• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoboy

How do I know if my probes have given me stuff over time? Like the white cometite.
I guess it just appear randomly, but I dunno.

The multiplayer in this game is so.... different. I don't know if I like it or not.

I just solo'd two open world squad missions for the clear. Then got invited to one of the resulting squad missions. Was neat until everything died in seconds. Do squad missions get any harder?

I still wish the mp side was more active and less passive. I see player characters standing around so I can scout them but I would much prefer to see them running around. I think the game misses out on a huge potential to make hunting tyrants a more community focused task. I can see they track it etc but hunting parties on the fly would be so much more exciting.

I have done one or two quests with a party and they are really short. Do they vary in length later on?
As someone who recently played an MMO no thanks. It harms immersion for one thing when you see other dudes running around with your party members, but the biggest issue is when you have to fight a specific enemy that only spawns every x amount of time and there's like 3-4 other dudes waiting to do the same.

Let's not even mention trying to collect items around a certain area and having to race against 2 other dudes.

The game would have to do all of these work arounds to make it viable.

Astral Dog

I really like the game so far (11 hour in). But my only complain is how overall easy the game is so far. I've died a few time because i was clearly too low level for the ennemies i was trying. Does the game get more challenging futher you advance? i've read horrible story with some chapter boss, but does sidequest tyran become much harder ? I'm also trying not to overleved the content.
you are finding it easy? weird with all the high level monsters around i think its much more difficult than the first so far, except for the story missions. also you take too long to level up.

One question, why cant learn more ARTS? there are two empty slots available, but now that i changed classes i have to learn the old ones over again...

Mupod

finally maxed duelist last night. Now that I have some very, very badass Skells I should have no trouble leveling up other classes.

I wanted to try the enforcer/mastermind line but I'd imagine my current unlocked arts, weapons and skills would mesh better with the middle tree. I'm also really enjoying the crazy momentum and combos I can pull off in Overclock mode so I might just stay as a melee fighter.

I was originally planning to play this game as a 'tank' but aggro works very differently than in the previous game. The basic idea of the battle system may be similar but it feels a lot less like just playing an MMO party by yourself.

aravuus

Pain is a pretty important response. It allows us to know when we've been hurt.
mims
without pain would probably die very easily

Well in that sense, yeah, but they could have just different signals for "you're hurting in this area, buddy". Going by the chapter 5 cutscene
it looks like they can feel pain immense enough to cripple their other functions,
which seems counter-intuitive.

screenshots from yesterday

DQrI1s9.jpg

iZT4ZFe.jpg

IzuCq39.jpg

anyone else stuck at work wishing they were home playing XCX say asscave

everyday this week, but I'll let L speak for me.

Fishious

you are finding it easy? weird with all the high level monsters around i think its much more difficult than the first so far, except for the story missions. also you take too long to level up.

One question, why cant learn more ARTS? there are two empty slots available, but now that i changed classes i have to learn the old ones over again...

Not sure I understand the question. Arts are linked to weapons. If you change to a new class that uses different weapons you won't be able to use any of the arts you previously learned. If you go through class trees that use the same weapons, you'll be able to equip arts from a variety of classes. One you fully max one of the branches you will have the option of using that class's weapons with any other class.

Dineren

Banned

They are tied to the weapon so when you change to a class with a different weapon type you have to learn new ones.

Well in that sense, yeah, but they could have just different signals for "you're hurting in this area, buddy". Going by the chapter 5 cutscene
it looks like they can feel pain immense enough to cripple their other functions,
which seems counter-intuitive.
maybe they just couldn't tune it that well, given that they're based on human physiology

Skulldead

Xenoblade chronicle was clearly way too easy category because of the accuracy level différence. But i dont know from what everybody was talking i was waiting for something a little more hard. If the game stay that way i'm fine, i juste dont want to everything to become easier, because i'll get bore fast i'm pretty sure.

Baliis

So, about (post-ch5 spoilers)
mims: do they feel pain? If yes, why?????

Well they're supposed to mimic humans as closely as possible.
. I can't remember, do they say that
the people who became mims will go back to their normal bodies when they can? It would make sense for mims to be as human as possible then, imagine having a body that didn't need to eat, sleep, feel pain, etc, for months, then going back to a normal body. Would be crazy to have to adjust to normality again.

Shun

They appear with red markers on them, so you see a chunk of them as you run around. You need story progress to get all of them.

I'm past Chapter 10, I just have a hard time looking for them because it hurts my eyes looking for the red indicators. I found 38 so far, trying to find the other 11 before the next set.

aravuus

maybe they just couldn't tune it that well, given that they're based on human physiology

Honestly? This sounds like a convenient excuse

But as long as there are no plot developments that rely on the
mims feeling pain (like, say, someone couldn't save someone else cause they're hurting so much or whatever)
, I suppose I'm fine with it. It just struck me as odd.

NeonZ

So, about (post-ch5 spoilers)
mims: do they feel pain? If yes, why?????

It's mentioned that mins were
designed to allow them to feel as human as possible. They even seem to have some kind of circulatory system and can die from "bleeding".

Dice//

Banned
Any good tips for what to do with probes? I'd hate to think the way I'm playing this whole time is....y'know, less efficient (the world is big enough to deal with).

Also, and I hate getting into broad strokes here: But how do you "level up" for equipment? Is it class level or just base level?

Honestly? This sounds like a convenient excuse

But as long as there are no plot developments that rely on the
mims feeling pain (like, say, someone couldn't save someone else cause they're hurting so much or whatever)
, I suppose I'm fine with it. It just struck me as odd.

I feel it works better this way for the story
they are made so life like that people can forget and live normal human lives, the whole forget thing would not work if they did not eat, sleep, of worry about getting sick, killed, or feeling pain

you are not motivated to survive
if you were not afraid of pain or death

fear of pain is a great motivation for survival

Any good tips for what to do with probes? I'd hate to think the way I'm playing this whole time is....y'know, less efficient (the world is big enough to deal with).

Also, and I hate getting into broad strokes here: But how do you "level up" for equipment? Is it class level or just base level?
Don't plant more mine probes when you're maxing out your Miranium storage already

careksims

So I finally got the game this past Tues. This game... there's a addicting nature to it and it scratches my JRPG itch sooo good. I like to think this is one of the best reasons to get a Wii U.

I'm doing work, but all I could think about is playing this game!

Xenoboy

To level up equipment go to the AM's and they'll tell you what you need to upgrade it.
With probes, I just try chain them and use them according to the locations qualities. Like A in production and C in revenue you would be better off using a mining probe.

h0tp0ck3t

So if I'm understanding the manual Overdrive is: fire off all melee arts, use a buff or an aura, fire off all gun arts, then use another buff or aura, rinse repeat?

Serick

Married Member
I'm so torn on which class path to go down first.

I'm a little LTTP...

Anyone have any pros/cons for the three paths? Which do you guys like the most?

The cheater's way of playing. I personally like to know my playtime accurately so I'd never do that

heh, that is my play time as long as I am earning

turn the game off earns me nothing so the time ON counts to me besides I want to play this only once 100%

I do not see it as cheating those mining probes did not lay themselves

I think of Mira as a huge holodeck if you ever fly or swim to the edge you'll see what I mean
leave the program running

for those who work it is a time saver

Diablos54

So if I'm understanding the manual Overdrive is: fire off all melee arts, use a buff or an aura, fire off all gun arts, then use another buff or aura, rinse repeat?
I've just been spamming arts as quick as I can, seems to have worked so far. Doubt it'll do much once I take on stronger monster though.

I'm so torn on which class path to go down first.

I'm a little LTTP...

Anyone have any pros/cons for the three paths? Which do you guys like the most?
I've only maxed the duelist chain and am currently almost maxed on the class before galactic knight. Kind of wish the tp gain on the latter wasn't so ass

aravuus

I feel it works better this way for the story
they are made so life like that people can forget and live normal human lives, the whole forget thing would not work if they did not eat, sleep, of worry about getting sick, killed, or feeling pain

you are not motivated to survive
if you were not afraid of pain or death

fear of pain is a great motivation for survival

Is it pointed out anywhere why
they are designed to feel human-like? I thought the mims were meant to be used as tools to operate the ark as efficiently as possible rather than as permanent replacements for the real bodies. Are the people planning on staying inside their mims forever?

And wouldn't living in a robotic body that can be endlessly re-produced do the exact opposite and lessen the fear of death? The characters even comment on this during the story, going "yeah well we lost him, truly a shame, but it was just his mim body so hey no probs he'll be back later" every now and then.

Serick

Married Member
I've only maxed the duelist chain and am currently almost maxed on the class before galactic knight. Kind of wish the tp gain on the latter wasn't so ass

Yeah I've noticed I'm super TP starved as a duelist but it still seems to do the most damage by far at level 10.

Anyone know when and where Lin's fifth and final heart to heart is? The guide and the few answers I find online give a specific time in a specific spot, but I'm there [post chapter 6, pre chapter 7] and nothing happens. I know that Elma had one of her heart to hearts being tied to a story chapter for obvious reasons, but does Lin do the same?

And to those wondering, every party member has heart to hearts throughout the map. They don't tend to do much besides give you extra chances at gaining affinity from them though. They aren't very character expanding usually, just emphasizes their traits.

Also you don't need to find a random NPC to point the location for you if you have already done all of the requirements for a heart to heart (usually it's just having the appropriate heart). If you know the location and time it's supposed to happen you can go there and search around for the party member to talk with them.

NeonZ

Is it pointed out anywhere why
they are designed to feel human-like? I thought the mims were meant to be used as tools to operate the ark as efficiently as possible rather than as permanent replacements for the real bodies. Are the people planning on staying inside their mims forever?

It's because
they didn't know how long it'd take to find an inhabitable planet. The Mims were made in the first place to allow space explorers to live for years, without being fated to die before finding a new planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom