• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Twitter/X Just Confirmed Their Biggest Games Will Be Multiplatform

I'm extremely cautious about what they actually mean here, because it's Xbox, and they do a lot of doublespeak. They could be referring to their biggest games, and we know what they are...though for now I doubt any will be multi-console Day 1.

Or...they could be referring to 3P games like GTA6, in which case no duh they will be multiplatform (although not Day 1 PC for GTA6). Wouldn't be a reason to be referring to that though in the context of a tweet on Xbox's own games going multiplat. So I'm inclined to think they did in a way accidentally confirm stuff like Starfield, Indiana Jones, Hellblade 2 etc. will be coming to other consoles.

OR...they could know something we don't and by some stroke of an unneeded self-inflicted gunshot to the abdomen, Sony and/or Nintendo are bringing one of their big tentpole 1P games to Xbox. Could be that Until Dawn remake, could be Wii Music, could be something else...I highly doubt it'd be anything from Nintendo and I'd certainly like to think that Sony wouldn't be doing similar (they have no reason to business-wise), but these days I can't ever fully be certain.

OOOORR...they could be referring to other platform holder's games but nothing beyond the scope of what's already on Xbox. So with Sony for example that would just mean more MLB The Show releases, Destiny 2 updates and Marathon when that's ready (and that will be a big deal once it launches, it's Bungie). That wouldn't be any different from Sony's current strategy especially when it comes to GaaS titles, but again that has little context when the tweet in question is about Microsoft's own games and I strongly doubt Sony or Nintendo would want another platform holder to tease about games coming from them to Xbox in a way that's not on Sony or Nintendo's own terms.

So yeah I guess the simplest answer would be the correct one here, and Xbox done goofed indirectly confirming there are a lot more (& bigger) ports coming to PlayStation & Nintendo beyond these four smaller games.

They are not going back to one platform & their biggest fight is going to be getting people to buy games from their storefront vs Steam , Apple , Android & PlayStation.

Activision / King is just leverage & security

Steam should actually be worried about what's coming because Microsoft is about to fight for position on PC after Steam saved PC gaming from piracy.

As they should. MS let themselves get distracted by consoles out of a fear that never even materialized, and they lost a market that by all accounts should've been theirs (PC gaming), and in fact was theirs during the '90s.

At least they could take their console experience from the past two decades and apply it to the PC market. Plus it'd be nice for Steam to get better with stronger competition (just as long as MS don't stoop to the anticompetitive BS they did in the '80s and '90s with Windows to push out competitors like Netscape).

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Some of you need to learn to read

Took this long for someone to post some sense
Stop it, get out of the pot.

If people are having a hard time accepting this then just wait for the new hardware announcements.

images

Kacho

I know we here to debate, but Phill is the only one that can clean this up if he wants.
How do you mean? The choice has been made. There’s no turning back.

Xbox leadership knows theres no way to save Xbox hardware, even with exclusives. They’re on their way out as a competitor in the hardware space.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How do you mean? The choice has been made. There’s no turning back.

Xbox leadership knows theres no way to save Xbox hardware, even with exclusives. They’re on their way out as a competitor in the hardware space.
He did warn the fanbase and investors that even 11/10 games were not going to move the needle for them.

It is all making sense now.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Some of you need to learn some critical thinking skills. Bethesda got PS5 dev kits to only port over Hifi Rush, Grounded, and Pentiment? Is that what you really believe?
No, I'm sure more games are coming, but this isn't them announcing their biggest games will be multiplatform.

They're saying the biggest games in the industry are multiplatform.

As if they're really gonna deny Starfield and Indiana Jones then reverse a week later.

onQ123

No one will care what the super duper next xbox will be. People hardly care now. Its so naive to think a powerful next gen system, or handheld, is going to change the current trajectory. The damage is done. They're clearly going a different route, relying less on hardware, which is fine. Die hard xbox fans just need to accept that.

I'm extremely cautious about what they actually mean here, because it's Xbox, and they do a lot of doublespeak. They could be referring to their biggest games, and we know what they are...though for now I doubt any will be multi-console Day 1.

Or...they could be referring to 3P games like GTA6, in which case no duh they will be multiplatform (although not Day 1 PC for GTA6). Wouldn't be a reason to be referring to that though in the context of a tweet on Xbox's own games going multiplat. So I'm inclined to think they did in a way accidentally confirm stuff like Starfield, Indiana Jones, Hellblade 2 etc. will be coming to other consoles.

OR...they could know something we don't and by some stroke of an unneeded self-inflicted gunshot to the abdomen, Sony and/or Nintendo are bringing one of their big tentpole 1P games to Xbox. Could be that Until Dawn remake, could be Wii Music, could be something else...I highly doubt it'd be anything from Nintendo and I'd certainly like to think that Sony wouldn't be doing similar (they have no reason to business-wise), but these days I can't ever fully be certain.

OOOORR...they could be referring to other platform holder's games but nothing beyond the scope of what's already on Xbox. So with Sony for example that would just mean more MLB The Show releases, Destiny 2 updates and Marathon when that's ready (and that will be a big deal once it launches, it's Bungie). That wouldn't be any different from Sony's current strategy especially when it comes to GaaS titles, but again that has little context when the tweet in question is about Microsoft's own games and I strongly doubt Sony or Nintendo would want another platform holder to tease about games coming from them to Xbox in a way that's not on Sony or Nintendo's own terms.

So yeah I guess the simplest answer would be the correct one here, and Xbox done goofed indirectly confirming there are a lot more (& bigger) ports coming to PlayStation & Nintendo beyond these four smaller games.

As they should. MS let themselves get distracted by consoles out of a fear that never even materialized, and they lost a market that by all accounts should've been theirs (PC gaming), and in fact was theirs during the '90s.

At least they could take their console experience from the past two decades and apply it to the PC market. Plus it'd be nice for Steam to get better with stronger competition (just as long as MS don't stoop to the anticompetitive BS they did in the '80s and '90s with Windows to push out competitors like Netscape).

The fear of PlayStation taking over the living room replacing the home PC lol

Funny because while MS & Sony was fighting for the TV the other companies took over the house & outside , Amazon, Google , Facebook & Apple.

He did warn the fanbase and investors that even 11/10 games were not going to move the needle for them.

It is all making sense now.

Yet their content is available to millions upon millions of PCs , laptops and cloud. The content hasn’t been consistently good enough, that’s the problem.

They talk more about where and how you play compared to what you play.

What kind of return do they expect from releasing these games on Switch and PlayStation?

If you can’t sort out your levels of quality in the content then it’s pointless. You risk minimal return whilst also devaluing your own hardware products in the process

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I can't even find their Twitter, just takes me to a troll imitator. Then again, I muted him and he blocked me, so I probably can't find them.

Actually, I think he deleted his Twitter profile :/

I found it. Nothing of value (like anyone is surprised).

Oh, and it looks like he's writing some stupid-ass book.

My final FOSS Patents post: thanks again for your interest in my views​

As I already indicated in the previous post, after all those years I have decided to move on in various ways. It's the year of new horizons for me.
This post is my final one on FOSS Patents. There is a possibility that others than me will maintain and contribute to this blog in the future. It will remain available as an archive for a transitional period.

I'm now, starting in a few days, going to be writing a book on the Microsoft-ActivisionBlizzard merger saga. I will do so in a beautiful place with excellent weather and in a quiet environment. That book project--my first one in decades--is going to essentially require my full attention until it's done. Given that I played Activision games in the 1980s, worked for Blizzard in the 1990s, opposed and thereby delayed a merger in the late 2000s, and played Candy Crush in the 2010s, I just want to write that book. And it's not going to be put under a Creative Commons license, by the way.

I hope his book includes the story about how he was so retarded that he shared a screenshot on NeoGAF as SoloKingRobert SoloKingRobert where he was logged in to his FOSSPatents Twitter account. Not that I'll read the book anyway, mind you. But I want the few people who read that book to understand how dumb he actually is.

Last edited:
Steam should actually be worried about what's coming because Microsoft is about to fight for position on PC after Steam saved PC gaming from piracy.
Haha yea I'm sure Steam is very worried about what MS is about to do. Good Luck to MS. I'm sure they'll be the ones to accomplish what no one else has been able to do. I'm positive PC users will embrace the failed UWP that MS refuses to let go regardless of how little people give a shit about it.

Top Bottom