• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox the voice of the player "i don't miss the disc at all" "i love the new storage and fresh look" "xbox knows me really well"

SpokkX

This REALLY feels out of touch. They dont even MENTION games really...

The voice of this player would want:

1. Best performing console hardware
2. Amazing exlusives
3. All third party games
4. Best controllers and accessories

btw imagine what Nintendo would put in "voice of the player"

1. I can play Nintendo Games
2. uhhh

Last edited:

Aion002

"I fell like Xbox really knows me..."

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

At least you didnt fomo into a series X in 2020 like yours truly.

To be fair i'd like to keep it if its gonna be their last complete console.
I actually wanted to upgrade back in late 2021 but there were very few Series X available in my region and all of them were forced bundles with Forza Horizon 5. Retailers were asking €650 for them so at that point I said screw it. 🤷
Will probably pick an OG Series X if I can get one cheap enough mostly for my physical BC titles that I've already purchased.

Last edited:

AGRacing

Yeah some of those "thoughts" must be resetera folks.

But I will say this... crossplay/save with PC and getting both the PC and Xbox copies of games for one price has personally switched me over in their system. Even cloud gaming seems to work fine the times that I've tried it (still isn't for every kind of game... but good enough for many). I often use cloud for games my kid wants to try before downloading if he's really into it.

So I give them credit for offering a value bonus for that digital switch and I took it.

I use the disc drive for the BC library that Phil swears he wants to protect.

mrcroket

Well, one thing is clear to me, if the industry goes full digital I will go full piracy. And if the industry goes full gaas and always online I will go full retro (or indies).

And for the record I haven't pirated games for a decade (since I could afford to buy them myself).

Last edited:

recursive

Yes, yes. That's absolutely why they want to push digital gaming... and not at all because it destroys the second hand market, and allows them to dictate prices for maximum profit.
I think you missed the statement about supporting a company that backs sustainability. Nothing to do with all digital.

Three

People are laughing at the last one but the thread about starfield having a digital code rather than including a disc got derailed into less plastic discs in oceans and how it's great for the environment. I could genuinely see some of the ardent fans trying to spin no discs as MS being green.

Lokaum D+

This REALLY feels out of touch. They dont even MENTION games really...

The voice of this player would want:

1. Best performing console hardware
2. Amazing exlusives
3. All third party games
4. Best controllers and accessories

btw imagine what Nintendo would put in "voice of the player"

1. I can play Nintendo Games
2. uhhh
Playstation in a nutshell

Last edited:

Mr Moose

People are laughing at the last one but the thread about starfield having a digital code rather than including a disc got derailed into less plastic discs in oceans and how it's great for the environment. I could genuinely see some of the ardent fans trying to spin no discs as MS being green.
WTF how many people were planning on throwing away their disc copies of Starfield?

Three

WTF how many people were planning on throwing away their disc copies of Starfield?

I don't know but that was exactly my thought in that thread too:
I don't know about you but I'm not stupidly throwing game discs in the ocean.

If for some reason I can't sell a physical game for 5$ or give it to somebody who would appreciate it for free I'll just put it in the recycling bin like the shitload of plastic that comes from food containers. This is the worst excuse against physical ownership of games I've read.

Top Bottom