• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition | Hype Thread | We're Really Feeling It

Guiberu

Couple shots pulled from the (docked) Switch. Will probably post a few more later.

ROPc8MF.jpg

TNIn3Cg.jpg

odLXRJY.jpg

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
That face in the third picture looks photoshopped what the hell is wrong with it haha

Ooh its the same shit all over again in handheld mode isnt it.. 🐤

I play handheld and i sold xbc2 after playing it

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
For those who played it, is this game a glorified visual novel like Xenogears or is it an actual videogame?

Im all for story and dialogue but Xenogears was fuckin stupid at pacing it out evenly.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For those who played it, is this game a glorified visual novel like Xenogears or is it an actual videogame?

Im all for story and dialogue but Xenogears was fuckin stupid at pacing it out evenly.
No and the pacing it depends on how much you want to do side quests, this game has crazy amount of side quests that you can spend hours doing without ever progressing the story.

Last edited:

dottme

If this does not sell well, at least chances are good that they will double down on the boobs and ass candy waifus for the next release.
Aren’t the Xenoblade game doing better than what they expect normally?
I don’t remember where I read that but I think Nintendo said in the past that they are satisfied with the Xenoblade sales. It’s not a top seller but that’s ok.

Aren’t the Xenoblade game doing better than what they expect normally?
I don’t remember where I read that but I think Nintendo said in the past that they are satisfied with the Xenoblade sales. It’s not a top seller but that’s ok.
Yeah Nintendo is happy with the IP sales, but this is like the 3rd release for this game. I think they wanted to milk more out of it not get a 720p backlash. Still hope it had good front loaded sales but it won't have the best word of mouth now.

I really wanted to see a XBX remaster.

Now I do not. At least, not on the Switch, if this is what they'll put out.

true when it comes to Wii U vs Switch I don't think the power difference is all that mind blowing I would wait at least 2 more power updates before I want to see my Elma in 2K or 1440P

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Devil tells me just cancel this pre-order and just buy it digitally. I was not able to get the collectors edition anyway because....

I would buy it digitally if you want it right away and don't mind not having a case / cartridge.

I cancelled my preorder because of the June 2nd delivery date. Ordered with best buy, and it says May 29th delivery.

Devil tells me just cancel this pre-order and just buy it digitally. I was not able to get the collectors edition anyway because....

What a smart Devil.

If it is not the collector's edition, not sure why people even open those to play the game. DO NOT OPEN THE BOX!

Get it from Japan eShop they see Friday sooner unless you are in New Zealand and AUS

It wouldn't be Xenoblade Chronicles if it wasn't trying to push beautiful art direction on hardware several steps behind the competitors.
And it wouldn’t be GAF if someone didn’t complain about the resolution and fps :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ridiculous. Xenogears has a good balance of story and gameplay in disc 1. Sure it has lots of dialogue but plenty of cities, dungeons and battles as well. Disc 2 is the way it is because the development team ran out of time and budget. It was an unfortunate situation and the devs made the most out of it. There is nothing stupid about it.

But rest assured that all Xenoblade games never compromise on gameplay.

Last edited:

Guiberu

Last batch for tonight.

Overclocking (this is why I love homebrew) virtually eliminates the dynamic resolution, other than when you're fighting a bunch of dudes. It also allows me to play "full fat" when in handheld. Much happier now.

Nice to not have a sudden drop in the resolution just by turning the camera.

(Actual spoilers in some of these images, depending on your perspective)

1p9anRY.jpg

K51tLN5.jpg

MRmoVue.jpg

u6hXgaa.jpg

Yoc9QYc.jpg

AP2S6mK.jpg

6L9FFe8.jpg

Fhoxr4u.jpg

32HSKfu.jpg

RRkD9uL.jpg

MkCT9FC.jpg

7eC8hcj.jpg

sdT5MCb.jpg

gOhyQFl.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Last batch for tonight.

Overclocking (this is why I love homebrew) virtually eliminates the dynamic resolution, other than when you're fighting a bunch of dudes. It also allows me to play "full fat" when in handheld. Much happier now.

1p9anRY.jpg

K51tLN5.jpg

MRmoVue.jpg

u6hXgaa.jpg

Yoc9QYc.jpg

AP2S6mK.jpg

6L9FFe8.jpg

Fhoxr4u.jpg

32HSKfu.jpg

RRkD9uL.jpg

MkCT9FC.jpg

7eC8hcj.jpg

sdT5MCb.jpg

gOhyQFl.jpg

Potentially running it in CEMU at 4K will be interesting too.

I actually don’t think poorly of what I’ve seen so far. On the whole, it looks really good? Still formulating that opinion. But there’s crazy potential for the upgrade this could get there.

Hestar69

June 2nd..Gdamn you amazon. I knew the 49 price was for a reason..Ohh well,Back to final fantasy 9 for the time being.

game would definitely benefit from better hardware...

Theres plenty of games on the Switch in handheld mode that look better and 3 times sharper. Its either this games engine or the studio doesnt know how to utilize it properly. The game literally looks the same as on Wii except when the cutscenes happen.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Despite this whole visual controversy, and however it ends up...

I’m still really looking forward to the game. All the footage I’ve been watching to see about the visuals has had a side effect; it looks tremendously fun, and like a fantastic experience.

I’ve only been able to play a bit of this game. 3DS really wasn’t the right place for it, despite an amazing, almost impossible job done on that version. Getting to finally sink into this classic on the big screen will be👌

For a whole lot of other people too. This game has never had a straight release in North America, without some kind of ridiculousness being involved, whether it was only being playable on an upgrade system, or NoA deciding that the best RPG of the generation didn’t need to be released, and then only in limited quantities at GameStop, far too late into the Wii era.

Danjin44

Despite this whole visual controversy, and however it ends up...

I’m still really looking forward to the game. All the footage I’ve been watching to see about the visuals has had a side effect; it looks tremendously fun, and like a fantastic experience.

I’ve only been able to play a bit of this game. 3DS really wasn’t the right place for it, despite an amazing, almost impossible job done on that version. Getting to finally sink into this classic on the big screen will be👌

For a whole lot of other people too. This game has never had a straight release in North America, without some kind of ridiculousness being involved, whether it was only being playable on an upgrade system, or NoA deciding that the best RPG of the generation didn’t need to be released, and then only in limited quantities at GameStop, far too late into the Wii era.
I personally have no issue with visuals, I played Xenoblade 2 in both TV and handheld and I had a blast and the resolution really didn’t bother me.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I personally have no issue with visuals, I played Xenoblade 2 in both TV and handheld and I had a blast and the resolution really didn’t bother me.

I love 2, but handheld in that looks almost like gaming on a much older system. It’s just a ridiculous difference from other games on the Switch, especially first party.

For that, handheld kind of became a ‘I don’t have access to the TV right now, and this is the only way I can play it’ last resort thing. Imo, that completely goes against what the Switch is about.

Thankfully, I think the handheld mode here actually looks a lot better for what it is. People said similar about all of Torna, so hopefully that’s the case.

Danjin44

Thankfully, I think the handheld mode here actually looks a lot better for what it is. People said similar about all of Torna, so hopefully that’s the case.
Its definitely using Torna’s engine which was improved version of Xenoblade 2 engine.

Seriously people on TrannyEra and Reddit called this game a quick cash grab just because of dynamic resolution numbers and simply just a wii game port without even looking at the state of game vs the older version.

GemMan.jpg

EXySdw7VcAAL3ej

even the undocked is on par or better than the most technically impressive games like the Witcher 3 and Dragon Quest XI

0x3f00N.jpg

IgHYVPJ.jpg

zcwU4JE.jpg

Last batch for tonight.

1p9anRY.jpg

K51tLN5.jpg

MRmoVue.jpg

u6hXgaa.jpg

Yoc9QYc.jpg

AP2S6mK.jpg

6L9FFe8.jpg

Fhoxr4u.jpg

32HSKfu.jpg

RRkD9uL.jpg

MkCT9FC.jpg

7eC8hcj.jpg

sdT5MCb.jpg

gOhyQFl.jpg

nice was it still 720P just does not drop?

how safe is homebrew these days, an update from Nintendo won't brick your system?

I have the launch hardware not the revised version

Top Bottom