• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

Yep, those are the ones.

They aren't essential, they're just fun chats between characters that can also raise your affinity further. Raising party affinity has a bunch of uses, most notably allowing for longer chain attacks, so they can be useful, but not essential. A bunch also give hints about what types of gifts party members like and dislike if you want to raise affinity even higher (This is a system that's kind of hidden, but you can give collectibles from one party member to another as a gift to raise (or lower if they dislike it) affinity faster)

DagsJT

Same here. Anyone else have the same issue and figure out a way to resolve it?

I've emailed Nintendo. As much as there's sarcastic comments in here, if Nintendo don't update their offer to take down the theme offer then and I'm explicitly told I get a free theme then Nintendo should honour it.

Trade the game plus an extra $40 for the Wii version. :)

I'm 26 hours into the game (Wii version started last week).

I have it on Wii as well. I think the mistake I made was play it on the PC using Dolphin where it looked awesome. Now neither the Wii or N3DS version look satisfying. Oh well it's nice to have it portable to play it while I poop.

Ventara

OMG guys, I cannot believe this is happening! I am playing XENOBLADE CHRONICLES on the go! This is true love! I am so happy right now! Thank you Nintendo! I can't believe I was doubting whether I should buy a N3DS. The game is just as amazing as I remember it. I never thought I'd actually be able to play this on a handheld. It was on a list of gaming pipe dreams, but it actually came true!

Anyways, the game looks just as I remember it on the Wii, and plays beautifully. The C-stick works really well here, too (didn't have to adjust any settings). Really, this is just a perfect port of an amazing game that just became 10000x better because I can play it anywhere and pause/play whenever I want.

Use a move from shulk that causes Break and then use the move from Reyn that causes topple. And then if it's the part I think it is just use whatever with the 3rd person.

Thanks for this. I can't believe how simple and easy it actually was. I definitely over thought that system.

This game is legit. I mean wow. This game has me wondering how I'm going to scrape and save to get a Wii U just for the sequel.

Thanks for this. I can't believe how simple and easy it actually was. I definitely over thought that system.

This game is legit. I mean wow. This game has me wondering how I'm going to scrape and save to get a Wii U just for the sequel.

Xenoblade X is going to be nothing short of amazeballs.

VICI0US

My conspiracy theory on why this game came out...

Amiibo shortages.

Nintendo's way to placate the hardcore.

sorry you can't find those really rare amiibo you want guys, here have a game*!

*compatible with the extremely rare shulk amiibo that you'll never see in stores again

Veal

I've emailed Nintendo. As much as there's sarcastic comments in here, if Nintendo don't update their offer to take down the theme offer then and I'm explicitly told I get a free theme then Nintendo should honour it.
Receipts are in the eshop options menu. Have you checked there?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
God the resolution on the New 3DS is so fucking awful. So pixelated. What the fuck? It's seriously getting in the way of my enjoyment.

I felt this way after playing for 30 minutes. Then after 3 hours, I grew accustomed and now I can't believe that this game is playable on a portable console... it's amazing and a true accomplishment of the developers.

Parshias7

Does anyone know how to get the update to show up for the digital version? I just got the bug where all the character voices disappear, and went on the eShop to look for the patch but its not showing me it. There's no mention of a version number on the game itself, so I don't think I've downloaded it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Does anyone know how to get the update to show up for the digital version? I just got the bug where all the character voices disappear, and went on the eShop to look for the patch but its not showing me it. There's no mention of a version number on the game itself, so I don't think I've downloaded it.

I think you just leave you WiFi on and sit at the Home screen. It'll scroll that there's an Update Available and when you launch the game it'll give you the Option to press Y to download it.

It didn't work at first for me. So maybe turn the system all the way off, if the update is not showing up. Or boot the game up, then quit to the Home menu, etc. I don't think the Update is present on the eShop menu. It's something that present itself to you on the Game icon on the Home menu.

sixclaws

Banned

If you go to the eShop page for the game on the 3DS, there should be an option to view something about the update and then you can download it from there. At least that's what seemed to work for me.

AEREC

Really trying to like this game but:

- The game is straight up hideous...I feel like im slowly getting used to the blurry graphics but everyonce in a while im just taken back by how ugly the game is.

- The hud is cluttered as hell...too much screen real estate is taken up by the big ass block that contains the enemies name and health bar...is there no way to get rid of this.

-character just dont feel connected to the world...anything between a slow walk and a full run looks awkward as it appears like the character is just gliding over the land.

Im only maybe an hour or two in, just got to some cave with Reyn, Fiora and Shulk to get some fuel canisters or something...so I still need to give it more time. But the game does not give a good visual impression. I'm thinking they should have held off until their next hardware iteration.

ZeroX03

Banned

- The game is straight up hideous...I feel like im slowly getting used to the blurry graphics but everyonce in a while im just taken back by how ugly the game is.

- The hud is cluttered as hell...too much screen real estate is taken up by the big ass block that contains the enemies name and health bar...is there no way to get rid of this.

-character just dont feel connected to the world...anything between a slow walk and a full run looks awkward as it appears like the character is just gliding over the land.

Im only maybe an hour or two in, just got to some cave with Reyn, Fiora and Shulk to get some fuel canisters or something...so I still need to give it more time. But the game does not give a good visual impression. I'm thinking they should have held off until their next hardware iteration.

Have you seen what it looks like on Wii? Or taken a look at any screenshots at all before buying? The game is all about art direction and scale not visual fidelity.

leng jai

It's ironic how people are suggesting the Wii version for better IQ since that version itself wasn't exactly crisp. It's kind of amusing in a sad way that people complained for years about the original being on a gimped platform and now the version looks even worse. I feel like they should have found a way to make the faces look sharper. It's jarring how poor they look in close ups. Is it just me or is the 3DS version lacking brightness? The colours really don't pop.

Still loving the game though. Couldn't see myself playing it on the Wii now but on a handheld it's much easier to find the time.

Junahu

Is it just me or is the 3DS version lacking brightness? The colours really don't pop.
This is the problem I'm having with the game. Virtually no contrast, so everything bleeds together. For some reason I can't get a feel for the distance from one place to another, so the scale of the world is totally wasted on me (I don't feel like I'm going very far, but rather I'm going very slowly)

I am also very much enjoying my time with the game. Wish I had the Amiibo to go with it... but oh well.

Shizuka

Are you guys getting a lot of mileage from the Shulk amiibo and this? I'm thinking of getting one before it gets more expensive.

Been longing to play this game for years now! Money is tight but I'm hoping to grab a New 3DS this summer. First game I'm buying is this one

Xbro

I'm about about 90 minutes in, but I need to ask:

Where's my Fiora amiibo?

Did someone say Fiora amiibo?!?

kzbqsh.gif

I need one in my life.

Renewed

Wait. Is there an update for the digital US version or no? I checked the eShop game page and the update section and nothing shows up.

When I downloaded the game at midnight and started it up, it said ver 1.1. So it was already the updated version as far as I know.

Agree with all of this. I feel the same way. God Nintendo what the fuck? This thing on the Vita would have been glorious.

Ventara

Agree with all of this. I feel the same way. God Nintendo what the fuck? This thing on the Vita would have been glorious.

Right, because Nintendo will totally make a Vita game.

And I don't get the whiners. This is just as good as the Wii game. Sorry if the game isn't whatever crazy expectations you had. Personally, I'm disappointed the game doesn't give me back massages. WTF Nintendo?

Right, because Nintendo will totally make a Vita game.

And I don't get the whiners. This is just as good as the Wii game. Sorry if the game isn't whatever crazy expectations you had. Personally, I'm disappointed the game doesn't give me back massages. WTF Nintendo?

Are you retarded? How did you get all of this from my comment? Relax dude. Take of your cape and superman underwear off. Nintendo doesn't need saving.

It was a simple statement. The game looks like shit. No shit Nintendo wouldn't make a Vita game.

I have the Wii game. This shit is not "just as good." This looks like ass.

Go back and bury your head in the sand and keep on worshipping Nintendo. Apparently they can do no wrong.

Ventara

Are you retarded? How did you get all of this from my comment? Relax dude. Take of your cape and superman underwear off. Nintendo doesn't need saving.

It was a simple statement. The game looks like shit. No shit Nintendo wouldn't make a Vita game.

I have the Wii game. This shit is not "just as good." This looks like ass.

Go back and bury your head in the sand and keep on worshipping Nintendo. Apparently they can do no wrong.

Ahahaha. You really need to read your own comments if you're looking for something retarded. What was your point of saying this would look great on the Vita? And what magical copy of Xenoblade do you have that makes it good and this port shit? Where the hell do you read Nintendo needs saving? WHAT are you reading?

Second sentence was a general statement about the whiners, but it's okay if you can't comprehend that. I understand not everyone has passed 4th grade reading comprehension.

Son Of D

Probably not the best topic to ask this but does anyone have a picture of the New 3DS with the Xenoblade faceplates on? Just want to see how they look attached to a New 3DS.

Top Bottom