• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition Arrives May 29. New Epilogue "Future Connected"

It's all about the art direction. Even on Wii, Xenoblade had fantastic art direction when it came to its environments.

Absolutely. The scope of it too made it a very impressive game for Wii-standards. Did something equally impressive even exist on the HD consoles at the time? I mean, I had some JRPGs on the Xbox 360 (Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, etc.), but they weren't as grandiose and open as Xenoblade Chronicles I think.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Absolutely. The scope of it too made it a very impressive game for Wii-standards. Did something equally impressive even exist on the HD consoles at the time? I mean, I had some JRPGs on the Xbox 360 (Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, etc.), but they weren't as grandiose and open as Xenoblade Chronicles I think.
its because Monolith Soft did smart techniques to overcome Wii's limitations.

Last edited:

Hosam6xavi

Banned
The art direction is not excuse .. this is the biggest multimedia franchise and this how it looks ?

Gameboy - ds - 3ds they have excuse but on switch ? No

Danjin44

The art direction is not excuse .. this is the biggest multimedia franchise and this how it looks ?

Gameboy - ds - 3ds they have excuse but on switch ? No
I dont know why GameFreak will never go big budget for Pokemon, even thats the case they could use smart design and good art direction to overcome graphical limitation. Just look at Atlus games for example, their games is never technical marvel but their art direction always on point and not just their Persona series but also SMT series.

Nocturne came out in 2003-4, 2 years after FFX but its graphics no where near as impressive as that game from technical stand point but god damn, nothing could match art direction and the atmosphere of Nocturne even to this day. Good art direction can overcome any graphical limitations.

Type_Raver

Pre-orders are up for the Collectors edition in AUS (and Europe/UK as well):

What we Aussies get:
EWFLgqeVcAEDEmz

Zenaku

Xenoblades world is truly one of the most beautiful, and Xenoblade X isn't far behind. Just about to start a run through of X on Cemu, complete with the 4k60fps mods.

If Cemu or Yuzu ever get VR support I will cry tears of joy.

alf717

My only gripe is I wish the US version came with a steel book case. The one that came with Xenoblade 2 looks great. I was kind of hoping maybe BestBuy would do one exclusively but that looks like it won't be happening.

Last edited:

Danjin44

US has the weakest collectors edition :(
Unfortunately it wouldn’t matter, Xenoblade games are hardest game to get collector’s edition for, not only it takes forever to come available to pre-order and when it does come, it will sell out as soon as available.

Fully translated interview from Famitsu:

Last edited:

TheContact

So ready to dive back into this game. My biggest complaint was that it was running on the Wii's hardware. I even bought the 3DS version.

There’s a lot of content for £40. Got this on the 3ds, but hardly played it and even on the wii I didn’t really enjoy it much. I think the graphics were pretty shocking and hope the remaster runs at 1080p or I won’t be getting this.

alf717

There’s a lot of content for £40. Got this on the 3ds, but hardly played it and even on the wii I didn’t really enjoy it much. I think the graphics were pretty shocking and hope the remaster runs at 1080p or I won’t be getting this.

Xenoblade 2 wasn't always the prettiest looking at times so I don't think this will be hitting 1080P much if at all.

Top Bottom