• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Xbox Power King Memes

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
a1G7p5Y.jpg

for reference - https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next...-analysis-leaks-thread.1480978/post-258482037

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
This is why I nevevr post on Next-Gen speculation threads.
the lead graphics engine designer laughs at me for stopping every 30 seconds to just rotate the camera and look at the sights and listen to the sounds of their game world. "Everything in the game is PBR with multiple sources of volumetric lighting. All of the characters in this game are unique. You will never see the same character model more than once." As I am playing I realize how difficult this game is. I play several games competitively multiple genres (Smite,R6,SFV,CoD,BF,League) but I am getting my ass handed to me. I take the lead character out into a hallway and two enemies rush into the room shooting and moving in what appears to be a tactical pattern. "Is this fucking guy shooting at me while the other guy is trying to circle around to flank me?" he laughs again. "Yep, suppressive fire." As the enemy shoots at me I take note of the deformation of the geometry on display, chunks of cement give way revealing the metal pipes underneath that hold the structure together. Everything is based in reality including what happens when you shoot people or get shot. Its beautiful but it aint pretty.

I sit the controller down (I'm about to die again anyways) "The game is definitely running at 60fps" he shakes his head at me "No its running at 90fps locked. native 4k." dumb stare "On which machine?" he smiles "Both of them."

Two hours and several drinks later

When I asked about the performance of both consoles his response was "Both have the same target we will see if either of them hit that target. " I pushed further and asked what the target was and his response was simply."Above 12" That is not for the XseX or the PS5,from what I can gather internally both machines are targeting very high performance which lines up with hearing earlier that the machines would both be $499 with both companies Taking a loss.

Notes
The gdk they are working with is not the final kit for either machine and XseX is currently ahead in terms of sheer power. Sonys tool set is much more complete and refined.
The trailer is all actual game play. Not in engine but game play.
Every developer or engineer I have ever met day drinks.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

The intro to drugs

Redlight

The intro to drugs

There are some true cult members on this site. In the 'next gen' thread the PS5 has gone from being 'disappointing', to 'having features that might close the gap' to 'so far advanced that the others have been left in the dust'.

I mean, look at this amazing nonsense...

FeiRR
This is huge. He's just told the entire industry that Sony left them behind in a puddle of tears. PC hardware will catch up soon but Xbox... Please understand why our games smell of last gen. Please be excited for a mid-gen refresh in 3 years. Please use the cloud in the meanwhile.
No shit.

Rusco Da Vino
This statement leaves Microsoft and the Series X in a really bad position. Just imagine Phil Spencer reading this.

The backtracking, crow-eating (yet again), claims of press bias and lazy devs when this doesn't turn out to be true will be epic. :)

(Pardon the quote style, I'm reply banned in that thread. :))

Degree

Banned
There are some true cult members on this site. In the 'next gen' thread the PS5 has gone from being 'disappointing', to 'having features that might close the gap' to 'so far advanced that the others have been left in the dust'.

I mean, look at this amazing nonsense...

FeiRR
This is huge. He's just told the entire industry that Sony left them behind in a puddle of tears. PC hardware will catch up soon but Xbox... Please understand why our games smell of last gen. Please be excited for a mid-gen refresh in 3 years. Please use the cloud in the meanwhile.
No shit.

Rusco Da Vino
This statement leaves Microsoft and the Series X in a really bad position. Just imagine Phil Spencer reading this.

The backtracking, crow-eating (yet again), claims of press bias and lazy devs when this doesn't turn out to be true will be epic. :)

(Pardon the quote style, I'm reply banned in that thread. :))

wait.. are these actual posts or just joke posts? Must be the latter. This can't be real.

Oh shit:

And the reply is:
A mid-gen refresh will not fix this

Source: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next...-analysis-leaks-thread.1480978/post-258484341

So, the PS5 is so advanced, that even a mid-gen refresh in 3 years will be worse than PS5 in terms of graphical power. WTF are they smoking? Seriously?!

Last edited:

Bernkastel

New Xbox SSD thread
And the mods closed it.

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
wait.. are these actual posts or just joke posts? Must be the latter. This can't be real.

Oh shit:

And the reply is:

Source: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next...-analysis-leaks-thread.1480978/post-258484341

So, the PS5 is so advanced, that even a mid-gen refresh in 3 years will be worse than PS5 in terms of graphical power. WTF are they smoking? Seriously?!
haha! everyone is reply banned in that thread. The reason the mod gave me for the reply ban was that they thought "I was a edgy teen". Funniest thing I've ever read.

Ascend

Bernkastel

Didn't take long for it to get closed.
disingenuous, deliberately misrepresenting material, burying it amongst technical data
I feel like GAF wants to ban the mention of E18 now, since its faster than the PS5 SSD. Also, they changed my user tag but not these guys.
The intro to drugs

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
A post that has literally nothing to do with console comparison, where the OP never mentions more than one console, is instantly banned bc people crash it for wars. Guess if you just want to talk about what SSD will give you XSX levels of performance you’re fucked

that tag change is Bullshit. Literally saying anything other than MS bad is literally an offense. When talking about the SSD in the XSX in comparison to consumer parts, do you have to put

“IM VEWWY SOWWY EWWY BOWSY, I KNUWU THAT SHTTYXSX ISNT AS STWANG ASBUG OWLE PS5” so that it isn’t misleading? Come the fuck on

Last edited:

turtlepowa

Banned
I feel like GAF wants to ban the mention of E18 now, since its faster than the PS5 SSD. Also, they changed my user tag but not these guys.
Didn't they give you any reason? I got a warning for posting one of GAFs own website advertisements for a g**f game, they said it's a TLOU2 spoiler. Somethimes they are a bit thin-skinned here.

Andodalf

Banned
Seems like we're going in the direction of the old NeoGAF....

Still better than Bish’s bullshit. And they do at least make an effort at moderating everybody now. It doesn’t always feel equitable but it’s a hell of a lot better than back in the day IMO

Degree

Banned

wtf... seriously?

6b7VDXNCTAg3rAd7TfHh7P-1200-80.jpg

It even was confirmed.. wtf? Why is it not allowed to post positive stuff about xbox here? I don't get it

Still better than Bish’s bullshit. And they do at least make an effort at moderating everybody now. It doesn’t always feel equitable but it’s a hell of a lot better than back in the day IMO

not really though, looking at https://www.neogaf.com/bans/ 99% of those console warring bans are xbox related..

you see rarely a Sony ban.. and if, then it's only for a couple of day, like 3-7 days max. with xbox its at least 14 days or straight perm.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Didn't take long for it to get closed.

I honestly couldn't care less for these threads but the double standards are obvious. Saying the Ps5 ssd can support 8k but gpu, or Ps5 is equal to a 3080ti, ps5 is rdna 3 is also disingenuous and yet nobody gets in trouble for that.

Or xsx has no first party games, sod2 demo loads in 11 seconds (although the video clearly shows 7 seconds). But hey its ok. All insiders or people who post something not in favor of Playstation get attacked and ran off and thats ok too.

Ascend

Fortunately the mods are all united in removing trolls and not giving air to this nonsense. Infowars now redirects to consolewars and you own the domain name.
Meh... If we don't watch out we'll end up there again. I don't know how many moderators there are, but, right now in terms of ratios, it seems that 1 favors the Xbox, 2 or 3 are neutral, and 15 favor PS.

The intro to drugs
Fuck off. Saying my Cerny thread was an intro to drug is insulting.

This thread has become a cesspool of bitching and gossiping from soon-to-be-banned members.

Where are the fucking memes for crying out loud?

Last edited:

Redlight

Seems like we're going in the direction of the old NeoGAF....
I've wondered if it's inevitable over time, at least to some degree. After the big bust up this place was reasonably even handed for awhile and certainly more open generally. However the other place is very heavy on the ban-hammer and as posters get weeded out over there, some are likely to drift back to Gaf, adding to the slow degredation in tone.

I also wonder if reporting plays a big part. The most hysterically devoted are also often the most sensitive and given that there's so many Sony fans here, it's quite possible that people who argue against Sony or in favour of Xbox are getting reported heavily (and unfairly) in some threads.

Look at the next-gen thread from the mods point of view; I doubt that they'd waste their time wading through the endless circular arguments in every thread. Maybe they get a bunch of reports about particular posters or posts (usually pro-Xbox) so they reply-ban the seeming offender. This happens repeatedly over time and as the Xbox posters are removed from the discussion the number of reports falls, so it seems that the thread is getting back on track. They may not realise how much of an echo-chamber that thread has become. At this point it's just the 'PS5 speculation, hopes and dreams' thread.

Oh well, at least this thread has become a bit of a sanctuary. :) At least for now.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
No thread on this forum is a bigger embarrassment than the next-gen speculation thread.
Yeah but speculation is a hotbed for embarrassment anyway, what's new?

This is supposed to be about sharing funny memes. The thread isn't supposed to become a meme about how Xbox fans are as paranoid and bitter as the Chad Wardens and Sony Ponies of the internet sphere paint them to be.

Knock off the over embelished antagonism which serves nothing but pour fire on a senseless "war"
No thread on this forum is a bigger embarrassment than the next-gen speculation thread.
100,000+ posts and endorsed by the Mods themselves.

Consider yourselves lucky that everyone else see you guys as the Emos of GAF, so enjoy gossiping and bitching about other GAFFers like a bunch of school girls.

Frederic

Banned

I really thought it was a joke thread at first, but I think people there are serious.

BTW, did you guys get the memo?

apparently, PS5 games will all look way better, and XSX games will look like current gen games, all due to the magical power of the SSD. XSX games will only look better for "jaguar" games. Only true nextgen games on PS5, XSX will still deliver only currentgen games lol

Nope if you believe the XSX with its virtualisation and bloated apis / file systems and slow IO will come close to ps5 for streaming high quality assets its you who has been duped.

I will predict we will see NOTHING close to equivalent image quality on XSX for years, just current gen at higher resolutions and frame rates (You will win DF on those, you will have victories on Jaguar games ), but we will have high quality asset gaming on Ps5 shown in about a week or 2, not long now. You KNOW whats coming dont you.

Also you understand pipeline, faster I/O and assets speeds up part of the pipeline..that 15 % starter has to deal with slower abstraction layers and slower caches (Ghz) .....mmm..

Unreal demo that was shown says the opposite, I predict we wont see anything close to that image quality on XSX for a long time.

XSX will come out ahead for current gen games (made for jaguar and HDD)

For true next gen high asset streaming, made of zen2 and fast SSD games, Ps5 will win comfortably.

This is supposed to be about sharing funny memes. The thread isn't supposed to become a meme about how Xbox fans are as paranoid and bitter as the Chad Wardens and Sony Ponies of the internet sphere paint them to be.
Where is your funny XBOX power meme bro? It has the be the reason you popped in here right?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Where is your funny XBOX power meme bro? It has the be the reason you popped in here right?
No I was making fun of all you serious tryhards getting butthurt about a console instead of reveling in your brand superiority and making funny memes.

When I visit a thread about Xbox power king memes, I'm not visiting to read clandestine, paranoid screeds about Xbox oppression and hidden agendas.

Ascend

No I was making fun of all you serious tryhards getting butthurt about a console instead of reveling in your brand superiority and making funny memes.

When I visit a thread about Xbox power king memes, I'm not visiting to read clandestine, paranoid screeds about Xbox oppression and hidden agendas.
And yet, what you react to is exactly what you claim not to visit the thread for, rather than actually reacting to the memes that were posted, and there were a ton of them. So maybe, rather than whining, react to one of those instead, and bring the thread back on-topic? Just an idea, if that is what you are really actually truly here for.

Fuck you are right.

I was banned for this post:

So, saying:

XBOX SERIES S WILL HOLD BACK XBOX SERIES X!!! is ok.

But saying that for multiplatform games the ssd won’t make that much of difference, because devs won’t optimize their games based on a SSD of a single platform will result in a ban.
yeah right.
I stoped visiting GAF because of this.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
And yet, what you react to is exactly what you claim not to visit the thread for, rather than actually reacting to the memes that were posted, and there were a ton of them. So maybe, rather than whining, react to one of those instead, and bring the thread back on-topic? Just an idea, if that is what you are really actually truly here for.
I'll close the door on my way out. Sorry for interrupting, conspirators I mean hilarious meme makers.

Nothing that happens in this thread doesn't happen in the Spec OT. A number of these guys claim to have been reply banned from the Spec OT, I assume for being Pro-MS (and it really isn't hard for me to see pro-XsX posts getting reported to high heaven), and this is the next logical destination for that type of discussion for them.

There are dozens of pages of memes here. There's been little news from either front for awhile, it is natural for memes to slow down if news is slow.

It's okay, IMO anyway, for this thread to have become the XsX discussion thread considering that the Spec OT has pretty much become the PS5 OT. It works both ways, fair is fair. At least we have space for that kind of discussion among both groups.

Redlight

I guess we're just waiting until the PS5 and Series X have their official events. Who knows? There may be plenty of memes after that. I'm collecting train crash clips just in case. I have a feeling that I'm going to need them.

cireza

Xbox fans keep seething lol

Why don't you guys join hands with your fellow GAFers instead of looking for a devil under every rock? This thread is an embarrassment to the Xbox fanbase and to the forum.
Just having a quick laugh here at the memes, doesn't hurt, and it is concentrated in this single thread ? Does not look so bad in my opinion :messenger_winking:

Threads can be ignored as well. I mean no offense at all of course :)

Last edited:

geordiemp

Unfortunately I won't appreciate these graphics fully because my eyes will be rolled back in my head, as I rub my playstation against my face and make loud purring noises. Or is that my PS5 fan?
I really thought it was a joke thread at first, but I think people there are serious.

BTW, did you guys get the memo?

apparently, PS5 games will all look way better, and XSX games will look like current gen games, all due to the magical power of the SSD. XSX games will only look better for "jaguar" games. Only true nextgen games on PS5, XSX will still deliver only currentgen games lol

Its hard, HZD was 43 GB, now imagine 4 x assets, yes it will look better.

You will see sony first party soon enough.

UE5 demo already looks better than anything that will be possible on XSX, its tough but it is what it is, you can make a power meme out of it of you like.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
There is no way of knowing of that right now.

That kind of rational discourse doesn’t matter here. Just take any thing and then say the craziest shit you want

PS5 won’t have graphics close to XSX, raw GPU horsepower has always been the limiting factor for console graphics, and second is bandwidth. Add in how MS has the best devs, the only ones delivering true 4K 60 AAA first party games, and it’s clear that dominance will continue. It’s tough, but it is what it is

I could go as far as some have said, which is that some devs might not even think it worth porting games to XSX because of how inferior it is, but saying that about PS5 instead is probably ban worthy.

Top Bottom