• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

Gotta say, I'm rather disappointed that Monolith went the Korean MMO slooty armor approach for female characters as opposed to the more tasteful Dark Souls approach of both genders having the same exact armor models. Or hell, at least color options so that everything that IS tasteful (AKA, not Candid&Credible) doesn't have to be Purple or Pink while the male equivalent has a more professional olive-drab color scheme.

Made a bunch of female characters that I'm never going to use because I'm just not quite into having my character be a T&A fanservice machine. The Waifu Brigade is going to have to sit on the sidelines until I find an armor that's female equivalent doesn't look Idea Factory inspired.

Oh well, at least I have Dunban. And Geralt.

I agree. It was tough creating a female character that didn't look like a sexed up squeeze toy, but I was pretty happy with how my character had turned out. A nice balance of tough and sexy, me thinks:

K5dBhAd.jpg

Wgh5oFa.jpg

gZXpEk8.jpg

TWILT

Banned
End of chapter 5

WhoawhoawhoaWHOA. This is some...pretty heavy stuff. x_x I went wtf so hard when I lost my arm; didn't expect that plot twist at all.

The "find your party members" thing is SO UNNECESSARY

I really do wonder why they thought that was a good idea. It can be mitigated, sure, but it doesn't benefit anything.

Firehead

End of chapter 5

WhoawhoawhoaWHOA. This is some...pretty heavy stuff. x_x I went wtf so hard when I lost my arm; didn't expect that plot twist at all.

Yeah, just got to that part as well.
Holy shit. Glad they explained the timer and everything. My mind though... @_@

Golnei

The "find your party members" thing is SO UNNECESSARY

I really do wonder why they thought that was a good idea. It can be mitigated, sure, but it doesn't benefit anything.

I guess they wanted to you to see your party members standing around in the world instead of being intangible. But there's no reason for that to not coexist with a less tedious character switching mechanic - if they just let you keep an actual reserve party of three or four and just have everyone not currently active idle in their standard positions, it'd make things so much more painless.

Astral Dog

Whats up with the party members, i cant get any random to join, because its full or something, neither Doug even if there is four slots , then im not sure why this one with glasses could join for a mission.,

When I've defeated tyrants or found new locations, I will get an alert saying that I should report my findings.

What does this mean? Is there a location that I visit to do this? Or is it just meaningless chatter?

Whats up with the party members, i cant get any random to join, because its full or something, neither Doug even if there is four slots , then im not sure why this one with glasses could join for a mission.,

Are you on H.B's affinity mission? You can't switch anyone out until it's over.

Renewed

When I've defeated tyrants or found new locations, I will get an alert saying that I should report my findings.

What does this mean? Is there a location that I visit to do this? Or is it just meaningless chatter?

The game's telling you to be a pal and use BLADE Report on the Gamepad to let other players know where to find something or to share your thoughts on something like the story. I only use it to let people know where a relevant Squad Task thing might be.

Astral Dog

Are you on H.B's affinity mission? You can't switch anyone out until it's over.

oh it was that? weird, i forgot could not complete that mission until finishing another with the mining probes.
Good to know its going to be easier from now on...

Also, its very annoying how more than half monsters are above your level range :/

And on the first area, the original game was more balanced on this,

The game's telling you to be a pal and use BLADE Report on the Gamepad to let other players know where to find something or to share your thoughts on something like the story. I only use it to let people know where a relevant Squad Task thing might be.

Ahh, gotcha. I've been writing little messages here and there, so I guess I'm doing my part. Thanks so much for clarifying, much appreciated!

Vena

Oh, that reminds me. The Gamepad occasionally tells me I have spoils to collect but I have no idea where I am supposed to do that.

Division Spoils are in your barracks (Division Activity).

Scout Rewards are at the terminal next to the Basic Quests terminal.

Eleanora went over all that at the beginning but its easy to overlook.

random25

Oh, that reminds me. The Gamepad occasionally tells me I have spoils to collect but I have no idea where I am supposed to do that.

The multiplayer console inside the barracks give the spoils for the division spoils. For the squad mission rewards, it's on the console just outside of the barracks, on the right side of the mission board.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Man I try and try and try to get into this game but I kind of can't take it. I have played around 7 hours and I dread sitting down with it. I just do not like a single thing about it, really. I was really excited for this game, as well. The last game that disappointed me so much was Metal Gear Solid 4 but at least that was only like 20 hours. From what I understand I wouldn't even have a mech by then in this game. I will give it one more long sit down, maybe something will click finally.

Zekes!

It's pretty cool that you can have a pretty female dominated party, especially if you make your character a girl.

I was running around today doing side quests and stopped to realize it for a second.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man I try and try and try to get into this game but I kind of can't take it. I have played around 7 hours and I dread sitting down with it. I just do not like a single thing about it, really. I was really excited for this game, as well. The last game that disappointed me so much was Metal Gear Solid 4 but at least that was only like 20 hours. From what I understand I wouldn't even have a mech by then in this game. I will give it one more long sit down, maybe something will click finally.

What class are you playing?

Try doing what you like and don't focus on other things.

yami4ct

I'm currently running a Samurai Gunner and I feel like I'm just barely getting a grasp what they can do. What's a good arts setup?

For reference, I lean towards range while mixing in melee for specific abilities, IE Decoy Shot->Rising Blade. Been using Assault Hammer and the Blaze arts a lot. Defense Stance is my main TP user.

Chazbc24

Neo Member
So anyone?

this is an awful game to start as your first RPG, in my opinion. I have played through hundreds of RPGs including xenoblade chronicles nearly 3 times and i am still having a hard time wrapping my head around all the layers of mechanics.

loving every minute tho...

It's pretty cool that you can have a pretty female dominated party, especially if you make your character a girl.

I was running around today doing side quests and stopped to realize it for a second.

It's a little like Dragon Age Inquisition in that if you make a female character, almost all the important players in the story are female.

Actually, this whole game feels like a more refined DAI but with less Templars and Mages and more mecha and anime.

Shun

I'm currently running a Samurai Gunner and I feel like I'm just barely getting a grasp what they can do. What's a good arts setup?

For reference, I lean towards range while mixing in melee for specific abilities, IE Decoy Shot->Rising Blade. Been using Assault Hammer and the Blaze arts a lot. Defense Stance is my main TP user.

You want to choose either or as a focus rather than both. Choosing melee or ranged rather than both means that you cool down faster because you don't have to focus on both weapons at the same time.

I think that you should change your Soul Voice and choose the skills that gain you the most TP, then find combos for your skills that stack off each other. Like melee combos or attack from behind or with an aura.

What you want to be doing is racking enough TP so that you can consistently go into Overdrive and deal significant damage. Melee naturally gains more TP and benefits more from this while ranged gains TP slower and benefits more from TP arts.

Find what's more comfortable for you. I personally find that some TP arts are kind of a waste of TP since I can be using those for buffs or to go into overdrive.

Once you get the hang of it, getting TP and cool downs should be a nonissue at all.

Evilkazz

Banned
What are everyone's preferred Grind spots to get companions up to lvl 30?

I've experimented with a couple places but generally either the fights take too long or I'm not getting as much experience for them as I'd like.

I find the little island chain at the very north of Primordia is a great spot. Enemies range from 31-37 prone/purges, and with my mech setup they usually go down in less than 12 seconds.

Trained Murderess and Frye up to Skell level pretty fast. Are there better spots?

yami4ct

You want to choose either or as a focus rather than both. Choosing melee or ranged rather than both means that you cool down faster because you don't have to focus on both weapons at the same time.

I think that you should change your Soul Voice and choose the skills that gain you the most TP, then find combos for your skills that stack off each other. Like melee combos or attack from behind or with an aura.

What you want to be doing is racking enough TP so that you can consistently go into Overdrive and deal significant damage. Melee naturally gains more TP and benefits more from this while ranged gains TP slower and benefits more from TP arts.

Find what's more comfortable for you. I personally find that some TP arts are kind of a waste of TP since I can be using those for buffs or to go into overdrive.

Once you get the hang of it, getting TP and cool downs should be a nonissue at all.

I'm already running a majority ranged stuff (Think I have only 2 melee arts). Guess I'll just drop those and picked up some more ranged stuff as I'm already super comfortable with that.

Do regular melee attacks trigger Soul Voice callouts for melee? That's the only reason I could see keeping one on my pallet.

For the "Acorn...Abacuses?", where can I find the Acorn Abacuses? I notice on the google doc it says it can be found in the North Coast, so does it show up in any of the item orbs or in a specif spot there? Also it says it can be found in Arlent, but I don't know where that is. Any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom