• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Releases December 1st 2017

duckroll

And the Blades are a must-see. We debuted “Finch”, who was designed by Kunihiko Tanaka, and there are many more rare Blades for everyone to look forward to!

Guest artists for rare Blades? Gacha confirmed!!!!!!!

:D

ToonLink

I need that special edition. I'll be sad if I miss out on it.

The direct sold me on the game more. I'm really hyped now. Monolith Soft know how to craft breathtaking and intriguing worlds.

scamander

Banned
No idea I'm afraid. I'd imagine this is one of the bigger switch games so it's likely they won't put all languages on the cart. Although, they did for Zelda

If at all, I can see them releasing a separate version for Japan. Fairly confident the West will get one version with all languages included. Text doesn't need much space and the only Western dub is the English one, anyway.

The game is english only in the european eshop too as of right now.
I suppose that means both that there's no japanese audio and that it is not being localized in Spanish/French/German/Italian.

Of course there will be FIGS localisations, just no dubbing.

duckroll

It's not a f2p game, why lock rare blades behind a system like this?

Because people like gambling? Not everyone does, but much like Sawano in Xenoblade X, we have to accept that sometimes Takahashi likes to have stuff in his games which are popular even if they are social ills!

I won't believe it until I'm holding the game in my hands.
Edit: I hope they have time to change the ui, it's taking up like three quarters of the screen

FinalAres

I was most hyped for this game when it was announced, but actually it looks so bad.

I'll wait till its released and if its 85+ on MC I'll get it, otherwise I'll give it a pass.

Monumma

If at all, I can see them releasing a separate version for Japan. Fairly confident the West will get one version with all languages included. Text doesn't need much space and the only Western dub is the English one, anyway.

Of course there will be FIGS localisations, just no dubbing.

If there is it isn't talked about on the Italian e shop.

scamander

Banned
If there is it isn't talked about on the Italian e shop.

Okay, but there are only three Nintendo published games without full multi-5 language support in over a decade (and only one was English-only). All of them were niche third party games on Wii U. This is a major first party game on Switch. I don't believe for one second there won't be FIGS localisations.

I was most hyped for this game when it was announced, but actually it looks so bad.

I'll wait till its released and if its 85+ on MC I'll get it, otherwise I'll give it a pass.

It really, really, really does not, and I suspect the fact you're not anticipating/certain of it getting below 85 on MC confirms to me you're being deliberately hyperbolic and facetious.

But you're not the only one to be fair, despite the studios' pedigree.

Turned out they tweeted some new stuff too:

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/908185915662655488
Making new Blades through “Blade Resonance” relies on luck of draw. “Common Blades” be easiest to find, and all have random appearances, abilities, weapons, even names! Enjoy each one-of-kind friend!

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/908186856449126400
Many illustrators helped make designs for super uncommon ‘Rare Blades’. Kunihiko Tanaka, veteran of “Xeno” series, did design of “Finch”, and Aoi Yuuki is voice actress. Goofy forgetful-looking face is so cute!

Egida

Neo Member
Oh my gosh, these two are so cute.

tumblr_ow8qr1Ws2W1so7h3bo1_r1_250.gif

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Well damn, why does it have to be so difficult to get Nintendo sound tracks? :(

Once the game comes out someone will make a playlist of the entire OST on YouTube. That's probably the best we'll get, unfortunately.

Shahadan

I wonder if we'll have surprises when summoning a blade with the Resonance thing

Like, you're using your crystal hoping for something powerful and...

It's Tatsu! The famous nopon hero (citation needed) from another world! His special attack puts everyone to sleep.

vandrewal

Neo Member
Someone will rip the OST in some way anyway, guaranteed.

Also, aw yeah, the Switch finishing the year with some (hopefully) great releases. First we get a month of Mario, then it´s time for Xenoblade!

random25

I wonder if we'll have surprises when summoning a blade with the Resonance thing

Like, you're using your crystal hoping for something powerful and...

It's Tatsu! The famous nopon hero (citation needed) from another world! His special attack puts everyone to sleep.

We can finally eat him, I think.

duckroll

openrob

Combat looks really... bland? I'll wait for reviews, I'm not sold yet.

As others have said it's similar system to the previous two Xenoblade games.

Xenoblade Chronicles was critically acclaimed.

Xenoblade X reviewed ok, but suffered due to its lack of story.

This is the sequel to the original and has it's focus back on the story. Expect it to review well. Saying all of that though, if the game doesn't appeal to you now, it's ok. Xenoblade reviewed amazingly, doesn't mean I think it's great. I never finished it lol.

Tl;dr Don't wait for reviews to know it doesn't appeal to you.

FinalAres

It really, really, really does not, and I suspect the fact you're not anticipating/certain of it getting below 85 on MC confirms to me you're being deliberately hyperbolic and facetious.

But you're not the only one to be fair, despite the studios' pedigree.

You can look at my previous comments if you like. I've been hyped about this before. I recently played Star Ocean 3 though and that was literally the worst most crappy anime-style game I've ever played. This reminds me a lot of that.

Philippo

Completely in, love Takahashi and XBC.
Will have to wait though, i just recently bought a Switch so i have stuff to catch up first.

Only things worrying me are some of the designs (but then again clothes customizations is probably going to be in), random Blades and performance. The rest is already top tier.

Well colour me surprised I definitely thought the game would never come out in 2017.

I'm so excited for it, the Switch had an excellent year imho, the best first year for a new console.

Now, should I dust off my Wii U and beat Xenoblade Chronicles X (which I kind of gave up after 70 hours) before X2 ?

Maiar_m

Caved in for the SE as well.

Look, I thought the trailer looked like shit honestly, and I'm still not a fan of the lead characters' designs (I like the support cast enough though); the blades being always on-screen from what we know irks me quite a bit (soon there'll be as many characters on screen as there are in a regular FIFA match?) but Chronicles 1 just sells me that sequel so hard it's not even funny. The various factions' cultures and interests, the sea-of-clouds travel, the outlandish settings more than make up for Pyra's comically oversized breasts (Blade designer: "Look, it's the most powerful weapon we've ever created, we probably should give her a somewhat bimbo look, people need to feel like they're not threatened" #lore) and Diver-Boy's pants. It's the first game that makes me wish the Switch had more guts, but it's fine.

Also, sponge enemies were not that much of a bother to me in the first game, I think I just mind it when watching other people play more than when actually playing.

Top Bottom