• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Leeness said:
I have a quick question about getting the full ~capabilities~ from the Wii for this game.

I picked up some component cables specifically for this game so it wasn't kind of cramped (with the tiny-ish writing, etc). However...it still looks exactly the same, and I still have to Force NSTC off Gecko (I thought I read back in the thread somewhere that you didn't if you had component cables or something).

2r3xqhv.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic, but I just wanted to show how it's appearing on my TV right now. If you can see with the darkness of the picture, there are black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. It's not unplayable or anything, but it makes the writing pretty tiny and cramped and gives me a bit of a headache. And I've seen people in the thread with the game on their HDTV and the whole screen is used.

So... any help? Thanks. :D
did you set it to 16:9 via wii's setting?

Lucentto

Banned
I'm about 55 hours in and I just entered
Mechonis Field
. I also finished around 250 quest. I think i'm done with quest until I beat the game now, I made sure to do majority of the timed ones though.

jgwhiteus said:
Thanks! This makes sense - yeah, I like to constantly maneuver the camera, so I'll stick with CC Pro then, and deal with the movement / Arts issue as best I can - though for some reason the game seems pretty unresponsive to the "center camera" command.
Make sure you set the camera movement speed to the fastest setting in the options menu -- it helps out a lot.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So what is the reward for fully finishing the
Colony 6 recolonization
quest? Because after dozens upon dozens of collect-this-collect-that sidequests on various other locations it is starting to get tiresome looking all over the place for materials for this quest... not to mention the annoyingly stupid Juju's "Ask the villagers for the other material" shtick.

66 hours in, and I honestly am beginning to running out of patience for the all the collect-a-thon sidequests :((((

Leeness

Oh my god, can someone please, PLEASE (it's like the first quest in the game, but I'll spoiler it anyway)
tell me where exactly Jiroque is so I can give him his fucking cookies?

Seriously, the spreadsheet says where he is, and what time, but he's NOT THERE unless it's wrong, or I'm blind, or I don't know, but I've been looking for this bitch for half an hour and if I just give up looking for him now, I'll forever hate him.

Vamphuntr

Laughing Banana said:
So what is the reward for fully finishing the
Colony 6 recolonization
quest? Because after dozens upon dozens of collect-this-collect-that sidequests on various other locations it is starting to get tiresome looking all over the place for materials for this quest... not to mention the annoyingly stupid Juju's "Ask the villagers for the other material" shtick.

66 hours in, and I honestly am beginning to running out of patience for the all the collect-a-thon sidequests :((((

You can use this to help you find the materials

http://xbc.airelle.info/Colony_6_Reconstruction

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Leeness said:
Oh my god, can someone please, PLEASE (it's like the first quest in the game, but I'll spoiler it anyway)
tell me where exactly Jiroque is so I can give him his fucking cookies?

Seriously, the spreadsheet says where he is, and what time, but he's NOT THERE unless it's wrong, or I'm blind, or I don't know, but I've been looking for this bitch for half an hour and if I just give up looking for him now, I'll forever hate him.

Go up the first flight of stairs in front of the entrance to the Residential District (near the jumping Nopon.) Continue on until you see a small set of stairs and a bench on the left side (the old man sits on the bench during the day.) Go up the stairs and head around the corner to the left, he should be between buildings in a corner. He should be there around 11pm, punching the air, but I believe he leaves by 12am.

Leeness

Lissar said:
Go up the first flight of stairs in front of the entrance to the Residential District (near the jumping Nopon.) Continue on until you see a small set of stairs and a bench on the left side (the old man sits on the bench during the day.) Go up the stairs and head around the corner to the left, he should be between buildings in a corner. He should be there around 11pm, punching the air, but I believe he leaves by 12am.

You are my best friend. Haha. Thanks.

That's not in the Tranquil Square. Google Docs lied to me. :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gvaz said:
Dunno why dolphin is being so crashy now in eryth sea, it's really cramping my style.
Really? It's been like butter for me there. Surprisingly, actually, the last several zones have given me virtually no audio issues too. Very weird.

Gvaz

Banned
Dunno it's just been hardlocking every couple of minutes forcing me to quicksave after any quest updates so I don't have to do it over.

It's been fine for a while, 36 hours in fact.

Gvaz

Banned
Yes the characters will be near those landmarks. If I could edit it, I would put in more precise locations but I can't.

This may feel too soon for people who are just now getting their Xenoblade Chronicles copies, but do you think we'll see MLSI's Wii U project at E3? E3 is just five days before Xenoblade's second anniversary. Three years since "Monado: Beginning of the World"'s first trailer too.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Any updates on a good place to import this into the US? Zavvi just sent me a mail saying I shouldn't expect my order that I made with them a month ago for another month or two (!).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Say... do you have to rediscover locations/landmarks on the next playthrough? What about completed quests... I assume you have to do it again? When you rediscover location/landmark and re-complete sidequest you also receive exp/ap/sp again right?

Since levels carried over as well as skills, then it will be much easier to level on the new game+ yeah? Plus you can blast through game a lot faster seeing that you already know pretty much many of the ins and outs of the game.

I am about to leave the
hidden village
and I am thinking I will just probably blast through the game without bothering to search or complete sidequests--I'll probably just do a dedicated new game plus to commit such effort.

What do you guys think? I am currently Level 57 across all characters.

Zwei

FlyinJ said:
Any updates on a good place to import this into the US? Zavvi just sent me a mail saying I shouldn't expect my order that I made with them a month ago for another month or two (!).

Gameseek seem to have copies dispatching in 2-3 days, but I have no idea whether they are a good or bad place to import from.

Oxx

FlyinJ said:

Ouch. RPGcrazied ordered from Zavvi, didn't he?

Ydahs

So there are a lot of enemies at the start of the game that are pretty difficult to kill. Should I worry about this or is this just a standard part of the game?

Also, how's the story compared to other major JRPG titles?

Few hours in and enjoying it a lot.

FlyinJ said:
Zavvi just sent me a mail saying I shouldn't expect my order that I made with them a month ago for another month or two (!).

This isn't even Zavvi's fault at this point. What the hell is NoE doing?

Ydahs said:
So there are a lot of enemies at the start of the game that are pretty difficult to kill. Should I worry about this or is this just a standard part of the game?

Run.

Leeness

Uh oh.

Just sank like, 4 hours into this game without realizing it, looked at the clock, up way too late.

It's one of those games. I haven't played one of them in... probably years.

McNum

Leeness said:
Uh oh.

Just sank like, 4 hours into this game without realizing it, looked at the clock, up way too late.

It's one of those games. I haven't played one of them in... probably years.
Yes. Yes it is one of those games. "Just one more quest...", "I just want to see what's over that hill", or "I'll just see what happens in this cutscene, then I'll go to be- BOSS FIGHT!"

All based on a true story. Not quite as evil as Civilization, but in the league just below.

jgwhiteus said:
Thanks! This makes sense - yeah, I like to constantly maneuver the camera, so I'll stick with CC Pro then, and deal with the movement / Arts issue as best I can - though for some reason the game seems pretty unresponsive to the "center camera" command.

I'll point out that I also like to constantly move the camera, but I got completely used to playing it with the WiiMote and Nunchuck. It's not too bad at all and it's refreshing to play a game with the Wiimote and nunchuck since I haven't used my Wii in years lol

mclem

Oxx said:
You find out early on that running away is not only necessary, but pretty exciting.

A tale of running away (About L40ish, in the
Makna Forest
region)

I was heading out to the Windmill area hunting down an Eka unique I needed for a quest. I found it, and engaged it. I was a bit overlevelled, so was breezing through... when I noticed in the distance a Deinos Sauros, a L98 wandering monster, stomping my way. I tried to hide off to the side, but I had a suspicion there wasn't enough space, and the unique was pretty low. Could I finish it off in time? The dino was getting awfully close... and he was onto me! He instantly killed Dunban while the Eka still had a sliver of health. I started backing off as he turned his attention to Sharla. I fired one last elemental, killing the Eka unique, as he killed Sharla. Then I turned and *fled*. I managed to get out of range, both my teammates dead, but with the unique dead and the big guy cheerily stomping past before I hit the chest.

mclem said:
I was heading out to the Windmill area hunting down an Eka unique I needed for a quest. I found it, and engaged it. I was a bit overlevelled, so was breezing through... when I noticed in the distance a Deinos Sauros, a L98 wandering monster, stomping my way. I tried to hide off to the side, but I had a suspicion there wasn't enough space, and the unique was pretty low. Could I finish it off in time? The dino was getting awfully close... and he was onto me! He instantly killed Dunban while the Eka still had a sliver of health. I started backing off as he turned his attention to Sharla. I fired one last elemental, killing the Eka unique, as he killed Sharla. Then I turned and *fled*. I managed to get out of range, both my teammates dead, but with the unique dead and the big guy cheerily stomping past before I hit the chest.
Amazing.

Another great thing I noticed about the game about 10 game hours ago, when I was roughly 60 hours into the game: the treasure chests stay in the game world for at least several dozen hours, if not forever. I accidentally killed one of those floating elemental enemies while it was hovering over a rock that is unreachable by jumping, and I was shocked to return to the area several dozen hours later to find the chest still there, glowing, taunting me.

Simply incredible.

McNum

SecretMoblin said:
Amazing.

Another great thing I noticed about the game about 10 game hours ago, when I was roughly 60 hours into the game: the treasure chests stay in the game world for at least several dozen hours, if not forever. I accidentally killed one of those floating elemental enemies while it was hovering over a rock that is unreachable by jumping, and I was shocked to return to the area several dozen hours later to find the chest still there, glowing, taunting me.

Simply incredible.
I went back to Colony 9 and found a chest all in the middle of nowhere. Last time I was there was in the opening of the game. Not a rare chest or anything, just the standard wooden one. Got a Broken Antenna out of it, so worthless, yet kind of cool to have it there some good 35-ish hours later.

mclem

SecretMoblin said:
Amazing.

Simply incredible.

I suspect it's not time-based. I also suspect it's not infinite; my gut feeling is that it stores a list of chests it's created in your save, and those chests persist forever until they're consumed by the player. However, it's probably a finite list; if there's not enough space on the list, it would probably delete the eldest chest. If they're being really fancy with queueing techniques, they could delete common chests as a greater priority over rare or super rare, too.

So basically, I suspect that chest would vanish if you created enough *new* chests without opening them.

(I should warn you that - if they've not coded carefully, and this *is* the sort of thing it's very easy to miss, as a coder - it's not impossible that creating too many new chests could corrupt a save. I'm sure they were careful, but I ought to state that!)

Oxx

Chests might be the secret downfall of Xenoblade.

The only time I had some really bad slowdown was when I was in a battle and there were 10 chests around me.

mclem said:
I suspect it's not time-based. I also suspect it's not infinite; my gut feeling is that it stores a list of chests it's created in your save, and those chests persist forever until they're consumed by the player. However, it's probably a finite list; if there's not enough space on the list, it would probably delete the eldest chest. If they're being really fancy with queueing techniques, they could delete common chests as a greater priority over rare or super rare, too.

So basically, I suspect that chest would vanish if you created enough *new* chests without opening them.

(I should warn you that - if they've not coded carefully, and this *is* the sort of thing it's very easy to miss, as a coder - it's not impossible that creating too many new chests could corrupt a save. I'm sure they were careful, but I ought to state that!)
This explanation makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

gamingeek

Little help?

There is a cave behind the waterfall in Tephra cave, needs a key to open it. Where is said key?

Also in Makna forest on the top left of the map, left of the river there is an entrance or exit. I can't work out how to get there as it doesn't seem to link to the rest of the map.

BTW, you know the Bionite order enemies? For some reason, as Shulk all my attacks and I mean ALL my attacks, even the Monade only deal 1 point of damage wtf?

Also, I've started to come across enemies which cheat, stop you using your arts. I need to know the name of the move they are doing so I can equip some gems to stop that cheap ass shit.

Oxx said:
Chests might be the secret downfall of Xenoblade.

The only time I had some really bad slowdown was when I was in a battle and there were 10 chests around me.
Although, I do love the fact that they will not disappear even when you've left to another area. I went back to Guar Plains after I hit level 60 and a chest was still there that I apparently hadn't picked up in ages.

Dascu

gamingeek said:
Little help?

There is a cave behind the waterfall in Tephra cave, needs a key to open it. Where is said key?

Also in Makna forest on the top left of the map, left of the river there is an entrance or exit. I can't work out how to get there as it doesn't seem to link to the rest of the map.

BTW, you know the Bionite order enemies? For some reason, as Shulk all my attacks and I mean ALL my attacks, even the Monade only deal 1 point of damage wtf?

Also, I've started to come across enemies which cheat, stop you using your arts. I need to know the name of the move they are doing so I can equip some gems to stop that cheap ass shit.
1. End-game quest related.
2. You get there later in the game.
3. Monado doesn't work against humans, remember.
4. Arts Seal Resist gems should work.

CoolS

gamingeek said:
Little help?

That key n Tephra is apparantly endgame stuff so don't worry about it.

As for the damage stuff: Remember the cutscene in the beginning? The Monado connot harm humans. That's why you aren't doing any damage.

Finalow

Zornica said:
if you've got
k6 nature
rebuilt at max, you should be able to gather some lvl 5 crystals somewhere in the
ethermine
. look for the watercrystals(blue), save and collect, reload if they aren't hp.

@second question

endgamespoiler -
those 5 monados got different stats, some are better for fighting, one is for defense, another one does somesthing to your topple arts (i cant remember what vanea said)
imho the agni monado is the best one (think it was number 3?), but number 5 has by far the best design. you get the materials from nearly every lvl 80+ enemy you encountered throughout the game. (bionis leg, sator marsh, k6, valak mountains, new tephra area,...)
cant tell you more, i am still looking for monado #4 myself.
nature is at level 1, isn't there another way?
thanks anyway, for now i can't beat monsters lv 80 so i stay with the default one.

RPGCrazied

At least this rep at Zavvi agrees with me! So if some of you guys went with Zavvi and have not received it yet, I'd e-mail em about your order.

What a disaster this has been. Though I don't understand what she is going to do. Give me a refund and send me another copy? Or give me a refund, ship the other copy, get charged again? I told her to not to bother with that.

Thanks for your email. I am sorry that you have not received your order.

Your item was sent out to you on 15/8/11 and we would have expected it to arrive with you by now.

I will put a trace on your item and investigate further. In the meantime I will arrange a refund for you.

You will receive an e-mail once your replacement has been sent out.

Kind regards
Nancy

Dascu

JumpingTheGun said:
Upa embers in Makna Forest. wheres the best place to find them?
There's Upa near the Eks Watering Hole and down at the river (jump down). Not sure which drop the Upa Embers, or if both do.

RPGCrazied said:
At least this rep at Zavvi agrees with me! So if some of you guys went with Zavvi and have not received it yet, I'd e-mail em about your order.

What a disaster this has been. Though I don't understand what she is going to do. Give me a refund and send me another copy? Or give me a refund, ship the other copy, get charged again? I told her to not to bother with that.
probably wait. i bet the refund will take 10-15 days to credit back to you lol. so you better wait some more.

Oxx

RPGCrazied said:
So what other site do you guys suggest? GAME is sold out, so is ASDA and Shopto. eBay is to expensive.

Isn't the word that there isn't going to be a restock until mid-October?

RPGCrazied

If you can't help me with a serious answer, and have to make fun of my situation, then kindly not say anything. I really want to play this game. So, if you can't tell me what site I should go to that has faster shipping. This will probably be my last post on these forums. I'm going to get banned for saying this, but to you guys doing this, just

fuck off.

bye.

gamingeek

Dascu said:
1. End-game quest related.
2. You get there later in the game.
3. Monado doesn't work against humans, remember.
4. Arts Seal Resist gems should work.

Thanks guys, I forgot about that.

Sometimes though the game kicks you into a battle without letting you alter your party members? Doesn't that leave Shulk as just a damp squib if he's holding the Monado?

Dascu

RPGCrazied said:
If you can't help me with a serious answer, and have to make fun of my situation, then kindly not say anything. I really want to play this game. So, if you can't tell me what site I should go to that has faster shipping. This will probably be my last post on these forums. I'm going to get banned for saying this, but to you guys doing this, just

fuck off.

bye.
Heyah, I'm sorry. All I can say is be patient? I can't think of any other UK site that has the game in stock and delivers to the USA.

CoolS

RPGCrazied said:

fuck off.

bye.

I actually feel for you dude but at the same time your saga has been pretty amazing so far.

Top Bottom