 core of decompression copies presumably adds latency to the IO compared to the dedicated IO complex hardware.

Speaking of the CPU cores I do think that having a portion of the I/O on Series handled through CPU is what accounts in some parts for the higher CPU clocks on those systems, it could be serving as some overhead as you suggest. By what amount I'm not sure; it really also comes down to what they have serving as companion hardware for XvA implementation (which could be those ARM cores mentioned previously, unless they're for something else).

To the bolded I don't know if I'm agreement with it quite yet; some other poster linked to a blog that I looked through but a lot of what's in that blog is based on info regarding Series X that's since been superceded by newer information nullifying a lot of those points. I guess it's possible, but it depends on the memory interleaving MS have implemented and, well, some of the ideas in that blog just don't make any sense and have too obvious of downsides to even bother considering.

We'll get more info on Series X architecture around Hot Chips time which is less than a month away so I'm looking forward to seeing them address the very things you mention, and clear the air in that regard.

I don’t disagree. But devs don’t usually toot their own horns in this regard, especially when they have no track record. With console launch upcoming it comes across as a preemptive damage control almost. Could be off base

Sounds more like you're reading into things what you want to read into them.

Last edited:

Neo_game

How?
616GB 2080ti
XSX 560GB. GPU.
5700xt 448GB GPU
PS5 446GB GPU WITH Memory contention.
PS5 446GB CPU. WITH Memory contention.
XSX 320GB CPU

2080ti 352bits.
XSX 320bits.
PS5 256bits.
5700xt 256bits

Pixel fill rate
XSX 146
PS5 142
2080ti 136
5700xt 122

Texture Rate
2080ti 420
XSX 379
PS5 321
5700xt 304

TMUs
2080ti 272
XSX 208
Ps5 177
5700xt 160

ROPs
2080ti 88
XSX 80
Ps5 64
5700xt 64

L2 Cache
2080TI 5.5mb
XSX 5mb
PS5 4mb
5700xt 4mb

All numbers are based on highest clocks. So he is right. PS5 is a little better than a 5700xt. So I say again how?

Someone already mentioned that according to github leaks both have 64ROPs ? So PS5 has pixel fillrate advantage. Not sure AMD has any 80ROPs GPU. Big Navi is suppose to have 96. Also your memory info is completely wrong. Both CPU and GPU share the same bandwidth. It is not like gfx cards on PC

For me it’s more the duck theory, if it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck....it’s a fucking duck.

But you could be right.

This is literally maybe the only time an internal studio's said something to this effect though, and like others in the thread bring up, they're emphasizing that power means nothing if the talent isn't there to utilize it. That was the gist of their message.

Considering everyone has been trying to paint Series X as nothing but a brute force machine just powering its way to solutions, we've just been gradually seeing MS indicate to people that they understand from the get-go it's always about more than just raw power to determine how good a system and its games are. That's what they're trying to communicate. I hardly see how you take these statements to mean it's damage control :S

PS5 has a massive SSD advantage. It's possible some games will look better in PS5 due to higher quality streamed assets.

Referring to paper specs, and not considering the apples-to-oranges approach the two systems are tackling I/O bottlenecking issues. In practice the two are seemingly a lot closer in I/O throughput than they are apart, they are just taking different means in accomplishing this that plays to their respective strengths and future goals.

But this has already been exhaustively discussed numerous times in tons of other threads.

Last edited:

Shmunter

PS5 has a massive SSD advantage. It's possible some games will look better in PS5 due to higher quality streamed assets.
Quite convinced PS5 also has cpu advantage due to complete i/o & sound processing offloading unlike on XsX.

And from where I’m looking, the jury is still out on PS5 GPU efficiency bridging any TF gap. That recent Geometry Engine info could be quite the wild card. Pure speculation at this point.

cm osi

doubt
games will run better and look better on xbox. maybe load faster on ps5, or have more things on screen.

Quite convinced PS5 also has cpu advantage due to complete i/o & sound processing offloading unlike on XsX.

i think series x has a audio chip too

Last edited:

Shmunter

This is literally maybe the only time an internal studio's said something to this effect though, and like others in the thread bring up, they're emphasizing that power means nothing if the talent isn't there to utilize it. That was the gist of their message.

Considering everyone has been trying to paint Series X as nothing but a brute force machine just powering its way to solutions, we've just been gradually seeing MS indicate to people that they understand from the get-go it's always about more than just raw power to determine how good a system and its games are. That's what they're trying to communicate. I hardly see how you take these statements to mean it's damage control :S
No I get all that. The damage control I’m alluding to is potential expectation that the XsX TF advantage will yield a significant visual advantage, where it may not be as pronounced

Yes, that's what you'd say if you knew your machine was inferior to the competition. Doesn't fit the narrative about XSX.
Precisely, it’s counterintuitive. Naturally leads to raised eyebrows.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Before I read, is this the latest in a long, long, long, long, long line of desperately apologetic articles claiming a technically inferior console is somehow superior to a higher spec console?

Last edited:
And this is what makes it weird.
Confidence is weird? If you have an advantage, you talk it up, or you're not doing your job. Whats weird is sony, nor any sony devs saying PS5 is the most powerful next gen console. The simple answer is they know it's not.

Last edited:
No that's not my point, it's about the quality these studios output. Sony has as many studios if not more, and they have a history of putting out top level games. Not sure how many Nintendo have but they likewise put out lots of great games. MS has some tough competition to live up to.

Other than Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica putting out games in the 90s, majority of sony 1st party studios put out games with a metacritic score in the 80s or lower. Of that list i posted, there are at least 5 MS studios that put out AAA games in the 80's with one thats put out a game in the 90s.

The difference in quality isn't as big as you're making it out to be. And Playground,Ninja Theory and the Initiative are poised to put out games that will rival any studio in quality based on the talent of the studios. The problem is we haven't seen what they're up to yet as they haven't had enough time since the MS acquisition.

Last edited:

Shmunter

doubt
games will run better and look better on xbox. maybe load faster on ps5, or have more things on screen.

i think series x has a audio chip too
Pretty sure current gen have audio chips too, but not fully fledged audio processors like what PS5 is purporting to be bringing this time around. Thing can apparently process over 20gbs of data, that’s massive for the purpose.

Don’t thing MS have announced anything like this. Happy to be corrected to the contrary.

Yes, and now we have a MS studio downplaying the importance of that advantage.

But since you're trolling rn, I'll leave it at that.

No he's not. You're purposefully taking his words out of context. He simply stating the obvious. You need talented developers to make the hardware sing. Example, compare Sumo digitals Crackdown 3 running on the XB1X, which is significantly more powerful than the PS4 Pro, yet TLOU2 looks an entire generation ahead of it if not more.

It's really not complicated man. I know you have more sense than that.

Psykodad

Banned
No he's not. You're purposefully taking his words out of context. He simply stating the obvious. You need talented developers to make the hardware sing. Example, compare Sumo digitals Crackdown 3 running on the XB1X, which is significantly more powerful than the PS4 Pro, yet TLOU2 looks an entire generation ahead of it if not more.

It's really not complicated man. I know you have more sense than that.
I know how it is.
All I'm saying is that it comes across as downplaying the advantage Xbox has.
Which makes sense, because as former Sony-devs, they know the quality the top studios of Sony Studios deliver. And it's going to be difficult to compete with that, given that The Initiative is a newly founded studio, while Xbox fans expect the most amazing games ever after all the huff and puff from MS about the power of XSX.

They're tempering expectations, as does Phil/MS lately.. Highly likely to prevent people from being overhyped and feeling letdown in two days.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Pretty sure current gen have audio chips too, but not fully fledged audio processors like what PS5 is purporting to be bringing this time around. Thing can apparently process over 20gbs of data, that’s massive for the purpose.

Don’t thing MS have announced anything like this. Happy to be corrected to the contrary.

Probably because the XsX isn't as invested in "revolutionize" audio like the PS5 is, so they don't need to have a fully fledged audio processor to minimize the CPU cost.

sobaka770

Banned
Wow, somebody said what needed to be said.

I'll even say more: even Xbox One the original was not a complete trash compared to PS4. Yes it didn't run games at native 1080p but those DF articles and videos even this gen bore me to death. Who the hell cares if one console is 1800p vs 4k native? Do you really derive less enjoyment from a game you play on your TV several meters away if you pause and notice slight jaggies on a faraway powerline? Is the game using Screen-Space Reflections on character eyeball vs Ray-Tracing is now garbage?

The coolest things I saw lately in console space is TLOU2 animation which is new tech but can be put on any current-gen console. GoT flowing leaves particales and wind simulation is another thing which makes a pretty repetitive world just come to life despite simple textures and lighting. Why does nobody implement that since Witcher 3 is beyond me. It's all basic stuff but the way it transforms the visuals and immersion is higher than any ray-traced eyeball.

We're hitting a limit of perceivable tech advantage so unless one console has like double the power the effect will be negligent at best.

I know how it is.
All I'm saying is that it comes across as downplaying the advantage Xbox has.
Which makes sense, because as former Sony-devs, they know the quality the top studios of Sony Studios deliver. And it's going to be difficult to compete with that, given that The Initiative is a newly founded studio, while Xbox fans expect the most amazing games ever after all the huff and puff from MS about the power of XSX.

They're tempering expectations, as does Phil/MS lately.. Highly likely to prevent people from being overhyped and feeling letdown in two days.
Again, i disagree. I think the dev is wanting the devs to get the credit for how good a game turns out and not the hardware itself. And to not get caught up in console warring.

But you're free to believe what you want.

Phil is tempering expectations to what? Graphics? He's only stated that the XSX is the most powerful next gen console countless time and that he felt even more confident when Sony revealed the PS5 specs. Thats the exact opposite of "tempering expectations" lol

I think you seem a bit in denial lol. Even now, theres some sony fans even trying to imply the PS5 has the more powerful GPU.

Last edited:

cm osi

that's true and cerny said that devs can offload the audio chip to do normal cpu stuff but seriesx cpu is still clocked higher
i'd say cpu is pretty much on par but gpu is better on series x, i don't see ps5 games run better

And from where I’m looking, the jury is still out on PS5 GPU efficiency bridging any TF gap. That recent Geometry Engine info could be quite the wild card. Pure speculation at this point.

All the gaming tech site, DF etc all say XSX has the GPU,CPU, and Bandwidth advantage. You're in the minority my friend. I even saw one user on here trying to imply PS5 have the more powerful GPU as well.

Xbox has the faster CPU/RAM/GPU and a bit slower SSD
PS5 has the slower CPU/RAM/GPU and a bit faster SSD

SSD does not affect performance or visuals and only really improves loading times/streaming assets (pop in).

Xbox > PS5 in terms of performance when it comes to resolution/framerate. Of course yes it depends how it's used. if a developer builds a game to PS5 standards and doesn't bother taking advantage of Xbox then the extra power doesn't matter. just like how most developers will build games to the speed of the Xbox SSD so, again, games will run better on Xbox with better CPU/RAM/GPU and the SSD, although being slower, will still be just fine. the SSD will only benefit PS5 in 1st party games but if a studio is 1st party then they're obviously gonna get the most out of the hardware....

however the advantage is still in Xbox's favour because of the much faster speeds :messenger_smirking:
As an Xbox fan I'll will say Sony has an advtange as well because like the Initiative dev said it's how you use the power and there's no doubt Sony's 1st party devs know how to push hardware to its maximum.

As an Xbox fan I'll will say Sony has an advtange as well because like the Initiative dev said it's how you use the power and there's no doubt Sony's 1st party devs know how to push hardware to its maximum.

What makes you think Playground(is known for amazing graphics), Ninja Theory(Heavenly Sword was one of the best looking games on PS3,Hellblade is tech showpiece), The Initiative(full of lead/senior Sony Santa Monica/Naughty Dog/Rockstar devs),343(Halo 4 was one of the most technical impressive games of last gen,Halo 5 targeted 60fps) The Coalition(known for great graphics while targeting 60fps) won't push the XSX to its limits? Honestly?

I think people do not factor in that 343 and The Coalition target 60fps in their games, while none of sonys 1st party studios target 60fps on the PS4. That is something people continue to ignore.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Again, i disagree. I think the dev is wanting the devs to get the credit for how good a game turns out and not the hardware itself. And to not get caught up in console warring.

But you're free to believe what you want.

Phil is tempering expectations to what? Graphics? He's only stated that the XSX is the most powerful next gen console countless time and that he felt even more confident when Sony revealed the PS5 specs. Thats the exact opposite of "tempering expectations" lol

I think you seem a bit in denial lol. Even now, theres some sony fans even trying to imply the PS5 has the more powerful GPU.
Talking about games as a whole, not just graphics.
MS sure seems to have toned down their attitude a bit ever since Sony did the PS5 reveal. It's quite noticeable.

And what am I supposed to be in denial about. XSX being more powerful? That's just a fact, so not sure what you're trying to imply there. Especially that I somehow try to act like the PS5 has a more powerful GPU. Think you have me mixed up with others. 😉

Last edited:

sendit

Talking about games as a whole, not just graphics.
MS sure seems to have toned down their attitude a bit ever since Sony did the PS5 reveal. It's quite noticeable.

And what am I supposed to be in denial about. XSX being more powerful? That's just a fact, so not sure what you're trying to imply there. Especially that I somehow try to act like the PS5 has a more powerful GPU. Think you have me mixed up with others. 😉

I've asked countless times/proof on who is actually saying the raw theoretically GPU power is greater on the PS5 versus the XSX.

Psykodad

Banned
I've asked countless times/proof on who is actually saying the raw theoretically GPU power is greater on the PS5 versus the XSX.
Ikr.
Haven't seen anybody make that claim. Same as how somehow there's supposedly people saying that the PS5 SSD is magically boosting the GPU capabilities.

Mr.ODST

What makes you think Playground(is known for amazing graphics), Ninja Theory(Heavenly Sword was one of the best looking games on PS3,Hellblade is tech showpiece), The Initiative(full of lead/senior Sony Santa Monica/Naughty Dog/Rockstar devs),343(Halo 4 was one of the most technical impressive games of last gen,Halo 5 targeted 60fps) The Coalition(known for great graphics while targeting 60fps) won't push the XSX to its limits? Honestly?

I think people do not factor in that 343 and The Coalition target 60fps in their games, while none of sonys 1st party studios target 60fps on the PS4. That is something people continue to ignore.

Halo 5 and Gears 5 looked absolutely unreal while running at 60fps, can't wait to see more

I think July 23rd. Everything you mentioned will be realized. Sony's 1st party just had more time over the years to show and prove.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
I've seen many people on YT MaDz gaming channel who where saying PS5 > XSX (GPU specifically), but here on neogaf people arnt posting stupid 💩 like that. There are however people here who will tell you PS5 > XSX thanks to SSD magic.

Last edited:
The bus isn´t restricted to one OP at a time tho´. It´s the bandwith that´s the limiting factor. So ofc if your loading data off the ssd into memory, the bus will be filled, but other than that the bus is happy to give you a ticket to ride.
This is the same for XSX and PS5 (or all computer systems in general)

Sony added more priority levels For their SSD too, so that they «always» have a ticket ready for a VIP passenger as well.

What MS did was institute low level access to the NVMe controller and pass that to the developer. So the developer can create priority on a per game basis.

One dev may have 3 priority levels , the other could have eight

Hezekiah

Banned
Other than Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica putting out games in the 90s, majority of sony 1st party studios put out games with a metacritic score in the 80s or lower. Of that list i posted, there are at least 5 MS studios that put out AAA games in the 80's with one thats put out a game in the 90s.

The difference in quality isn't as big as you're making it out to be. And Playground,Ninja Theory and the Initiative are poised to put out games that will rival any studio in quality based on the talent of the studios. The problem is we haven't seen what they're up to yet as they haven't had enough time since the MS acquisition.
Well you have to consider others aswell. Persona and Bloodborne are 2 of the best-rated this gen, and Horizon and Spiderman rated high aswell, but the wider point is that they're all huge IPs that have quickly built and expanded huge followings. Days Gone has 71 on metacritic and sold 13m copies. MS has three huge IPs but they have been flogged to death - Gears as much as I love it appears to be slowly dying. I expect the next 'proper' Spiderman game to sell more than Halo Infinite because Spiderman is bigger than Halo at this point.

I don't think you can be definitive, so I'm waiting because at the moment it's hype more than track record. Ninja Theory in particular disappointed a lot with Heavenly Sword which I had on PS3, and similarly Hellblade I'm told was pretty generic.

Fable is a risk but at least it's something relatively fresh. The Initiative? Well it's a complete unknown at this point. Names dont automatically make a good studio.

semicool

Banned
This isn't true. The PS5 technically has the faster GPU.
Wat?

Clockspeed != Performance

For the GPU you could have a PowerVR 2 clocked at 5ghz, it still wouldn't be "faster" or anywhere near that in terms of performance as the GPU in the Xbox One at a way lower clockspeed.

That being said. I have some computer parts I want to sell you....

Last edited:

semicool

Banned
"Size(power) doesn't matter.."

Hmmm......ok.
I'll just play all the new , next gen games on my Xbox 360 and PS3 then, sounds good.

Last edited:

FStubbs

I've seen many people on YT MaDz gaming channel who where saying PS5 > XSX (GPU specifically), but here on neogaf people arnt posting stupid 💩 like that. There are however people here who will tell you PS5 > XSX thanks to SSD magic.

You forgot, Sony has allegedly paid Epic to make sure Unreal Engine 5 runs best on PS5.

Top Bottom