• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Spoilers Thread

Klyka

Banned
You know in other mecha anime like when the final battle ends, the mechs get wrecked or totalled or sacrificed to save the MC. Does your mechs suffer the same fate after the final battle/ending?

Nope.
Basically,the story of the game is in now way "epic world/galaxy crazy shit you saved all existence". It is VERY focused on humanity and saving their presence on Mira.
The game/life continues as normal after the final boss.

Also there are a SHIT TON of sidequests that give huge backstory, bring new characters in and change the world.

Fandangox

I want to see some cool monsters.

Someone post some pics of cool monsters.

There you...

zlCfzTTGFx0vGdcBIP

...go?

moozoom

Nope, as far as I have seen.

Seems like he is not, unless its a very good hidden unlockable.

Owww... too bad. His stature is probably too different from the other characters to share the same equipment and clothes. Almost looks like he's from a different game.

Maybe in a DLC of some sort... ?

Any boss bigger than that huge one people were posting on the other threads? Or even other ones that are as big?

Also, Elma is hot.

Neiteio

I must have every mech

But I can only use one mech at a time

This must be how billionaires with 1,000 rooms in their house must feel

Is it the one posted right below you?

Yes, this is the one.

I was wondering if there are other battles like that, or if that is just a specific part of the game and then it's over =X

Also, can you fight them on foot?

I'm sure you can fight a level 39 on foot that is if this is not going to jus fly away

you should see the level 99 monster which one shots you without a doll

I'm sure you can fight a level 39 on foot that is if this is not going to jus fly away

you should see the level 99 monster which one shots you without a doll

So if I fight that thing on foot I'm basically fighting against a city (and I can win).

I feel like grinding enough to one-shot this boss must be super cool.

Neiteio

So if I fight that thing on foot I'm basically fighting against a city (and I can win).

Player: BACK SLASH!

*leaps up and knicks city-sized flying saucer with the tip of his sword*

Player: YES!

*city-sized flying saucer crashes on New Los Angeles and kills everyone*

Player: ...NO!

Player: BACK SLASH!

*leaps up and knicks city-sized flying saucer with the tip of his sword*

Player: YES!

*city-sized flying saucer crashes on New Los Angeles and kills everyone*

Player: ...NO!

Good luck getting to the back of this thing =P

But basically, yeah. Mecha titan attacking everyone, I touch it with my dagger and it just falls over.

"Bow before god!"

I'll actually try to fight this thing on foot =P

Leeness

So what is the story actually about?

My obviously succinct plot summary but in spoilers anyway since I don't know if parts of the ending have been talked about yet?

All I've really seen is we went to earth after space war, everyone is a robot, the bodies of the robots are in LIFE, then they're actually not, someone named Lao is the final boss, and suddenly Elma was KOSMOS and creates a cat from cloud uploaded DNA. The end but the story will continue forever.

Obviously I'm missing a lot lol, but it seems kind of simple for a Takahashi plot? Are there any "we'd better kill god because god is a jerk and destiny" plots or eternal recurrence or random Christian symbolism everywhere for little reason?

Klyka

Banned
So what is the story actually about?

My obviously succinct plot summary but in spoilers anyway since I don't know if parts of the ending have been talked about yet?

All I've really seen is we went to earth after space war, everyone is a robot, the bodies of the robots are in LIFE, then they're actually not, someone named Lao is the final boss, and suddenly Elma was KOSMOS and creates a cat from cloud uploaded DNA. The end but the story will continue forever.

Obviously I'm missing a lot lol, but it seems kind of simple for a Takahashi plot? Are there any "we'd better kill god because god is a jerk and destiny" plots or eternal recurrence or random Christian symbolism everywhere for little reason?

Nope, the story is super straight forward this time and the main story of the game is basically just a chapter in the entire story of how humanity tries to come back from extinction.
It is definitely NOT the kind of story like the first Xenoblade, at all.

It actually feels more like a "wait for updates/DLC/sequels" story which, honestly, feels pretty insulting after the stellar storytelling of Xenoblade 1

I think your level is limited to 60 without a Doll

for higher levels you need a Doll/Skell

here is the SPOILER HUGE BADASS

PeD2qyH.png

k9QPjT4.png

8TeCWom.png

VXOEBbX.png

it took out 2 Dolls easy guy streaming had to run away to save his doll
I think it is the same thing seen in a cutscene during the game it saves you from becoming lunch

Leeness

Nope, the story is super straight forward this time and the main story of the game is basically just a chapter in the entire story of how humanity tries to come back from extinction.

It actually feels more like a "wait for updates/DLC/sequels" story which, honestly, feels pretty insulting after the stellar storytelling of Xenoblade 1

Weird...

Also hahaha at people who were convinced this game would be back to Gears/Saga type story telling after the "juvenile and simple shonen story" of Blade. Oops.

Weird...

Also hahaha at people who were convinced this game would be back to Gears/Saga type story telling after the "juvenile and simple shonen story" of Blade. Oops.

you haters can go away now lol Oops

I think your level is limited to 60 without a Doll

for higher levels you need a Doll/Skell

here is the SPOILER HUGE BADASS

PeD2qyH.png

k9QPjT4.png

8TeCWom.png

VXOEBbX.png

it took out 2 Dolls easy guy streaming had to run away to save his doll
I think it is the same thing seen in a cutscene during the game it saves you from becoming lunch

Oh, that's lame D=

Let me one-shot cities Takahashi!

Also let me fight big monsters on foot, that's more important.

Anyway, that monster looks fantastic. Hopefully we'll get footage of bosses like that on Youtube soon.

Leeness

you haters can go away now lol Oops

Hey I never said it was a bad thing :p and I'm there day 1.

Just thought it was strange that this seems like a very un-Takahashi story, and I find it funny that I had to disagree with people sometimes about how "simple and I bet he had to dumb Xenoblade down" when I thought Xenoblade was fantastic, and now he's made an even more "simple" story with apparently very few of his usual themes.

Hey I never said it was a bad thing :p and I'm there day 1.

Just thought it was strange that this seems like a very un-Takahashi story, and I find it funny that I had to disagree with people sometimes about how "simple and I bet he had to dumb Xenoblade down" when I thought Xenoblade was fantastic, and now he's made an even more "simple" story with apparently very few of his usual themes.

it is just that this is a spoiler thread and both of you are not posting facts about the story

sure we don't have english translations but there is over 50 hours of streaming video following the story if you really wanted to know what is going on

go read the Iwata Asks Takashi wrote a novel, then got help for side quests then there were a few changes because we got a stupid avatar as MC for online

the story is fine from the hours I've spent following streams the game is not the Xeno game people expect but that does not make it a bad thing, he did not do a re-hash should not be a negative - we all expected Elma to be a God if she was I would have felt less hyped to play now

it is really not the time for Xeno fans to come shit on the game when so many are waiting for it to get a release date in the west let us get our hands on it then we can talk shit about the story from real experience with the game

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The cool thing about the whole everyone is a robot thing is that I can pretend my avatar is a Dragon inside a humanoid robot. Because imagination. And reasons.

On a more serious note all of humanity is digitized and exists as data in a cloud computing program on a main server I assume is called LIFE?

Maebe

Why was Elma helping humanity? Her real form is beautiful but I still prefer the first, can you still use it post game?

Leeness

it is just that this is a spoiler thread and both of you are not posting facts about the story

sure we don't have english translations but there is over 50 hours of streaming video following the story if you really wanted to know what is going on

go read the Iwata Asks Takashi wrote a novel, then got help for side quests then there were a few changes because we got a stupid avatar as MC for online

the story is fine from the hours I've spent following streams the game is not the Xeno game people expect but that does not make it a bad thing, he did not do a re-hash should not be a negative - we all expected Elma to be a God if she was I would have felt less hyped to play now

it is really not the time for Xeno fans to come shit on the game when so many are waiting for it to get a release date in the west let us get our hands on it then we can talk shit about the story from real experience with the game

I'm legit not talking shit about the story lol. I like a more simple story and thought the original Xenoblade was his best yet.

I just thought it was weird that it seems un-Takahashi like, that's all, when most people who didn't like Blade expected a "return to form", as it were. I was caught up in people thinking it would be more like Gears or Saga and now I'm just amused that it's not much like them at all.

And I know I'm missing a lot of info.

Nope, I'm super excited! I don't want to watch the whole story in Japanese so I will hold out until the game comes out, but looking forward to digging into it. :)

The cool thing about the whole everyone is a robot thing is that I can pretend my avatar is a Dragon inside a humanoid robot. Because imagination. And reasons.

On a more serious note all of humanity is digitized and exists as data in a cloud computing program on a main server I assume is called LIFE?

first I heard of this I thought they were all in cryo-sleep like Elma's real body
Elma shows you how she deactivated her B.B until it faints to the floor with her eyes dead open and a pod comes up from the floor to show the real Elma body

so now you are telling us that all the humans are just Data?
They do not have real bodies like Elma?

random25

I'm legit not talking shit about the story lol. I like a more simple story and thought the original Xenoblade was his best yet.

I just thought it was weird that it seems un-Takahashi like, that's all, when most people who didn't like Blade expected a "return to form", as it were. I was caught up in people thinking it would be more like Gears or Saga and now I'm just amused that it's not much like them at all.

Nope, I'm super excited! I don't want to watch the whole story in Japanese so I will hold out until the game comes out, but looking forward to digging into it. :)

Based from your comments, I see you haven't been spoiled that much. Better not probe deeper so you won't be spoiled.

Klyka

Banned
first I heard of this I thought they were all in cryo-sleep like Elma's real body
Elma shows you how she deactivated her B.B until it faints to the floor with her eyes dead open and a pod comes up from the floor to show the real Elma body

so now you are telling us that all the humans are just Data?
They do not have real bodies like Elma?

Well, the bodies were supposed to be in the big "central life" tower in the ocean, which the final boss fight takes place at. But all the bodies are gone and apparently humanity is just data now.

Leeness

Based from your comments, I see you haven't been spoiled that much. Better not probe deeper so you won't be spoiled.

I'm working on it! Haha. I like reading as many spoilers as possible but will refrain from watching. I like seeing them for the first time while playing, but reading them, no holds barred.

I was F5ing gamefaqs like crazy earlier today when I saw someone had finished the game in hopes of a good story breakdown, but nothing yet. :(

And yeah, I admit to not following a lot of the game to the lead up (not sure why...trying not to hype so I wouldn't be disappointed when it took forever to come out? Lol) so I'm mostly catching up and reading things as they happen.

But yeah...waiting for a good write up! I know there is something about LIFE, a DM Machine, BBs, and rescuing bodies in stasis pods! And an American Ark called White Whale, which is how the cast came to be on the planet.

Why was Elma helping humanity? Her real form is beautiful but I still prefer the first, can you still use it post game?

Yup

Iwata Asks clears up why it is not the usual Takashi story
I think the only thing I am down about is that the MC had a story before they turned it into an avatar for online features

I love the first Blade but really happy with where this is headed

also I think of Super Mario 3D World you did not get to use a special character until a few stages after the credits rolled

so I found it strange this game continues and Elma is still there exploring new stuff with you

ivysaur12

Banned
Well, the bodies were supposed to be in the big "central life" tower in the ocean, which the final boss fight takes place at. But all the bodies are gone and apparently humanity is just data now.

Oh. Well.

So, like, that's it? Does it feel like there's more than one ending, or...?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Reminds me of a certain other game where humanity is replaced with androids and the way to restore body and soul is destroyed. Except with better graphics and mechs

is that what she found just after the credits the part where she walked into the area and the dolls behind her

is that what they were talking about?

That is still a very Takashi twist but is the mystery solved there?

Leeness

Iwata Asks clears up why it is not the usual Takashi story
I think the only thing I am down about is that the MC had a story before they turned it into an avatar for online features

I love the first Blade but really happy with where this is headed

also I think of Super Mario 3D World you did not get to use a special character until a few stages after the credits rolled

so I found it strange this game continues and Elma is still there exploring new stuff with you

Ah, I see! I said above, but I haven't read much of the lead up to the game so I haven't read any of the Iwata Asks. Good to know, thanks for the info. :)

Bummer about the MC though, yeah...

It is kind of cool that you keep going after the ending, I agree! I wonder if it's a DLC thing or if they will update with more things to go find and keep the world going, or just move onto a sequel. Interesting.

do this Leeness you'll thank us later

too many spoilers yet to come in this thread

Oh no no, I'm a spoiler hound, I'm in for the long haul and hunkering down in here with you guys. :)

Klyka

Banned
Ok so apparently this is what we have right now:

All humans are dead. All of them. There are no human bodies in the life holds, there are no living humans in NLA. The BBs thought there were, but no, there are only genetic sequences stored in the Life Center. NOBODY knows how B.B.s function without a human controller. Nobody outside of Elma even has a body behind the robot, and Elma is an alien. She refers to Life Center as a Noah's Arc, as it has sequences for all of Earth's life. The Life Center also has a biological processing plant, which spits out a living adult cat at the end of the game. The Growth want the Life Center because it isn't actually a life support facility, it's a f***ing super computer. The Life Holds, things shaped like zohars, are data/processing blocks. It is described as the most powerful computer humanity has ever built.

When Earth was destroyed, apparently human consciousnesses were stored in the cloud as a result of the energy exchange (?), but as for what that really means nobody knows.

It's worth mentioning that Lao, even though he dies, comes back to life. Lao's eyes no longer glow. He's a dead, sightless machine, somehow intact after the final battle.

The question posed to the B.B.s is if they protect Life until it can produce humans or new life forms, or accept their form and continue to build new B.B.s to accept consciousness from the cosmos.

Basically the ending revealed a f*** ton of mysteries that confirm a sequel.

It also helps that the purple Growth with the antimatter engines haven't shown up yet.

They're still on their way.

Seems to be about all I have seen/read

Fandangox

Yeah I saw this on gamefaqs, not confirmed since its dialogue, but it does look like the most likely scenario.

I wonder if they are planning a DLC expansion? Seems like they set up for a sequel, but there's no telling if the game will sell well enough to warrant one.

this is super dark more fucked up than Shulk vs God program

humanity being lost is not very encouraging, I am used to these dark Japanese Sci-fi where everything ends hopeless and bleak but shit Takashi

I was hoping for human bodies at least

if you did not spoil yourself I can see how this game will blow your mind to shit when you find out

Top Bottom