• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Wire - The biggest Xbox console launch ever, including 70% Game Pass attach rate

Flintty

Other than GP attach rate, the main point here is the number of new Xbox players picking up an S. Sounds like it’s doing it’s job.

Drewpee

Banned
Not too surprising with the Gamepass figures, the hardcore generally jump in first of course. Really wish they'd give numbers. They're obviously good and shouldn't hide them just because they're less than Sonys

The most ever games played in a launch is funny

I hope they never go back to revealing sales numbers. It has no purpose other than being used as ammo by fanboys.

Outrunner

Good to them. Not sure how much that is in console sales, but Microsoft is in it for the subscriptions not for the hardware sales. So... Congrats!🥳

Jigga117

Attachment rates don’t matter as much as last gen for MS. Anyone trying to downplay what they are doing is living in the past. One company during the last gen became trillion dollars worth and with Xcloud and other alternative capabilities, it will keep growing. They are not limited and haven’t been limited to just hardware consoles. Some just need to accept that.

xbox one sold over a million at launch at a 500$ price point.
Launches always go well.You gotta see how it does in the upcoming months.

reinking

Gold Member
My $1 gamepass trial expired and I am not paying full price for ultimate gamepass as the value isn't there for me. Gamepass is most valuable when there is 1st party new AAA I.p. dropping day and date and tell me what game there is to look forward to coming in the next year even. Halo? Maybe. So I'm one of the 30% that did not bother attaching my new system to Gamepass.
Nothing wrong with that. When my Ultimate expires in March am only going to sub for months I am playing games that use the service.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My ultimate expired and I was able to buy a year of regular Gold and then convert it all for $15 for a total of 13 months.

Not sure if that’s an option for some of you but it was still way cheaper than buying it the regular way.

Andodalf

Banned
Is there any console launch ever where more different games have been played?

The only other launches with the metrics available would be the One, PS4, and Switch launches, and they lacked BC, so no. PS5 could compete but it has a bit less BC and less emphasis on it.

onesvenus

lol this is classic. Neogaf in a nutshell -

'Over a million, it doesnt sound a lot'
Finishes reading article and sees Sony did the same
'Oh, its actually a great number!
:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yeah, your comment is classic Neogaf, you are right.
I said that a million worldwide in 24 hours is less than what I thought were good numbers. I thought a million in 24 hours worldwide was always a given. Be it Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo or whoever.

You expected higher? You don't know how many they sold, they gave a minimum.
But that's less than 2 million for sure.

DavidGzz

70 percent is huge considering people like me aren't counted since I have it paid off till 2023. Also, there are 15 mil subscribers and over 50 millions consoles out there so 70 is a lot higher than it's been.

Megatron

Not bad if you believe the marketing, but with no numbers these kind of statements are virtually useless.
Why? They said it’s the best selling Xbox console ever so far. If you think they are lying about that why would you suddenly believe them if they gave numbers? Couldn’t they lie about those too?

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Credit where credit is due, Xbox have put out an outstanding piece of kit. It’s undoubtedly their most successful launch in terms of hardware sell through. It’s a real shame that they couldn’t get any 1st party titles through at launch. The demand is real. I struggled for a good while to grab a XSX.

Dr Bass

Why? They said it’s the best selling Xbox console ever so far. If you think they are lying about that why would you suddenly believe them if they gave numbers? Couldn’t they lie about those too?

He might be alluding to the fact that it's a worldwide launch when I don't think previous Xbox consoles had that. So "best ever" could be misleading. Is it the best ever in the US? MS is just not giving numbers so how can we know what it all even means?

It's all kinda moot anyway. All of these new systems are supply constrained right now, so it doesn't matter.

Megatron

He might be alluding to the fact that it's a worldwide launch when I don't think previous Xbox consoles had that. So "best ever" could be misleading. Is it the best ever in the US? MS is just not giving numbers so how can we know what it all even means?

It's all kinda moot anyway. All of these new systems are supply constrained right now, so it doesn't matter.
True. Anecdotedly, it wasn’t hard finding XB1’s at launch last time. This is significantly harder it seems.

Dnice123

My $1 gamepass trial expired and I am not paying full price for ultimate gamepass as the value isn't there for me. Gamepass is most valuable when there is 1st party new AAA I.p. dropping day and date and tell me what game there is to look forward to coming in the next year even. Halo? Maybe. So I'm one of the 30% that did not bother attaching my new system to Gamepass.
Considering that you can get convert your XBox Live Gold 1:1 towards Gamepass Ultimate its a no brainer. Are you not subscribed to XB Live?

Lmao who the fuck is buying these consoles without gamepass?

Break this down for me, the way I understood, if, let's say there were no GP right..I couldn't play AC, WD, NBA2K, COD, back compat library, 1st party MS joints, 3rd party and whatever that's out there on X|S ?..like WTF are ya talking about??!!

I see this shit in every MS thread from salty haters neckbeard bums (not saying you are, you're NOT delusional lvl like many out here) that have no intentions in MS brand whatsoever or purchasing an X in any shape or form.

• Triggered
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
Break this down for me, the way I understood, if, let's say there were no GP right..I couldn't play AC, WD, NBA2K, COD, back compat library, 1st party MS joints, 3rd party and whatever that's out there on X|S ?..like WTF are ya talking about??!!

I see this shit in every MS thread from salty haters neckbeard bums (not saying you are, you're NOT delusional lvl like many out here) that have no intentions in MS brand whatsoever or purchasing an X in any shape or form.

Oh stop crying.

Top Bottom