• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X and S render their home UIs in 1080p, SDR

mitchman

Gold Member
Better take back you tv and exchange it for a new one. On my 75 inch it looks sharp also..

Btw do you realise you can play games on your console and not just stare at your dashboard?.
I never said I can't play on it, I just said the UI looks blurry for me. Same way a 1080p game on this TV would look blurry, but I guess you don't have issues with it so good for you.

Last edited:

v_iHuGi

Banned
Damn people still at this? Honestly it is just a UI.

I believe the problem is the Split Ram pools, 4K UI would require maybe 521mb for some portion, which at this point MS probably won´t let go, since RAM (on SX) is already a concern for many 3rd party devs.

IDappa

I never said I can't play on it, I just said the UI looks blurry for me. Same way a 1080p game on this TV would look blurry, but I guess you don't have issues with it so good for you.
Honestly I don't have a problem with blurriness on the dash it looks sharp, which is why you may have to check your tv's settings or cables.

mitchman

Gold Member
Honestly I don't have a problem with blurriness on the dash it looks sharp, which is why you may have to check your tv's settings or cables.
My settings and cable is fine, perhaps you need to check your eyes? But then again, if 1080p is what you're used to for TV UIs, then it will look sharp for you until you see a UI that is objectively sharper with 4x the amount of pixels.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Damn people still at this? Honestly it is just a UI.

I believe the problem is the Split Ram pools, 4K UI would require maybe 521mb for some portion, which at this point MS probably won´t let go, since RAM (on SX) is already a concern for many 3rd party devs.
Yeah 1080p UI is not a problem, but the constant switch between sdr and hdr is.Simply incasing it in Hdr would fix it.

IDappa

My settings and cable is fine, perhaps you need to check your eyes? But then again, if 1080p is what you're used to for TV UIs, then it will look sharp for you until you see a UI that is objectively sharper with 4x the amount of pixels.
Why would I need to check my eyes when my picture is sharp and yours is not?. Last I heard eye problems don't improve what you are seeing.. I have used higher resolution UI bud and do not think it is necessary, I don't sit their staring at my dashboard, I actually play games on the thing.. 1080 P does the job, it looks good at a lower cost but if you wanna sit their and have a wank at how high res your dashboard is each to their own I suppose.

Top Bottom