• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILT

Banned
After a random battle:
Cross/My character: "(Something about humanity) But it all feels so futile!"
H.B.: "Stick with me and I promise it WON'T be futile."

O-oh

Kinsei

Banned
Um.. when can my party members use skells?

I mean I can give them the one they gave me, but I lost my last insurance ticket fighting the global nemesis :( so if I give it to Elma and it gets destroyed, I have to pay the salvage fee.

But I bought another Skell Frame and only I can use it... wtf?

Are they a high enough level?

Um.. when can my party members use skells?

I mean I can give them the one they gave me, but I lost my last insurance ticket fighting the global nemesis :( so if I give it to Elma and it gets destroyed, I have to pay the salvage fee.

But I bought another Skell Frame and only I can use it... wtf?

From my experience/understanding, the frames have a minimum level requirement. The one you have from the exam is a Level 20 Frame. The ones you buy from the shop are Level 30 and up onward. When you or a character you have in your party hits Level 30, you can register them to a frame of that minimum level requirement.

I had that same confusion myself.

Ozium

Are they a high enough level?

what level do they need to be? and why can they pilot the first one no problem?

From my experience, the frames have a minimum level requirement. The one you have from the exam is a Level 20 Frame. The ones you buy from the shop are Level 30 and up onward. When a character hits Level 30, you can register them to the frame of that minimum level requirement.

I had that same confusion myself.

ahh, I see.. Thanks.. The level of the Skell must be shown on the data in the shop but I must have missed it... so many numbers

---

also, sidenote, but is there any rhyme or reason on how you can get map segments updated? I've run around town and nothing pops up, I randomly found a heart to heart for a side character this way.. and I have Gwin's 2nd heart to heart marked but no idea where the first is... :/

Back to dying all the time.

Just can't generate TP fast enough in battle. I'm not sure what the point of all these TP skills are when you're permanently treading water below 1000.

Kinsei

Banned

also, sidenote, but is there any rhyme or reason on how you can get map segments updated? I've run around town and nothing pops up, I randomly found a heart to heart for a side character this way.. and I have Gwin's 2nd heart to heart marked but no idea where the first is... :/

The one you get has a level requirement of 20 and the ones you buy are level 30 or higher. I believe it's in a similar spot to the gear requirements when you go to buy it.

People with yellow speech bubbles over their head update your map when you walk by.

Back to dying all the time.

Just can't generate TP fast enough in battle. I'm not sure what the point of all these TP skills are when you're permanently treading water below 1000.

TP racks up super fast. Get some TP boosting skills and/or weapons with high TP gain and you'll almost never have to worry about it.

random25

Some events trigger segment updates. Some after quests have been completed. Some are given by NPCs when you pass them by (the ones with yellow smiley thingie).

Mistle

If you pass by people with information, they update your map to show which segment they will be at for the heart-to-heart and at what time. Also shows requirements (ie. you need to have the cat in your Barracks for Heart-to-heart 2 with Elma, and to get it you need to do the affinity mission Nine Lives which is in the northern commercial district).

You don't miss heart-to-hearts, you clear one then the next one is available when conditions like time of day are met.
Thanks!

Ah yeah, I did notice speech bubbles updating segments but mustn't have passed the right people yet for heart to hearts. Still a bit odd that i essentially have to run around hoping to find the right one but it's better than getting my phone out at least :p

What's the different between yellow speech bubbles and blue? Do only yellow update the segments?

Teknoman

You can name your Skell right?

Also action!

RTa86Cy.jpg

random25

Thanks!

Ah yeah, I did notice speech bubbles updating segments but mustn't have passed the right people yet for heart to hearts. Still a bit odd that i essentially have to run around hoping to find the right one but it's better than getting my phone out at least :p

What's the different between yellow speech bubbles and blue? Do only yellow update the segments?

Yellow updates the segment map, then turns to blue afterwards after they gave the info for the first time.

TP racks up super fast. Get some TP boosting skills and/or weapons with high TP gain and you'll almost never have to worry about it.
Don't see many weapons with high TP gain, and I don't think I've seen a single TP boosting skill?

I can increase my max TP, but that does fuck all when the only way I can max it out is by farming weak monsters for 20 minutes.

Nope. Some do, like the helicopter one. Professor B doesn't tell you shit and, again, this item is a rare drop in the middle of buttfuck nowhere in the ocean on a path that is not useful to go anywhere except a tiny island with a level 80 tyrant. Like, you can't even step foot on land without aggroing him it's so tiny. And this unlocks one of the NLA shops. It's ridiculous. Even if you went out there just for the hell of it, which is imaginable, there's nothing to do, nowhere to go, it's tiny, and the drop can take hours. Who goes to the middle of nowhere and swims in circles for hours? It's unreasonable.

This actually sounds awesome to me. I've always enjoyed when jrpgs have obscure hidden rewards. It's not like you need to do it. It's a secret.

El Odio

Banned
Thanks!

Yellow update segments in the various maps, and blue is just generic talk. Dark Blue is a formally yellow tibit.

Chastten

Banned
So, after some more grinding yesterday I completed chapters 7 & 8 back to back last night. With a party at level 33/34 and fully equiped level 30 mechs I defeated the chapter 7 boss in about 6 or 7 seconds, while the chapter 8 boss lasted around 20 seconds. Feels good.

Will do some more grinding today and get the flying mech tonight. Work is picking up after today so I wanna get all the grinding out of the way, getting the flying skill should help with that I figure.

Kinsei

Banned
Don't see many weapons with high TP gain, and I don't think I've seen a single TP boosting skill?

I can increase my max TP, but that does fuck all when the only way I can max it out is by farming weak monsters for 20 minutes.

What class are you? Maybe it just happens to be one with slow TP gain.

Vena

Assault Rifle works great for me with Photon Saber as my main damage source.

Mistle

Yellow updates the segment map, then turns to blue afterwards after they gave the info for the first time.
Yellow update segments in the various maps, and blue is just generic talk. Dark Blue is a formally yellow tibit.
It's great when things start making sense. Thanks!

So passing by a yellow speech bubble not only marks the map but "activates" that content? Or are they essential hints for already existing content?

What class are you? Maybe it just happens to be one with slow TP gain.
Galactic Knight.

But every class seems to have a lot of TP based skills, if some have slow TP gain that seems like a really bizarre design decision (and those classes should be avoided like the plague)

Diablos54

40 hours in and the last chapter I did was 5, haven't even touched the last 2 continents yet! This game really is gonna take a while.

El Odio

Banned
It's great when things start making sense. Thanks!

So passing by a yellow speech bubble not only marks the map but "activates" that content? Or are they essential hints for already existing content?
You don't need to hear any gossip/pass the yellow speech bubbles to complete the particular task in each hex. Since treasure and tyrant hexes my have more than one of each in the marked space whatever you here will just specify which one will mark it as complete and up your survey progress.

gonna start planning for 2nd playthrough to do during next free time... target: beat the story at even lower level than what i'm on atm. best case probably somewhere around 36, worst case is 45 (at beginning of final chapter) like the current one... bonus: even worse equipment than my current crappy gear (25-35) haha

MrPanic

Great color job man!

Must have been hard to get them to all together in a good shot like that.

Actually, they kinda stood like that on accident, pretty much the reason I had to immediately make a screenshot of it. Only had to tinker with the settings to get the camera angle right and the UI out.

I wasn't really feeling the skells at first, but now I got a team of them it's pretty badass.

The best TP gain I've accomplished has been through the path to Full Metal Jaguar. There are some types of dual blades that have higher tp gain than others, coupled with a skill that increases the auto attack cool down, an art that gives 1000 tp for half your hp, and another art(i believe this one is from dual guns) that grants critical power and 200 tp per use. There's also dual gun skill that grants a lot of tp per hit. But honestly I dropped the dual gun stuff and mixed my dual blades with the Ray gun arts. I haven't used any other class that gets tp like this one.

Gotta say, I'm rather disappointed that Monolith went the Korean MMO slooty armor approach for female characters as opposed to the more tasteful Dark Souls approach of both genders having the same exact armor models. Or hell, at least color options so that everything that IS tasteful (AKA, not Candid&Credible) doesn't have to be Purple or Pink while the male equivalent has a more professional olive-drab color scheme.

Made a bunch of female characters that I'm never going to use because I'm just not quite into having my character be a T&A fanservice machine. The Waifu Brigade is going to have to sit on the sidelines until I find an armor that's female equivalent doesn't look Idea Factory inspired.

Oh well, at least I have Dunban. And Geralt.

Kinsei

Banned
Gotta say, I'm rather disappointed that Monolith went the Korean MMO slooty armor approach for female characters as opposed to the more tasteful Dark Souls approach of both genders having the same exact armor models. Or hell, at least color options so that everything that IS tasteful (AKA, not Candid&Credible) doesn't have to be Purple or Pink while the male equivalent has a more professional olive-drab color scheme.

Made a bunch of female characters that I'm never going to use because I'm just not quite into having my character be a T&A fanservice machine. The Waifu Brigade is going to have to sit on the sidelines until I find an armor that's female equivalent doesn't look Idea Factory inspired.

The heavy Grenada and Mereidth & Co armor sets look alright. They do have stupid latex asses though.

Golnei

I did NOT expect that voice to come out of L

It's awful. I honestly think he's worse than Tatsu in that regard; even if he's nowhere near as annoying as a character.

I would never have expected the
Ma-non
to be the most endearing alien race...

It's the genre aesthetic. The game is pretty clearly going for that sort of pulpy space anime approach, and realistic female armour has no place in it. It'd cheapen the game as a whole to not have garish boob armour and thongs, sacrificing its heart as a loving homage to make concessions to a very different tradition.

Kinsei

Banned
It's the genre aesthetic. The game is pretty clearly going for that sort of pulpy space anime approach, and realistic female armour has no place in it. It'd cheapen the game as a whole to not have garish boob armour and thongs, sacrificing its heart as a loving homage to make concessions to a very different tradition.

I can never tell when you're being sarcastic.

Evilkazz

Banned

Well I'd beg you to reconsider. Even though arguably the majority of the female versions of most armor is made to show off curves and caress certain areas there are still a good amount of completely fine for both gendered armor sets. Though the T&A armor does appeal to me I'm glad that they went so far with how much armor they were willing to make. There's seriously a ton a variety to the armor models made for this game that I'm still surprised at how much there is to see. Much more than many western RPG's I've played (even taking out all of the duplicate armor sets).

After I beat this game's story I sure am going to go collecting a lot of the various armor I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom