• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 official Japanese twitter account and website thread

Lutherian

This game will be GOTY if you can kill every single nopon. No more Tatsu. Never.

I'd rather play Star Ocean: The Last Hope and Till the End of Time than play another game with this flippin' furball.

Lutherian

Why u hate on nopon lol. They are so fluffy.

Tatsu made me hate XenoX (well, him and the "traitor who betrays mankind for letting his family die on Earth and joins the aliens to get it's revenge. He joined the very same aliens who... destroyed the Earth and killed his family". Who wrote this shit ?!).

I had a blast with the game but started to get annoyed real fast with Tatsu, it didn't got any better in the game. This character was useless, wasn't a party member but the game forces his presence, had no interresting dialogues, no interresting story... gargl.

Dice//

Banned
Why u hate on nopon lol. They are so fluffy.

Tatsu specifically definitely sucks. He was basically a one-note joke about not/being eaten.
Something's wrong if that's the only thing I can remember.

The Nopon otherwise were great and loved seeing them in better graphic quality than XBC could offer. They're so cute and industrious!

"traitor who betrays mankind for letting his family die on Earth and joins the aliens to get it's revenge. He joined the very same aliens who... destroyed the Earth and killed his family". Who wrote this shit ?!).

Oh yeah that too.

Honestly? The best part of XBX's plot was probably going down the rabbit hole on side quests. Those were a lot more fun and interesting. Hard to comment on the actual plot otherwise because (1) what WAS there was not at all good and (2) it's pretty clearly incomplete (I feel it's still up in the air right now whether or not they go 'back to it' with Xenoblade 2 taking priority right now). Also I was super disappointed for a game with so many alien races, you basically only played with the peeps the closest resembled humans...what a bummer.

Ah well, that alien doc brown with a cool car was a fun/weird reference. :p
maxresdefault.jpg

DMiz

While I'm appreciative of some of hte localization changes - I think making the connection to the seven sins a little less overt is a good one - there are others that I'm not as happy with.

Pyra and Poppi are fine, but overly obscuring the point of the 'simplicity' of their names seems a bit too overworked. Regardless, it's still a good effort.

I feel that Tatsu would have been better off if he was tied to the Avatar instead of Lin, the Avatar was the one who saved him anyway, it would have made sense Tatsu was their responsibility. I understand the decision on some level, since Lin and Tatsu are the same age thus giving them a basis for their relationship with each other compared to the mostly adult BLADEs. But when you have a silent protagonist, I think a character like Tatsu would have made a decent proxy of sorts, outside of the story, he could have given your smaller choices more meaning by adding his own perspective and by being an inspiring merchant, probably could help in negotiation with NPCs. It also would help to give him some gameplay relevance, like maybe instead of letting you borrow the guiding ball, he is the one who directly uses it, or in battle he distracts monsters for a moment. I like Tatsu as a character and we do learn a few things about him, but the gag surrounding him was used too frequently for me.

(well, him and the "traitor who betrays mankind for letting his family die on Earth and joins the aliens to get it's revenge. He joined the very same aliens who... destroyed the Earth and killed his family". Who wrote this shit ?!).

While Lao was definitely angry about the loss of his family, it was my understanding that what truly had him turn traitor was his discovery that none of their real bodies had been saved and his belief that only the consciousness of the select few had been saved. Lao then decided that humanity had already gone extinct and resented BLADE for selling a false hope more than the Ganglion for killing them. Of course, he may have known that everyones consciousness was actually saved, including his family, but Lao felt that the loss of the body was also the loss of the the spirit, when Elma leaves him alive Lao continues to think of his family as dead. Lao lost his family, wanted to die, and with this information, wanted to take the rest of humanity with him.

Neiteio

So the News section on Switch posted the four music tracks that were shared here earlier.

Previously I said I liked only the first and fourth one. I want to apologize to the second and third one. I gave them a proper listen, and they're GREAT.

Bring on the complete soundtrack!

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Tatsu made me hate XenoX (well, him and the "traitor who betrays mankind for letting his family die on Earth and joins the aliens to get it's revenge. He joined the very same aliens who... destroyed the Earth and killed his family". Who wrote this shit ?!).

I had a blast with the game but started to get annoyed real fast with Tatsu, it didn't got any better in the game. This character was useless, wasn't a party member but the game forces his presence, had no interresting dialogues, no interresting story... gargl.

He just wanted to practice making an HD game so he put some bullshit story together. You won't ever have to worry about the Xeno X series, story, or characters again.

Reki

He just wanted to practice making an HD game so he put some bullshit story together. You won't ever have to worry about the Xeno X series, story, or characters again.

Kojima said:
Come to think of it, Takahashi-san wrote a lot. I've worked with Takahashi-san for a long time, but this was the first time I've seen him write so much for a game's plot. It was as if he was writing a novel.

And don't worry, we'll have XCX-2. This could be the first time he is allowed to develop his space opera as intended; just give them some time.

While Lao was definitely angry about the loss of his family, it was my understanding that what truly had him turn traitor was his discovery that none of their real bodies had been saved and his belief that only the consciousness of the select few had been saved. Lao then decided that humanity had already gone extinct and resented BLADE for selling a false hope more than the Ganglion for killing them. Of course, he may have known that everyones consciousness was actually saved, including his family, but Lao felt that the loss of the body was also the loss of the the spirit, when Elma leaves him alive Lao continues to think of his family as dead. Lao lost his family, wanted to die, and with this information, wanted to take the rest of humanity with him.

My interpretation was that he really wanted to die to rest in peace with his wife and daughter (as he states at the end of the Ares battle) but he couldn't. When he was badly injured they restored him; if he tried to kill himself they would simply bring him back. So it was a selfish reason; he was such a nihilist that he found out the only way to really die was destroying humanity altogether.

Anyways, back on topic. Both Tora and Nia have been presented as "friends" of Rex. What I've been wondering is if this is just a casual description or if they have a common backstory that takes place before the events of the game.

Those two are also treated as masters by their respectives blades. I'd love to see more varied representations of the relations between a driver and a blade (as the rare blade Hotaru could imply).

So much excitement for this game. It can't be said enough how amazing of a launch year for this system has been.

I'm ready to take all December to play this game.

New post.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/915477541439266816

トラは、ドリルの付いた「ハナシールド」を使って戦いますも。敵の攻撃を自分に集中させて、他の仲間を守りながら攻撃のチャンスを作るなんて…かっこいいも! なんでそんなに敵を引き寄せちゃうのかって?それは、戦うノポンのシュクメーですも。

DLRt1gNUEAA4CtC.jpg

DLRt2aPVoAAKYIW.jpg

random25

I love the concept of Tora's weapon. It's a plain shield at first glance, but as an offensive weapon a drill comes out of it, and there's rocket boosters on its back.

A step up in shield weapon class.

Egida

Neo Member
Yeah, love Tora design/concept. What I liked the most from Xenoblade Chronicles was to be able to play as different characters, each one with its unique fighting style.

So this game has an actual HeroPon not a pretender or comic relief character?

I hope so. Riki being an Homer Simpson destined to save his people was amazing. The first Xenoblade had this thing with nopons: they took themselves seriously and that made them cute. X instead was all about the comic relief and cuteness, resulting in a boring species that I wanted to eradicate.

Surfside

Banned
this feels like a total betrayal and has deflated some of my hype for this game because I feel this game fuels the X hate.

I loved X (not the ending) but loved it as a whole

Well i never got to play X since i have no WiiU, but i hope it makes it's way onto the switch because i'm as hype for this game as i was when it got revealed.
I also think its soundtrack is one of the best i ever listened to.

Though the hate for it doesn't want me play XB 2 any less.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
The hate for this game is really strong here.

I supported Monolith Soft and bought X. Didn't like the characters or combat compared to the original Xenoblade so I stopped playing. Didn't like Xenosaga 2 and stopped playing that as well. Eveything about Xenoblade 2 seems like more effort was put into it over Xenoblade X from the guest artist Blades, to getting a star in the gaming industry like Nomura to design characters and his own Titan world, and also a superior nopon who might even dethrone Riki for the best Heropon spot. I'm loving the addition of the element chains to the combat as well as the 4 level elemental attack quick time events. I think the character designs and art style in general are superior to X. I know there are a lot of Tanaka fans because of Xenogears but Saito's style looks better than his in CGI. Even the little things like the Driver handing the weapon back to the Blade to perform the elemental attack I find interesting haha.

aravuus

I still think that XBX, while flawed as FUCK, was better than the original Xenoblade. Like the game itself was actually a lot of fun despite the shit story and characters and yadda yadda. The original was... Okay.

But I feel like I tend to have minority opinions anyway when it comes to Xeno games. Hell, I think XBX actually takes a huge nosedive when you get the flight ability for your skells. Took all the fun out of the exploration for me.

Akai

Well I think both Xenoblade and Xenoblade X are the two best (non-Zelda) games in existence, so THERE......Anyway, I'm really happy with how Tora has turned out so far, as he seems to be the most earnest Nopon we've had yet.

Well i never got to play X since i have no WiiU, but i hope it makes it's way onto the switch because i'm as hype for this game as i was when it got revealed.
I also think its soundtrack is one of the best i ever listened to.

Though the hate for it doesn't want me play XB 2 any less.

I only feel less hype for this game because the developer kinda hints that X was a totally different thing from the original Xenoblade. So I want to see an X2 someday.

But now that we are tying Xeno2 as part of Xeno1 fans are dismissing X as a mistake that should have never happened which pisses me off.

vareon

I only feel less hype for this game because the developer kinda hints that X was a totally different thing from the original Xenoblade. So I want to see an X2 someday.

But now that we are tying Xeno2 as part of Xeno1 fans are dismissing X as a mistake that should have never happened which pisses me off.

I think the only thing Takahashi said on this was that XBX was a learning experience in creating their first true seamless HD open world (Xenoblade 2 didn't attempt this IIRC) so his focus was there and they couldn't put heavy story/narrative elements. I might be wrong.
I would think that XB2 was already decided during XBX's development, given how relatively fast XBX -> XB2 was.

Akai

Oh, and I didn't want to jump to conclusions before, but it also appears confirmed that at least Tora will be able to change weapons (which makes sense, as he doesn't have a "true" Blade).

You can compare the shield he uses in today's tweet to the one used in the recent Milan footage...

am0B07j.png

I'd say it's at least possible that Blades' weapons could "evolve" as they level up, but it's obviously too early to say right now.

I hope he had the same amount of ability variation ad the Drivers have access to, playing Reyn in 1 was largely impossible since he was an Aggro-HP tank, and when it's generally Game Over when your main goes down that's a difficult position to play. (Well, so far as Xenoblade has Game Overs)

Akai

Only really new thing from today's tweet is confirmation that Hotaru's element is Earth. He/She really does appear to be a cocky little thing, so I'm hoping we'll get to see more of that outside of battle as well.

And just to remind everyone, they upload higher quality versions of their Twitter clips on the game's website...

Did one of the enemies just punch themselves in the face?

Also the second tier for poppi's special is probably the best for the interrupt.

Nanashrew

Banned
4 tweets tonight!

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/916200148732076032
レアブレイド「クビラ」のご紹介ですも。見るからに高貴なオーラをまとった、ゴージャスなブレイドですも。デザインはhakusさん、ボイスは宮野真守さんですも。
DLb-o1NV4AA0xzh.jpg

Video:
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/916200584943869952
「クビラ」の同調シーンはこちら。なんて高飛車な!思わずフクジューしてしまいそうな自分がおそろしいも!

I dig this marionette girl.
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/916200843577196544
今日はもう一体ご紹介!「クビラ」と同じくhakusさんデザインの「アザミ」ですも。ボイスは斎藤千和さん。
ハカナゲでタイハイテキな美しさですも!でもオドロオドロシイものが彼女のまわりに…。怪しい魅力のブレイドですも!
DLb_rLLU8AIk56H.jpg

And video of her:
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/916201135211298816
「アザミ」の同調シーンもちらりとお見せしますも!私はあなたのトリコ…。オトナなセリフですも…!

Top Bottom