• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 official Japanese twitter account and website thread

New tweet:
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/912936736166002688

バトル中、ドライバーとブレイドを繋いでいるヒモのようなもの、これが「キズナ」ですも! このヒモが、ブレイドからドライバーに力が送られていることを表していますも。 実は、キズナの色や長さによっていろんなことが起こるんですが、それはまたの機会にご紹介しますも!

DKtmdgfUIAIGPQp.jpg

DKtmdhRUMAACxuF.jpg

random25

It seems the length, color and the thickness of the cord depends on the bond between the blade and the driver.

...based from the rough bing translation.

Netto-kun

During battle there is this string-looking thing that links a Driver and a Blade together. This is "Bond"*-mo!
This string shows that a Blade is sending power/energy** to a Driver-mo.
By the way, various things will happen depending on such things as the color or length of the "Bond". But I will find another opportunity to talk about that-mo!

*Expect something different for the localized verison.
**...whichever you prefer, lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
That's an interesting way to do affinity. I wonder if it only exists in this form now or if they'll still have it for NPCs as well.

Arynio

The light of the game has improved notably since it was first revealed. Never doubt Monolith Soft. I can't wait for this game!

DMiz

That last screenshot just looks simply phenomenal. The richness of that green grass is simply a joy to behold.

Just even imagining having this on the go, although I will undoubtedly want to play this more on the big screen similar to Zelda, still blows my mind. Can't wait until December 1st...! Thankfully, Mario will fill the void until then.

Fireblend

Banned
Agggh I want this game right now. It looks so good. I thought the line of light between Drivers and their Blades were just visual fluff but it makes sense to integrate it as part of an affinity mechanic. Clever stuff.

Akai

Agggh I want this game right now. It looks so good. I thought the line of light between Drivers and their Blades were just visual fluff but it makes sense to integrate it as part of an affinity mechanic. Clever stuff.

As the light changes color from blue to yellow mid-battle, I think comparing it to the tension system is more appropriate than affinity. That is, unless you can only get to higher levels of tension if you have a high enough bond between Driver and Blade...

Fireblend

Banned
As the light changes color from blue to yellow mid-battle, I think comparing it to the tension system is more appropriate than affinity. That is, unless you can only get to higher levels of tension if you have a high enough bond between Driver and Blade...

Oh, I meant affinity in general terms, not in the Xenoblade gameplay mechanics lingo, haha.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

takriel

seeing that particular in this new picture really tell us who's focusing the topic only on one aspect of the character design, honestly

Why else would there be a heart on her butt if not to draw attention to it? This is getting more and more ridiculous. Beautiful landscape, though.

DemWalls

Subjective my friend. If people prefer the original, does that mean they just have shit taste?

I thought it was clear that that post wasn't meant to be taken too seriously. I actually find interesting how some people seem so put off by Pyra's design (and/or Rex's, for that matter).

MomoQca

Uraya looks be-yoo-tiful. I can't wait to explore that area.

Why else would there be a heart on her butt if not to draw attention to it? This is getting more and more ridiculous. Beautiful landscape, though.

I didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out.

200.gif

Uraya looks fantastic and the smooth transition into the medieval town in the distance is simply wonderful, I love how they twist the "Bioluminescent Forest" theme in these games. It's always so otherworldly every time they do it. While Xenoblade X was wonderful for its open endedness and had amazing landmarks in its own right, the more pointed experience proves that it has a lot of merits.

Netto-kun

I'll be busy with playing Trails of Cold Steel 3 from now on... :p.
There is a vast cave that spreads through the Titan Uraya's interior-mo. During daytime faint sunlight shines through certain parts of the Titan's back. But when it becomes night the luminescence vegetation creates this wondrous view-mo! Especially here on "Blue Quay" that is Monopon's favorite landmark-mo!

Top Bottom