• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Fomalhaut

Neo Member
NaughtyPrawn said:
Spoilers relate to pretty end game stuff:

So I'm lvl 70 and just inside the bionis interior and I have just tried to fight the telethia boss inside the bionis' heart. I'm feeling a little bit underlevelled although I kinda just want to push towards the games end at this point.

I'm just wondering where a good place to level for me would be or can I just push to finish the game at this point?

Bionis' Leg - Wind Cave.

The monsters there are level 71-74 if my memory serves me right.

waytofailself

Neo Member
richisawesome said:
I'm at the same point. It's incredible

amazing how I actually felt sorry for Egil at the end. Dude was just trying to save everyone, in his own twisted way. Zanza and Dickson are absolute bellends, can't wait to see them meet their end. Anyway, I'm in the Bionis Heart - and the latest cutscene was...disturbing, to say the least. heh.

Anyway. This is the only game to ever come close to Chrono Trigger and Majora's Mask for me, in terms of sucking me into such a brilliantly realised world. Xenoblade is in my top 3 games of all time, no doubt.
I have only started the fight but have not managed to beat the boss in
The Bionis Heart
, but I'll say one thing about the opening cut scene to that fight:
that kiss lasted a little TOO long

Another late game lv 70-75ish question:
Is getting those extra monados useful? Are they stronger? Just curious.

XPE

waytofailself said:
Another late game lv 70-75ish question:
Is getting those extra monados useful? Are they stronger? Just curious.

They all have different strengh's but there is no real need for them to complete the game.

Also
what are the other missing monado powers ?

I think they (
the replica Monados
) aren't really worth pursuing by themselves, since the stats are only slightly better. If you're grinding the higher levels, however, you can easily obtain the relevant materials (you only need like 1 of each, so it's not too hard).

Might be a larger spoiler, but... (and don't highlight until you've beaten the game)
you get a powerful Monado in New Game+
, which makes the rest redundant.

EDIT

Monado
powers?

Armour is from a hidden village quest. I think it's from a girl Machina who sometimes stands outside the village.

Eater is from a Giant's treasure chest, I think. I'm guessing from Agni's Tomb at Makna forest, right near the Valek mountain entrace.

anaron

Gvaz said:
Does anyone know if it would be worth it to write monolith soft a letter? Do you think they'd read it?
You could message monolithsoft's soraya saga on twitter. She's generally responsive to most tweets.

anaron

Just talked to desiree after folks on here kept blabbing on about some big revelation she spills...

I genuinely LOVE these kind of reveals through npcs. Makes everything in the game's world feels a lot more crucial and connected.

Gvaz

Banned
anaron said:
You could message monolithsoft's soraya saga on twitter. She's generally responsive to most tweets.
i messaged her but she seems to reply only in japanese, i can't speak moonrunes :(

Hiltz

Some of you guys have probably seen it, but there's this level up trick on youtube you can do on the Bionis Leg to get a specific lvl 78 monster to fall of the edge of a cliff and instantly die. It's pretty clever and makes it so much easier to aquire huge amounts of exp,affinity and skill points. I've only done it a few times today because it is pretty easy to mess up. Cool part is that you can do this at any level as long as you have
Melia
as party leader with
her sleep hypnosis and spear break moves. You can also do the same thing with the lvl 78 monster on those brown mushroom structures on top of the water.
Of course, you can also jump into the water after the monster has died to get their loot from the treasure chests.

Warning! Video features two of the later playable characters in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76mC8K8jxyM

I'm at level 63 and switched to using
Fiora with Dunban and Sharla but still need to increase a bit more affinity between them.

Horray! My game is here, but held hostage at the Post Office until I sign for it, which won't be until Saturday. If anyone is wondering, my copy was shipped Royal Mail, was handed over to the "overseas post office" on 9/14, and then attempted delivery today, so just over a week from the time it left the UK.

And a special fuck you again to Nintendo of America, you truly suck donkey dick.

Can't wait to play on Saturday!

RPGCrazied

60 hours!

Finally did the fortress.

DO NOT highlight if you aren't near the end of the game.

rescued Fiora finally. Those were some awesome cutscenes. Dickson is starting to smell foul. I met the mechon people, wasn't expecting that. Does the hidden village not have quests? I haven't seen any, tho I just got here.

Phenomic

RPGCrazied said:
60 hours!

rescued Fiora finally. Those were some awesome cutscenes. Dickson is starting to smell foul. I met the mechon people, wasn't expecting that. Does the hidden village not have quests? I haven't seen any, tho I just got here.

There is a good number, but not too many. Also, I don't think I noticed them at first either. They will start showing soon enough for you.

Leeness

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Should I install GeckoOS, Tiny Load, or StartPatch for my region-free gaming? Please help I couldn't find which one is better for Xenoblade!

I think Gecko is the easiest!

Valek
Mountain spoilers, levels 45+

Just reached the bottom of Valek and Mumkar is kicking my ass, so I retreated for a bit to go level up. I feel bad leaving Fiora there haha.

Pretentious alert!

http://xenoverse.xenotensei.com/articles/historyofxeno.htm

Really interesting read, but the random Xenoblade hate at the end is hilarious. If you like this game, you are the lowest common denominator and you should hate yourself!!11! I love all the Xeno games, what is wrong with me? :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RPGCrazied said:
60 hours!

That's not really anywhere near the end of the game...

RPGCrazied

Man God said:
That's not really anywhere near the end of the game...

It's not? 0_o

Good god, this game *is* shaping up to be the best jRPG this gen. Sorry Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey, you've been topped.

Leeness

Man God said:
The part where you like the other Xeno games. Especially the part of you that likes Saga II.

Haha Saga 2 is definitely the worst of the bunch but I still enjoyed the story.

Worst fan ever to enjoy all the games :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hiltz said:
Some of you guys have probably seen it, but there's this level up trick on youtube you can do on the Bionis Leg to get a specific lvl 78 monster to fall of the edge of a cliff and instantly die. It's pretty clever and makes it so much easier to aquire huge amounts of exp,affinity and skill points. I've only done it a few times today because it is pretty easy to mess up. Cool part is that you can do this at any level as long as you have
Melia
as party leader with
her sleep hypnosis and spear break moves. You can also do the same thing with the lvl 78 monster on those brown mushroom structures on top of the water.
Of course, you can also jump into the water after the monster has died to get their loot from the treasure chests.

Warning! Video features two of the later playable characters in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76mC8K8jxyM

I'm at level 63 and switched to using
Fiora with Dunban and Sharla but still need to increase a bit more affinity between them.

Ahahahaha, fantastic!

One more reason why Melia is the best Xenoblade playable character ever, hahaha.

At last, the game arrived, homebrew installed, gecko installed, title screen loaded!

And I'm off to bed, but ... excite! Tomorrow after work ought to be pretty awesome.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Elfforkusu said:
At last, the game arrived, homebrew installed, gecko installed, title screen loaded!

And I'm off to bed, but ... excite! Tomorrow after work ought to be pretty awesome.
Nice! I hope to be in your position in exactly a week!

flyover

Leeness said:
Haha Saga 2 is definitely the worst of the bunch but I still enjoyed the story.

Worst fan ever to enjoy all the games :(
Don't worry. You're not alone. I've loved all the Xeno- games, too. Even Xenosaga II. (I just loved it least.)

Xenoblade is something special, though. I don't know that I've ever played a game before for 100 hours and was ready to start it right back up again upon completion.

Pikma

Banned
Anabuhabkuss said:
Well, here's the thing, I can boot from disk but I can't boot from harddrive rip. This is odd.

I think your Xenoblade disc might have something wrong, you could always send it to me so I can give it a look for you (8

Hahaha jk :p
You can't boot nothing at all? or just XB?

Ydahs

Can someone please let me know if I'm halfway into the game:
MID(?) GAME SPOILER >>>
I've left the High Entia Tomb and the Mechons have invaded Eryth Sea
(surely I'm half way through?)

Need to know if I should ramp up my daily play time since I need to finish it with in the next ten days.

One more question: For how much longer are the timed quests in
Alcamoth
available?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ydahs said:
MID(?) GAME SPOILER >>>

Need to know if I should ramp up my daily play time since I need to finish it with in the next ten days.

Alcamoth
available?

You're maybe 39.723 percent done with the game.

Those quests are available for another 36.419 percent of the game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I just got the game. I wasn't going to originally because I am SO not a JRPG person, but I've spent a couple hours with the game...

I hate NoA for not believing in this, and I hate NoE for apparently not making a big push with it. I seriously don't see how this game wouldn't appeal to American gamers. It's got a loot system, it's got crafting, they probably could've called it better, single player WoW and people would've been all over it The Euro VAs are no worse than the average over-used voices we get for Japanese game dubs anyhow.

Rich!

AT THE FINAL BOSS

walking across the solar system was fucking bizarre. disapointing that Zanza stopped me just before I got to Earth...anyway. Now to kill him!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ydahs said:
MID(?) GAME SPOILER >>>

Alcamoth
available?

You still have a long way to go my friend. But if you really need to finish it within the next ten days, just ignore the sidequests that you cannot find. Or, stop sleeping/eating, hahaha.

Ydahs

Man God said:
You're maybe 39.723 percent done with the game.

Those quests are available for another 36.419 percent of the game.
Damn, was hoping I was a bit further in. I guess I'll increase my daily play time by 31.4%
Laughing Banana said:
You still have a long way to go my friend. But if you really need to finish it within the next ten days, just ignore the sidequests that you cannot find. Or, stop sleeping/eating, hahaha.
Well, the good thing is this game is one of the best I've ever played so I'll be able to get 4+ hours in on a daily basis without it becoming a chore.

Leeness

flyover said:
Don't worry. You're not alone. I've loved all the Xeno- games, too. Even Xenosaga II. (I just loved it least.)

Xenoblade is something special, though. I don't know that I've ever played a game before for 100 hours and was ready to start it right back up again upon completion.

It really is. I haven't played a game like this for a long time. And I'm normally not a quest person, I usually march through the story, but I even want to quest in this game. I'm probably not doing as much as some people here, but I find myself doing them quite a bit, or putting in a couple hour session of just quests.

Though the story is picking up a lot now and I'm anxious haha.

Sword
Valley though and I just ran into the first boss who is four levels higher than me and just wiped the floor with my corpse, so I think I gotta backtrack a bit, do some quests and grind a bit, get at least a couple more levels.

anaron said:
Oh look, another weeaboo with access to the internet. :p

I enjoyed the notion that Takahashi was forced to make Xenoblade. The poor man if such a thing is true!

Also, damn him for getting older and for his tastes changing!

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
RPGCrazied said:
Good god, this game *is* shaping up to be the best jRPG this gen. Sorry Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey, you've been topped.

No question, no contest. Xenoblade's in a category all of it's own.

richisawesome said:
AT THE FINAL BOSS

walking across the solar system was fucking bizarre. disapointing that Zanza stopped me just before I got to Earth...anyway. Now to kill him!

Yo. Endgame spoiler shizz.

Such an incredible moment. Jaw was floor bound the whole way through, though it just kind of stayed that way since I turned the game on. Such an incredible experience.

Pikma

Banned
Anabuhabkuss said:
I CAN boot brawl and xenoblade from disk but when I rip to harddrive, it wont boot from the rips at all.

Oh I see, that's weird, never ran into something like that, but I'll try and investigate that for you. :)

Rich!

Just finished the game. About the final plotpoint:

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK? Absolutely bizarre.

explains a lot though, I guess.

turns out it was the matrix all along, lol.

So I tried to switch from my usual teammate Reyn(along with Mr D.) to
Melia/Rikki/Carla
as most of GAF seem to do that.

Well, what should I say. it sucked ass.
While I needed almost 5min to down a L53
walking Mechon Fortress
(I'm at L52 btw) with
Melia(Yes, I did upgrade her teqs etc) and Dunban
, I annihilated the same in under 1min with Reyn and
Dunban

<3 my team of total destruction and brutal extinction

although some elemental attacks of
Melia
look badass.

Rich!

Right, a few thoughts:

spoilers!

the final plot twist being that the entire world was an experiement by scientists on earth (those two being meyneth and claus/zanza) actually makes sense...everything in the world (machina/telethia/mechon/ether) seems like seperate pieces of a computer program designed to run on an endless cycle.

And Alvis being the A.I of the entire experiment makes sense. Anyway. 60 hours, finished.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
richisawesome said:
Right, a few thoughts:

spoilers!

the final plot twist being that the entire world was an experiement by scientists on earth (those two being meyneth and claus/zanza) actually makes sense...everything in the world (machina/telethia/mechon/ether) seems like seperate pieces of a computer program designed to run on an endless cycle.

And Alvis being the A.I of the entire experiment makes sense. Anyway. 60 hours, finished.

I thought the entire world of Xenoblade
was not an experiment but rather something that was born due to an experiment
, right?

guek

Banned
Aveyn Knight said:
Okay, here's your progressed file.

I made two extra saves, one a System save right after I skipped the next cutscene and another one that I saved myself at the beginning of
Makna Forest
. Hope it works!

EDIT

Also, lol at the save file image
infinite Rikis!
. It was interesting to see "Beginning of the world" (the NA subtitle) as the subtitle as well.
thank you so much!!! i'll let you know if it works

Rich!

Laughing Banana said:
I thought the entire world of Xenoblade
was not an experiment but rather something that was born due to an experiment
, right?

Of course, but
the way I see it, the creators still view it as an experiment and handle it as such

RPGCrazied said:
It's not? 0_o

Haha, you still have a ways to go. :p

But it's by far the best in a looooooooooooooooooooong time.

Top Bottom