• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox World Rumor: Xbox 720 Devkit Specs Detailed, Includes 16-Core Processor

The GPU is the only thing that seems like more than developers have hinted at to me over the last year. It could be a smart move though, if the smaller process and wafer size reduces heat and power requirements.

Sidenote: any rumor of current specs that lists anything other than x86 is extremely suspect. Anything mentioning non-AMD parts is also suspect. I'm sure they're going back and forth like crazy over cost right now, and that might mean the memory numbers won't be finalized til just before announcement. Which I've also heard is coming sooner than most people think, though that tidbit was based on a totally off the cuff exchange.

So Durango and PS4 won`t go the Wii route?

eso76

If its uses 8000 tech and has dedicated gpu, it can reach high 4T mark. And thats... 16x-20x more power than x360, not counting more efficient design. If this is true, this will trully be the thing Crytek wanted [jump from Far Cry 1 to Crysis].

Forget my post, for some reason i completely misread that 4t+/5t as 4x / 5x faster (than Xbox360).
I couldn't understand how those specs would only make the console run 5x faster than x360. Heh.

Now, that's more like it, that's the kind of fake rumors i like to read.

AndyH

Neo Member
Last I heard the 8 cores were running at 1.6ghz. There was another Durango event recently and if I remember correctly developers were encouraged to go for 1080p@30fps or 720p@60fps. Take from that what you will. From the previous Durango event earlier in the year the target release date was Q4 2013 with the possibility of a slip to Q1 2014. That info is pretty old now so I will probably ask for an update on that front.

McHuj

Last I heard the 8 cores were running at 1.6ghz. There was another Durango event recently and if I remember correctly developers were encouraged to go for 1080p@30fps or 720p@60fps. Take from that what you will. From the previous Durango event earlier in the year the target release date was Q4 2013 with the possibility of a slip to Q1 2014. That info is pretty old now so I will probably ask for an update on that front.

What about the GPU? but 1080p/30fps doesn't sound promising.

antonz

That rumor is hilarious. If Nintendo ended up with a 7XXX series GPU MS and Sony suddenly using an 8XXX series wouldn't make the Nintendo console seem obsolete at all.

Im guessing this guy took the E6760 thing and ran with it.

JordanN

Banned
That rumor is hilarious. If Nintendo ended up with a 7XXX series GPU MS and Sony suddenly using an 8XXX series wouldn't make the Nintendo console seem obsolete at all.

Maybe they want DirectX 12?

But then stuff like UE4/Agni's would go to waste. Oh the irony.

What, why? The series from which a certain gpu is, does not tell us that much about power.

misterxmedia also wrote this:

I fed up with Sonyboys

It is funny to see all over the net how Sonyboys think next PS4 will have more power then Xbox.

All AMD rumours considering 8000 series goes for "PS4 will have this, not xbox".
Hello? Don't you know AMD 7xxx and 8xxx architecture is MS&AMD project started back in 2007. MS and AMD will make AMD rise again. MS & AMD have all developers now work with their vision in mind considering future evolution in 3d tech.

Sony will get simmilar to PC standart components with lower effecincy per watt.
MS will get the best tech for a console. Sony don't need that power tech because they allready know they will be profitable next-gen but will have not the biggest marketshare. Not the best offers customers will be interested in. SOny have no money to create the best next gen this time.

Sony is stagnating:

- they cuts their studios,
- they cuts their PR software team,
- Sony have problesm with PS Vita,
- Sony have problems with PSN,
- Sony have problems with exclusives sales,
- Sony have problems with MOVE,
- Sony have problems with future vision - creation all common univerce - Phone + Tablets + TV + Media + Games + Natural UI = all integratied havieally with each other = ALL_COMMON_UNIVERSE as i call it,
- Sony have problems with cash flow,
- Sony have no problems with talks about how is everything fine in their kingdom.
- there was a state from gaikkai owner that soneone from Sony or MS or NIN could not release next gen console. That was 2 mounth before Sony buy them.

eso76

What about the GPU? but 1080p/30fps doesn't sound promising.

this could mean 1080p @30fps as a minimum standard, which automatically become 60fps when you set the console to output at 720p.
Wouldn't mind that at all.

antonz

Gemüsepizza;42703242 said:
What, why? The series from which a certain gpu is, does not tell us that much about power.

Well even the weakest available 7XXX series card would be a considerable amount of power. Yes the 8XXX series card could would perform better but it would simply be a case of different settings on PC type comparison.

ekim

I heard that the nextbox will feature a 256 core kabini cpu, a 19890 gpu and 128 gigs of ram.

Wait. I've traveled too far back in time.

Well even the weakest available 7XXX series card would be a considerable amount of power. Yes the 8XXX series card could would perform better but it would simply be a case of different settings on PC type comparison.

What if it is a underclocked variant of the weakest 7xxx chip? Clockspeed is important, too. And when I look at the tiny Wii U case, I have a hard time believing they put powerful hardware in it. I don't think the PS4 and Xbox 3 will have a problem here, because they usually have much bigger cases and therefore more room for cooling.

my rumor: 16 core with a 10 meg pipe

Just noticed Sony has a lot of problems lol, and I'm guessing misterxmedia is a strong Xbox fan.

Definetly lol:
Misterxmedia: Neogaf is full of gamers who don't know what is coming in the future. MS their enemy number 1. But don't be fooled by those angry opinions. They just angry because MS steeled the thunder from Sony this gen. They will always fight every little cons MS have to dead. That is their war. They have much more to prove to theirselfs. Lets leave them alone with each other. Sure they will fight the truth inside a lie.

Enjoy beautiful night Forza Horizon. Unbelievable graphics.

ekim

Most of you guys forget about the fact that you also have to be able to use all the raw power. Low level optimizations can give serious boosts to your performance - but if you don't know where to turn the knobs you end up with an idle system. More power is good but so is a good API and "open" hardware. (That's why most multiplatform titles perform worse on the ps3)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
all the talk about microsoft and sony trying to make nintendo look obsolete strikes me as incredibly arrogant and distasteful.

nintendo isn't sega, the sooner both companies realise that nintendo won't be going out of business or dropping out of the console market, the better it will be for them. they should compete among themselves while at the same time trying to entice nintendo only owners to their consoles.

i mean honestly, do they really think a company that has pokemon among other very popular series is going anywhere any time soon? what are they thinking, both companies don't have a single series that is as popular or sells as much as pokemon. get off your high horse guys, you look pathetic.

It also could be utter tosh, I highly doubt Sony or MS would "ring" each other to do such a thing because either one could be lying, you don't put plans on hold like that for an E3 presentation because your competitor thinks it is a good idea.

Reading his blog hurts my brain, I imagine English isn't his native language but his views are so obviously one sided.

Sid

Jesus H CHRIST on a Bonfire! You are absolute and unequivocally correct! Him and Santiagoflores were such clowns.
Yeah most of the 360 exclusives from his 2009 list haven't even been out yet lol,these specs are absurd.

Veronica

Banned
I don't know what that guy is getting at. GAF has tons of diehard MS fans and a strong Halo community. Hell, Halo news is usually hinted at or revealed here first.

I practically spent all my teenage years playing Halo with my brother and the guys and will always remember it as the best gaming memories of my life. 1 more month till H4!

TheOddOne

I don't know what that guy is getting at. GAF has tons of diehard MS fans and a strong Halo community. Hell, Halo news is usually hinted at or revealed here first.

I practically spent all my teenage years playing Halo with my brother and the guys and will always remember it as the best gaming memories of my life. 1 more month till H4!
Halo fans = MS fans?

Eh, no.

DrWong

no chance in hell. five years maybe and that would be steam not sony/ms. I do think they both will have cloud demos in a few years.
I think it will be more than just demos. I've heard that Gakai is working (packaging) on the PS3 library with a next mid-year deadline. It wouldn't surprise me if PS4 back-compatibility was done by the cloud, with perhaps also some use for the Vita and their TV/tablet devices.

i-Lo

It's going to one hell of an E3 next year for MS. I just hope it won't introduced by people flailing their bodies mindlessly to show off kinect2. I must say that they have alienated people who own plasmas (such as myself) and live in small apartments at least when it comes to games and functionalities pertaining to K2.

he is at teamxbox a lot.

He goes by the name theseeker these days.

He posts once in a blue moon here on neogaf also.

He has an account here....? One that hasn't been banned already!? 0_o

What is his username?

Proelite

It's going to one hell of an E3 next year for MS. I just hope it won't introduced by people flailing their bodies mindlessly to show off kinect2. I must say that they have alienated people who own plasmas (such as myself) and live in small apartments at least when it comes to games and functionalities pertaining to K2.

Next E3 is going to blow people away.

i-Lo

Next E3 is going to blow people away.

Yes, I assume it would but here's me hoping that they don't try to pull the wool over our eyes with what was done with EA's madden promotion with pre-rendered cutscenes. The BS really needs to be torn to shreds.

Proelite

Yes, I assume it would but here's me hoping that they don't try to pull the wool over our eyes with what was done with EA's madden promotion with pre-rendered cutscenes. The BS really needs to be torn to shreds.

Sony doesn't need to this time around.

i-Lo

Sony doesn't need to this time around.

Not talking about Sony per se. Although I assume they've learned their lesson after the fiasco with KZ2 CG trailer. The manufacturers have this desire to show what next gen games would (and perhaps could) look like (after multiple years of the console's existence) and in the event show things that are utterly fraudulent.

I hope they and the third parties stick real time demos.

He has an account here....? One that hasn't been banned already!? 0_o

What is his username?

i think it's nasos_333 also

charsace

"Details" :
- MS doesent have hw ready now [hw may change], but their SDK will apparently be very easy to use
- MS contacted every hw company, tested everything and wants to pick combination that will not strain both themseves and consumers
- MS debated long about do they want to remain visually strong in the later years of x720 lifecycle
- When MS and Sony found out that Nintendo switched from 5000 to 7000, they both decided to do big upgrade. They both had 6xxx gpus in APU+Dedicated GPU configuratio
- MS changed more hw than Sony
- 20nm [again with that number, not a mistake in original article] will be used only for dedicated GPU

I dont know... The whole thing with 7000 gpu in WiiU draws this rumor into the ground. Nintendo themselves told that GPU supports only dx10.1 [4000 series].

Still think its fake, but something similar [slower & older] may be in final version if MS wants to make powerhouse.

Intel will never end up in MS console after Xbox1.
You can pretty much say the same thing about nvidia. MS and ATI have worked closely since nvidia fucked over ms with the first xbox.

Smells like 700$ +

shut-up-and-take-my-money11.jpeg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mistexmedia = REI-ROM. There's no other explanation.

It's all there, down to new iteration of EMUALLSYSTEMS now becoming ALL_COMMON_UNIVERSE. Since this is probably true, it's worth noting that the guy never had absolutely any clue about anything, or connections anywhere.

Top Bottom