• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox the voice of the player "i don't miss the disc at all" "i love the new storage and fresh look" "xbox knows me really well"

nowhat

Indoctrination commence.... Welcome to the cult:

6H2O31b.jpg
I knew it. Xbox is Plan 9 from Outer Space:

SciFiSat_021.jpg

Fbh

Microsoft executive writing what he imagines people are saying about the product, to then present it and impress other Microsoft executives:
"This one will be a banger for sure guys!!!"
giphy.gif

Last edited:
At least you didnt fomo into a series X in 2020 like yours truly.

To be fair i'd like to keep it if its gonna be their last complete console.
Right there with you bro even after owning a one x i was hyped for it now I'm pretty much done until the Coalition's next game, the way they've treated that studio just pisses me off

Elysium44

Banned
you can see the boredom in their eyes thinking "I am sick of pretending to be nice and excited for these morons to spend money on our products."

It does get tiresome being lied to all the time by people like that. I mean we know they're fake, they know they're fake, and surely they know we know? Just end the charade and stop trying to be all 'fellow kids' with us, it's toe-curlingly cringeworthy.

Elysium44

Banned
This is flat out propaganda tactics. I didn't even mean to read it in a 1984 tone but I did. "I've never liked the disc. The disc have always been a burden. I submit to my overlords. I never liked owning things and now I'm happy."

Yep it's only one step away from claiming no console ever had a disc drive, it's always been purely digital. It's a common propaganda technique to get society to accept massive changes, just keep lying that in fact it's 'always been this way'. Eventually as time passes, this gets written into the history books as fact and future generations are none the wiser.

lefty1117

Gold Member
It looks cheesy in the presentation but if I'm honest the first two points are probably how I'd answer. Honestly speaking I haven't bought physical media in at least 5 years. And I think for many people here, if you look deep into your black hearts you will know this to be true as well

Last edited:

BlackTron

This is so cringy... but I'm surprised they'll actually get with the times and make a controller with a rechargeable battery out of the box... it only took them what, 17 years?

I don't want the rechargable battery but at least it's removable. Nothing really beats AAs which are both rechargeable and standardized

Laieon

This is so cringy... but I'm surprised they'll actually get with the times and make a controller with a rechargeable battery out of the box... it only took them what, 17 years?

Controllers with replaceable batteries >>>>>>>> Controllers with rechargable batteries that aren't easily replaceable and the battery inevitable gets worse the longer you use it.

It's 2023, just get some eneloops and call it a day. Xbox's current controllers are vastly more consumer friendly than the alternatives.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I don't understand their approach or where they get their data on what their consumers want. Seriously, who is telling them that sustainability sells consoles? Or that console consumers really care what MS supports on social issues AT ALL?

Twitter

BlackTron

Wanted to see Xbox go rechargeable batteries years ago (ps3 had it).

My PS3 controllers are dead and need a cable, the 360s are still working on PC. You can get rechargable AA batteries at the store, I've been using them since 2006. 2002 Wavebirds still work on Switch too

Audiophile

I've always liked the simple "great new price!" or "same great price!"

As if it's up to them to tell me. It's also totally pointless.

There are plenty of marketing tactics that work well, but sticking "great" next to "price" ain't doing a thing; and if anything, the general vibe this relays to the consumer is that the company likes sniffing their own farts.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I don't understand their approach or where they get their data on what their consumers want. Seriously, who is telling them that sustainability sells consoles? Or that console consumers really care what MS supports on social issues AT ALL?
No one is telling them that. That is the narrative they themselves are concocting and presenting it as authentic with the aim of sowing it online via their online agents.

Because the actual narrative would be: this is wank compared to the PS5 Pro, the pricing is a abysmal compared to the PS5 DE, the disc drive is abysmal and shows that Xbox never truly cared about backwards compatibility/ownership/game preservation.

I don’t care about the disc drive because Xbox have made digital ownership so great’ give me a break :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Unknown?

Giving me tons of options, by taking away an option of buying physical
Yeah it's like Apple now. Tell you why you don't need removable batteries, headphone jacks, and all the other lost features.

Also this cripples backwards compatibility.

Last edited:

Unknown?

Controllers with replaceable batteries >>>>>>>> Controllers with rechargable batteries that aren't easily replaceable and the battery inevitable gets worse the longer you use it.

It's 2023, just get some eneloops and call it a day. Xbox's current controllers are vastly more consumer friendly than the alternatives.
That's from an Xbox 360 era slide. Get with the times!

Also it's supposed to be swappable which is actually great.

Drew1440

Nope, stick with rechargeable AA's, you can get recharge battery packs anyway if you prefer.
These corporations are so out of touch it isn’t even funny. The VAST majority of gamers don’t care about environmental sustainability…. they want you to make good games lol.
They're not appealing to gamers, it's more for investors who are big on this stuff.

Gambit2483

I mean when 70% of your hardware sales are for the digital only version and the disc version struggles to ever put up decent software sales...does anyone here even actually buy Xbox games physically?

Top Bottom