• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Hype countdown

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
EaHQUhqUwAAARMV.jpg:large

Day 29

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Best studio purchase and most productive one at Nintendo, simply incredible output.

Only one I missed was X, but i loved XC 1&2. I got the DE version purchased but still under wrap, i don’t think I would have time to finish it by XC3..

I love their OSTs, I think I stopped the game for hours just listening to this with headphones and relax

Danjin44

”If you play the role of combo, cancel attack, attacker / defender / healer during battle, "chain gauge" will gradually accumulate. Whenever the gauge is full, you can activate the powerful special move "Chain Attack" in collaboration with party members during battle!”

“The chain attack will proceed while selecting each character in the party. First of all, the strategy (order) will be presented by three friends. After deciding which order to go with, select the companion who will carry out that order, then select the arts and decide the attack brilliantly!”

”During the chain attack, orders for Uroboros may come out. If you can accomplish it, you will be able to visit even more powerful techniques than the orders from your friends! I want you to try various ways to see how this order comes out.”

“Tactical points (TP) are also important for chain attacks. If you select a friend, the TP will be added up, and if you exceed "100% (points)", the order will be fulfilled and a powerful blow "Chain Arts" will be activated. The order has a reputation, and the higher the percentage, the better the cooperation!”

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Kinda related and a shower thought BUT...

What games does Nintendo have coming out in Q3&4 that would make them want to move this game up by three months?

Mario+Rabbids (insta buy for me)
Splatoon 3
Pokemon
Bayo3
(I am sure I am missing some others)

I mean Pokemon will be huge and I don't think it would loose anyone to XB3...but the rest don't seem like candidates that would be cannibalized by it releasing in Oct.

Danjin44

Kinda related and a shower thought BUT...

What games does Nintendo have coming out in Q3&4 that would make them want to move this game up by three months?

Mario+Rabbids (insta buy for me)
Splatoon 3
Pokemon
Bayo3
(I am sure I am missing some others)

I mean Pokemon will be huge and I don't think it would loose anyone to XB3...but the rest don't seem like candidates that would be cannibalized by it releasing in Oct.
From what I can understand, XC3 simply changed place with Splatoon 3. XC3 was already finished development but I think Splatoon 3 needed more time.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

TIME FOR KARAOKE

I've got 29 days to finish:
Xenoblade Chronicles DE (I'm on chapter 11)
Xenoblade X (still need to set my WiiU back up)
Xenoblade 2 (I played a few hours years ago and remember nothing)
Xenoblade 2 Torna.

I'm feeling the heat.

uEaTeqd.jpg
I think it's still possible if you play everyday and only play the main story only.

”If you play the role of combo, cancel attack, attacker / defender / healer during battle, "chain gauge" will gradually accumulate. Whenever the gauge is full, you can activate the powerful special move "Chain Attack" in collaboration with party members during battle!”

“The chain attack will proceed while selecting each character in the party. First of all, the strategy (order) will be presented by three friends. After deciding which order to go with, select the companion who will carry out that order, then select the arts and decide the attack brilliantly!”

”During the chain attack, orders for Uroboros may come out. If you can accomplish it, you will be able to visit even more powerful techniques than the orders from your friends! I want you to try various ways to see how this order comes out.”

“Tactical points (TP) are also important for chain attacks. If you select a friend, the TP will be added up, and if you exceed "100% (points)", the order will be fulfilled and a powerful blow "Chain Arts" will be activated. The order has a reputation, and the higher the percentage, the better the cooperation!”

Oh nice, you can choose the order of the attack. It seems you can still continue the combo after doing the "order." Still no clue on how long can you make a long chain attack.

Brigandier

I've got 29 days to finish:
Xenoblade Chronicles DE (I'm on chapter 11)
Xenoblade X (still need to set my WiiU back up)
Xenoblade 2 (I played a few hours years ago and remember nothing)
Xenoblade 2 Torna.

I'm feeling the heat.

uEaTeqd.jpg

Don't do it, You'll be so burned out you will need therapy 😂

Take your time enjoy them and play Xeno 3 when you're ready it's not going anywhere.

Shifty1897

I think I'm almost done with Xenoblade Chronicles DE. Do I really need to play 2? I'm more hyped for 3 and they're the same price.

NanaMiku

I think I'm almost done with Xenoblade Chronicles DE. Do I really need to play 2? I'm more hyped for 3 and they're the same price.
Nintendo said Xenoblade 3 depict the future of the world of Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2. The nations in Xenoblade 3 are Keves are based from Xenoblade 1 and Agnus are from Xenoblade 2. But Nintendo also said that you can play this game without the previous two.

Danjin44

Nintendo said Xenoblade 3 depict the future of the world of Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2. The nations in Xenoblade 3 are Keves are based from Xenoblade 1 and Agnus are from Xenoblade 2. But Nintendo also said that you can play this game without the previous two.
It was same with Xenoblade 2 but it had nice pay off near the end if you did play the first game. I think its going to be same case with Xenoblade 3.

It seems you can still continue the combo after doing the "order." Still no clue on how long can you make a long chain attack.
When this reaches 100% or higher.
oDlzq5u.png

Last edited:

NanaMiku

When this reaches 100% or higher.
oDlzq5u.png
I saw that when the TP reach 100%, the order is executed. After that you got "return member" and seems need to press B at the right time to continue the chain attack. I wonder if you get to pick the new order after that.

Jennings

I'm getting a lot of good advice not to power through all 4 Xenoblade Chronicles games ( 1, X, 2, Torna) over the next 4 weeks in order to prepare for Xenoblade 3, and I just want to say that I'm kinda sad part 3 will somehow been connecting some or all of these stories because I wanted to experience the game on day one along with everybody else. But alas, for the sake of my sanity and the ability to properly appreciate each entry, I will avoid rushing through these games.

Games like Skyrim and Elden Ring are a lot of fun to experience when they're entirely new to the whole gaming community (with Youtube vids, memes, and conversation) and I wanted to do the same here, bjt since I'm brand new to the series as a whole I didn't even understand what type of game this was when I first set out to play Nintendo's latest and great, in Xexo3.

Reactions: Isa

Danjin44

I'm getting a lot of good advice not to power through all 4 Xenoblade Chronicles games ( 1, X, 2, Torna) over the next 4 weeks in order to prepare for Xenoblade 3, and I just want to say that I'm kinda sad part 3 will somehow been connecting some or all of these stories because I wanted to experience the game on day one along with everybody else. But alas, for the sake of my sanity and the ability to properly appreciate each entry, I will avoid rushing through these games.

Games like Skyrim and Elden Ring are a lot of fun to experience when they're entirely new to the whole gaming community (with Youtube vids, memes, and conversation) and I wanted to do the same here, bjt since I'm brand new to the series as a whole I didn't even understand what type of game this was when I first set out to play Nintendo's latest and great, in Xexo3.
Think of this way, NieR Replicant/Gestalt has direct connection to Drakengard but I bet you anything majority of people who played NieR didn't even notice that but still managed to enjoy the story, Xenoblade series is the same.

You can enjoy Xenoblade 3 and its main story without playing the pervious games but you might miss out some lore for its world because you haven't played pervious games.....thats it.

Heck this is even true with NieR Automata, lot of people played Automata without ever playing Gestalt but still managed to enjoy the core story, even tho both games have direct connection to each other.

Last edited:

Jsisto

Hmmm…I would say, without playing it of course, that this is probably a safe first entry to play if you choose. It is truly the game that bridges 1 and 2. The same way those of us that played all three will appreciate this more, I could see it working in reverse, too. After playing three, you’ll find out stuff from the other two that will enrich the overall experience. Its entirely up to you.

Anyway! Hype!! It’s almost here, guys!

Last edited:

I also think missing out on the launch with the community is the right call. You'll enjoy each game more in order and taking your time

Last edited:
82CBCF62C63B5873518A96ECF296EC2E7BC87231

Ahh, yes... Satorl Marsh. Its tranquil beauty and glowing foliage capture many a gamer's heart.

But. When you really think about it...How swampy everything is, where it leads to afterwards... you start to realise where you are, on the Bionis, anatomically speaking. And suddenly ewwwww it ain't so pretty anymore. And don't even try to figure out what those glowing leaves actually are!

emlxtoul0g591.jpg

Art by Orioto, Artstation

Satorl Marsh Day and Night scenery (Switch version)

Let's Play introducing Satorl Marsh (Wii Version)

Go_Ly_Dow

Purchased a Switch for Xeno 2 which I then gifted to my ex for her birthday.

Got hold of a "used" Switch yesterday, 6 months old and not used for Xeno 3. I'll complete Xeno 3, Live A Live and then resell it for £150-180ish in a few months. I figured whatever Monolith put out next will launch on the Switch 2.

My body is ready.

Last edited:

Nico_D

I'm feeling more scared than hyped. After XBC2 I was expecting so much from XBC1 after hearing all the hype about it. And the game was severely disappointing.

Maybe I should watch more vids about gameplay.

Durask

Purchased a Switch for Xeno 2 which I then gifted to my ex for her birthday.

Got hold of a used Switch yesterday, 6 months old and not used for Xeno 3. I'll complete Xeno 3, Live A Live and then resell it for £150-180ish in a few months. I figured whatever Monolith put out next will launch on the Switch 2.

My body is ready.

Yeah, so far Xeno 2 is the only game that I played on my Switch but it was worth it just for that game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You mean Rex, the hero? Most likely not, his story is over. I don't think a hero from a previous game would come back and steal the spotlight from the current hero.
He will be DLC if anything but I suspect the DLC is just going to bring popular characters like Pyra/Mythra as a Hero Unit.

The only characters that I can see plausibly coming back is Nia and Melia or someone related to them. Given what little we know. Nia in some form seems implied and a few characters have High Entia traits.

Very interesting to see pan out at the end of July.

Im on chapter 15 of Xenoblade DE and will play 2 until 3 comes out but if it ever feels like work or I’m not having fun Thats it.

alf717

I have to finish up Future Connected before the 29th. Would of completed it in June but June 8th took a lot out of me when it comes this series. Luckily redeemed my faith on the 30th. Still hyped for the 29th though.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I’m doing my first playthrough of 1 and 2 this summer to get ready for 3. Currently on 1, not very far in.

KàIRóS

I still can't believe I managed to get a Special Edition, those things were selling like hot dogs xD

I'm trying my hardest to not spoil myself of anything this time I've just been reading and watching stuff about the combat but otherwise I think I'm safely going blind on this one.

Top Bottom