• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X still use Batteries for the Controller WTF???

KINGMOKU

Flexibility my ass

I Mean... WTF??!!! In This 2020? Controller still use Batteries AA????

Fuck you Xbox.!!!! People dont wanna waste more money for start to play.... People want Enjoy the new system.

This day and this present year, rechargeable batteries internal is the most basic thing in a controller
I really don't understand your position here. What happens when your controller starts to die? Do you have a second controller fully charged and ready to go, or do you connect a wire to your controller to charge while you play in 2020?

Removable batteries are absolutely the smarter choice as you can just, here comes the shocker, use rechargeable batteries.

I feel like this should be obvious but apparently is some mystery to a few folks out there.

Yeah, it's BS Xbox still using batteries, but their rechargeables suck, so I can see why.

I've been through so many of their rechargeable batteries. They always make my controllers lose connection with the console for some reason

Sorcerer

Obviously, Microsoft wants to push the Elite line of controllers. No rechargeable battery, no paddles on the standard. I expect Sony will also have its version of the Elite as well next gen. Rechargeable for me all the way. I don't mind plugging in a usb cable to charge while I play.

Last edited:

pr0cs

The morons who want internal batteries are also the dummies who wanted Microsoft space bucks converted to dollar values and space bucks abandoned.
I'm convinced of this.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I really don't understand your position here. What happens when your controller starts to die? Do you have a second controller fully charged and ready to go, or do you connect a wire to your controller to charge while you play in 2020?

Removable batteries are absolutely the smarter choice as you can just, here comes the shocker, use rechargeable batteries.

I feel like this should be obvious but apparently is some mystery to a few folks out there.
My message is that Microsoft at least include it in their bundle, it is the least you could do to put the charge and play already with the console. I confess, I also have rechargeable batteries but it is still something that Microsoft should put in the first instance

Last edited:

Dantendo

Neo Member
When will the new controller release? Probably launch day but I'm hoping before then because I want one for PC gaming. I think it looks like a mighty fine controller for PC. Also a fan of the AA's. That's what the Oculus Quest uses. Swapping rechargeables for VR is optimal because you couldn't play if you had to plug them in to charge! So once a week when one of the controllers are dying, I change out both left and right controllers and it takes about 30 seconds lol

Iced Arcade

Play and charge packs shit all over the ghetto battery in the DS4.

While I do think swappable battery packs are leagues ahead, I think the controller without the internal battery should have a lower price tag.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I really hope this thread will remind the OP how fucking stupid this complaint was.

No swappable batteries is the reason i avoided the elite v2.

RobRSG

I have the joy of using an Xbox One controller for one week in a roll with really cheap rechargeable batteries since 2017.

For the DS4, it’s a must to have a second one as the controllers keep tagging fiercely for the charging duty.

thelastword

Banned
There is so many things wrong with this antiquated powering of controllers.....The battery contacts can get loose and you can lose power randomly whilst gaming...Having to switch batteries each time is a pain in this day and age and pretty much no gamer has just 1 controller......Whilst you are playing with one, you can charge multiple others and the convenience of not having loose batteries in your unit and opening the lid of your controller over and over again is inexistent.....

There is so many things wrong with this antiquated powering of controllers.....The battery contacts can get loose and you can lose power randomly whilst gaming...Having to switch batteries each time is a pain in this day and age and pretty much no gamer has just 1 controller......Whilst you are playing with one, you can charge multiple others and the convenience of not having loose batteries in your unit and opening the lid of your controller over and over again is inexistent.....

What? I have a battery charger that attaches directly to my Xbox. Controller battery dies, I pop the battery in the charger, take the other one out and I’m back to gaming. My rechargeable battery usually lasts a week or so for the amount that I play and it takes all of 10 seconds to change it. I honestly wish I could do that with my PS4 controller but as it stands I have two of them. One from my OG PS4 and one from my pro.

Techies

Rechargeable AA Batteries, reliable, easily interchangeable and replaceable after a few years.
I like it, internal batteries will lose their charge over time.

Top Bottom