• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Spoilers Thread

Neiteio

Not reading thread, but I just HAD to post this here :)

zlCfzTTJ8gU0Nne_yb

Edit: I don't know which I like better

zlCfzTTJg1Y9rEhVXf
Hey, no one told me it was Easy Breezy Wednesday

*takes off pants*

*puts pants on head*

Astral Dog

Nope, the story is super straight forward this time and the main story of the game is basically just a chapter in the entire story of how humanity tries to come back from extinction.
It is definitely NOT the kind of story like the first Xenoblade, at all.

It actually feels more like a "wait for updates/DLC/sequels" story which, honestly, feels pretty insulting after the stellar storytelling of Xenoblade 1

I was worried about this, like they decided to disguise some story chapters as sidequests, from how they described it.
If the main story feels incomplete then its an issue, even if small.
of course without proper context i might be wrong. but i like the story of the first Xenoblade that felt "complete" enough with a great ending.

Lumyst

Still remains to be seen whether it has the heart of the first Xenoblade, though. MAN that game has HEART. Felt like a Ghibli movie in its tenderness.

Heh, as much as I liked Xenoblade Chronicles' warm, positive feeling, even back when this game was first teased in 2013, the vibe I got made it so that I suspected this game would be more like this, depressing 1970s Sci-Fi:p: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pioBHf11N78.

Come to think of it, Xenoblade Chronicles was also sci-fi but it did a good job of making it feel more like a fantasy adventure story until the revelations at the end, and even then, the characters seemed to continue on with their lives in the fantasy world as if they weren't just computer simulations (if I understand the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles correctly.)

^This game actually sounds even more closer to the western made open world RPGs, so it's going to be neat to see how a Japanese made game takes that style of RPG storytelling, where the player needs to invest time in the side-stories in order to get the complete experience. The crucial aspect will need to be, I think, whether players develop a fondness for planet Mira itself, and want to continue investing time in that world. I look forward to finding that out. (Spoilers of the main story don't replace that experience of the player developing a fondness of the world through playing the game and experiencing it for themselves, so that's why I don't mind them, haha)

This one will be a T-rated open world RPG, which is a rarity, to my knowledge. What I hope for is for that "tenderness", as Neiteio put it, to be felt from the world Monolithsoft created. I feel that many Western open world RPGs have an M-rated crassness or vulgarity in their worlds, at times. The made-in-Japan aspect of this game could be a breath of fresh air compared to those other games, even though it borrows from those games' structure.

Taruranto

This sounds like a weird mix of Nier and Gears. I can foresee a lot of themes familiar with Gears/Saga regarding the nature of humanity and yada yada.

Also Elma Life-Pod could easily pass for KOS-MOS pod from ep. III <.<

h54Gn0b.jpg

Is there a Shitan/Jin/Dunban clone in the game?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So does this game have an ultimate Skell/Doll that any of the protags can pilot or are they all model types you customize?

So does this game have an ultimate Skell/Doll that any of the protags can pilot or are they all model types you customize?

they showed off many types of Dolls they all have strong points and weak points so your choice really

go for speed or go for damage resist

with secret hidden ones to find and many DLC ones to come it is hard to say what will be the ultimate doll

I think it will come down to personal choice

any character can use any doll that they have the inner level to pilot
so your levels just have to match the doll and you have to have the money to buy them

B.K.

So from what I've been reading, it appears there's not a deeper connection to the original Xenoblade. Shame really.

You shouldn't have expected any. Takahashi himself said that the story has no connections with Xenoblade, that's why it wasn't called Xenoblade 2.

You shouldn't have expected any. Takahashi himself said that the story has no connections with Xenoblade, that's why it wasn't called Xenoblade 2.

He could've called it something else then. It's like if he branded the original Xenoblade as Xenosaga IV even though those two games are unrelated outside of thematic elements.

random25

He could've called it something else then. It's like if he branded the original Xenoblade as Xenosaga IV even though those two games are unrelated outside of thematic elements.

They did say outright it's remotely related to Xenoblade, so for those expecting a big connection should be at fault for even expecting lol. And to be fair, Xenoblade Chronicles wasn't even the original name of the game in the beginning (it was supposed to be Monado: Beginning of the World), and X seems to be the better fit for the title, using the acronym BLADE as well as having a theme close to the Xeno series.

Well, this game has some references to Xenoblade, so it's not that bad.

RagnarokX

N...no... He didn't call this Xenoblade 2. It would be more like if he branded Xenoblade as Xenosaga X. But even if he used numbers, think about how connected the Final Fantasy games are...

Klyka

Banned
More heavy stuff from /v/ translators:

>Humans were told they were being put in cold sleep capsules but in reality they became samples for the LIFE
>LIFE is a super computer with the DNA of the citizens of NLA and earth animals
>Elma knew everything from the beginning but didn't tell anyone
>Lao was mad as f*** because he thought his daughter and wife would be selected for cold sleep but weren't, only the elite got to be sampled into LIFE and he was really angry about his loss
>He found out all the lies they had been fed and the truth about their bodies before everyone else, thus why he became a traitor
>Lyn convinces him to back down and everyone forgives him and tell him to return home to NLA
>When they finally get into Central LIFE they learn there's no bodies and their consciousness had been uploaded into databases
>Discussion happens and they all say they are happy with their bodies, Tatsu included
>They are told the system can create life so everyone accepts the truth after discussing (Does that mean we're already dead? Elma tells them that they are, but not at the same time, etc, etc)
>Fighting happens and the commander of the growth division hounding them starts attacking the system out of spite when he's defeated
>Lao shows up and stabs the guy to redeem himself
>Lyn wants to defend him but Lao convinces them to kill him so humanity can survive
>Elma tells them there's still one more thing they need to know, that there was one body that was actually in cold sleep and reveals her true form; worries that they won't accept her
>Everyone say it doesn't matter what species she is because she's still their friend and leader so they trust her
>Credits
>Elma is looking through the basement of central life and finds out something that distresses her greatly: the database with all the memories, dna, etc of people had been broken right from the beginning so she has no idea how humans are alive

Fandangox

apparently there are a TON of post game quests too that flesh out what is happening.

mmh I wonder if it will clear everything up though, like I somehow doubt that how humanity is still alive will be explained in some post-game sidequest.

If it does though then that means Monolith probably did it like this to address the criticism of most quests in Xenoblade being just generic fetch quests with little world building.

Klyka

Banned
mmh I wonder if it will clear everything up though, like I somehow doubt that how humanity is still alive will be explained in some post-game sidequest.

If it does though then that means Monolith probably did it like this to address the criticism of most quests in Xenoblade being just generic fetch quests with little world building.

I don't think it'll hit the huge story beats but I am sure it'll give us some insight into how "life" is now.

JerkShep

It seems the game wants to further develop the Realian concept presented in the Saga games...and that was basically dropped in Ep II and III. Well, not dropped, but it's clear they had a much bigger role to play originally. Fine with me, the Anima/Animus stuff was already sort of revisited in Xenoblade.

paolo11

I have another question. I saw some bad ass Guyver/Kamen Rider armor look alike on the previous direct. Are these armors easy to obtain? Since we are using a robot anyway, might as well look like one. Hehehehe

Chaos17

So, is there a traditional party, or does almost everyone need to be unlocked in sidequests? And what's Selica's deal?

Lao seems locked behind story because every Streamers I saw got him before chap 6.

Irina has Kizuna unlocking quest (saw it wih my own eyes).
I can't confirm for Doug or Selecia if they're locked too behind Kuzina quests since I didn't saw it.
Also, I didn't saw yet Selecia in a party.

Edit : you can missed Kizuna quests if you advance in the story, it seems the game warns you abot that.

fHztYtK.png

Fandangox

So does that mean the ending cutscene is different if you don't have everyone? I saw the ending and Irina, Guin, Doug, Lu and a Rental where there, or will the game simply won't let you advance after a certain point if you don't have everyone?

Lao seems locked behind story because every Streamers I saw got him before chap 6.

Irina has Kizuna unlocking quest (saw it wih my own eyes).
I can't confirm for Doug or Selecia if they're locked too behind Kuzina quests since I didn't saw it.
Also, I didn't saw yet Selecia in a party.

Edit : you can missed Kizuna quests if you advance in the story, it seems the game warns you abot that.

fHztYtK.png

I don't like missing things so I will want to use a guide if you can unlock 100%

or it would be nice if you can go back after credits but there would not Warn you if you could go back

Any pics of this Christoph(?) character I'm seeing talked about elsewhere? A new party member I'm told. Nagi is playable too apparently.

Edit: Found a pic.

ZwXAlh0.png

So right now the available characters are...
-Cross (Male/Female)
-Elma
-Lynlee
-Douglas
-Lao
-Irina
-Guin
-Ru
-Selica
-Fry
-Mardreth
-Nagi
-Christoph(?)
-HB (DLC)
-Boze (DLC)
-Ierv (DLC)
-Aksena (DLC)

Also, I know Lao leaves the party at some point, but you can still use him after the main story is cleared, right?

Top Bottom