• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Spoilers Thread

MechaX

Reminds me of a certain other game where humanity is replaced with androids and the way to restore body and soul is destroyed. Except with better graphics and mechs

If you're thinking of the same game I'm thinking of, then I kinda feel that Xenoblade X's depiction of this twist is infinitely more optimistic in comparison. I'm kinda ambivalent on how I feel spoiling myself about this twist, because if I would have ran in cold, I would have just been like "well, [mystery game] did this kind of twist before and made me feel so fucking shitty after the fact, so I'm cool with this."

Now that I think of it, there are two games I can think of that tried this angle, and both of them were depressing as fuck.

Overside

Banned
If you're thinking of the same game I'm thinking of, then I kinda feel that Xenoblade X's depiction of this twist is infinitely more optimistic in comparison. I'm kinda ambivalent on how I feel spoiling myself about this twist, because if I would have ran in cold, I would have just been like "well, [mystery game] did this kind of twist before and made me feel so fucking shitty after the fact, so I'm cool with this."

Now that I think of it, there are two games I can think of that tried this angle, and both of them were depressing as fuck.

On the bright side, the previous Xenoblade weighed heavily on the idealistically positive philosophy of sufficient reason.

ozfunghi

One of the upsides to being a 36 year old with a fading memory, is that i have no problem reading this thread, because by the time the game reaches EU, i'll have completely forgotten every single spoiler in here. lol

Except maybe Elma's butt, but i'm cool with that.

Overside

Banned
One of the upsides to being a 36 year old with a fading memory, is that i have no problem reading this thread, because by the time the game reaches EU, i'll have completely forgotten every single spoiler in here. lol

Except maybe Elma's butt, but i'm cool with that.

How is Elmas butt a spoiler?

No..... Nooooooooo...

starbutt.png

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Fandangox

THE TITLE SCREEN CHANGES!!!!

zlCfzTTnWmc8ucJXDt

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

Any pics of this Christoph(?) character I'm seeing talked about elsewhere? A new party member I'm told. Nagi is playable too apparently.

Edit: Found a pic.

ZwXAlh0.png

So right now the available characters are...
-Cross (Male/Female)
-Elma
-Lynlee
-Douglas
-Lao
-Irina
-Guin
-Ru
-Selica
-Fry
-Mardreth
-Nagi
-Christoph(?)
-HB (DLC)
-Boze (DLC)
-Ierv (DLC)
-Aksena (DLC)

Also, I know Lao leaves the party at some point, but you can still use him after the main story is cleared, right?

Actually I am not sure of that, I have asked, but no one has answered me about Lao being available again after beating the game. No idea of who the new character is either, you sure its not a rental?. Either way if that one battle video was any indication, there are probably more characters that can be recruited.

How is Elmas butt a spoiler?

No..... Nooooooooo...

starbutt.png

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

This fucking movie

Any pics of this Christoph(?) character I'm seeing talked about elsewhere? A new party member I'm told. Nagi is playable too apparently.

Edit: Found a pic.

ZwXAlh0.png

So right now the available characters are...
-Cross (Male/Female)
-Elma
-Lynlee
-Douglas
-Lao
-Irina
-Guin
-Ru
-Selica
-Fry
-Mardreth
-Nagi
-Christoph(?)
-HB (DLC)
-Boze (DLC)
-Ierv (DLC)
-Aksena (DLC)

Also, I know Lao leaves the party at some point, but you can still use him after the main story is cleared, right?
Christoph is playable, and there's a character called "Himeri(ヒメリ・アランジ)" also playable

chadboban

THAT'S IT!! Having to restrict myself to posting screens only from the first continent in the import OT is killing me when there is so much good shit on Miiverse.

Miiverse screen dump COMMENCE!

zlCfzTT35lMXkUbiKA

zlCfzTT4BEQKgVuyO2

zlCfzTT4DXs84-Sr8G

zlCfzTT3zjoeXajbPM

zlCfzTT4ApgSzh5mnN

zlCfzTT112M7UJcuy6

zlCfzTT3qusdD9_8hk

zlCfzTT3o4cvbpil9Q

zlCfzTT3dyIfN4b1Ch

zlCfzTT3aGkIWb53mS

zlCfzTT0lt4dNDi_of

zlCfzTT3SykZs7PP01

zlCfzTT0m2oisqaDLJ

zlCfzTT3NFIKFJRXv0

zlCfzTT3Hl82iqPv8S

zlCfzTT1wwUqAneQJ-

zlCfzTT0t7MGSRi54N

Chaos17

Some screenshots made me think sometimes that the game is prettier than it looks.

zlCfzTTg0t4-R18doD

zlCfzTTxxRUYVDEx6a

Edit : Floating island ????????

zlCfzTTfzz8HaYA0xU

chadboban

I know Japan has weird habits on Amazon sometimes, but can anyone explain why the game is sitting at 3 and a half stars on Amazon.JP? I assume there might be a spoiler-tainted reason behind that.

The same reason Bloodborne is at 3 and a half stars. Try not to take amazon reviews too seriously.

Neiteio

I'd take Amazon reviews with a pinch of salt. There was once a 1-star review for a Professor Layton game by a mom who was pissed that, after sanding off the nub on the 3DS cartridge so it would fit in her son's DS, the game still didn't work.

Yeah.

There be dumb-dumbs out there.

The same reason Bloodborne is at 3 and a half stars. Try not to take amazon reviews too seriously.
Bloodborne is sitting at four stars on Amazon.JP and four and a half on the US Amazon, but alright. Whatever you say. Clearly the 3.5 stars don't indicate anything to you.
There was once a 1-star review
I'm not asking about a singular, outlier review written by a complete moron. I'm asking why after 292 reviews, the game sits at 3.5 stars. Sometimes the consensus and group reaction is dumb, like with Oreshika. Still worth knowing what the complaints are.

chadboban

Bloodborne is sitting at four stars on Amazon.JP and four and a half on the US Amazon, but alright. Whatever you say. Clearly the 3.5 stars don't indicate anything to you.

I'm not asking about a singular, outlier review written by a complete moron. I'm asking why after 292 reviews, the game sits at 3.5 stars. Sometimes the consensus and group reaction is dumb, like with Oreshika. Still worth knowing what the complaints are.

Bloodborne Limited Edition = 4.0
Bloodborne Normal Edition = 3.5

Bloodborne Amazon jp Average = 3.8

Xenoblade X current amazon jp average = 3.6

Why is Bloodborne is just 0.2 points ahead of Xenoblade X? But alright. Whatever you say. Clearly 3.8 stars don't indicate anything to you :p

Can we please stop this? This is stupid to be arguing over Amazon scores.

Fandangox

So do we do know yet if Lao is playable after clearing story mode? I assume not at this point, and probably a quest character replaces his art set, but you never know.

Can we please stop this? This is stupid to be arguing over Amazon scores.
Clearly they had a beef about Bloodborne as well then too. Which would also interesting to know what the major complaints were. But whatever. Let's just talk about the positive parts of Bloodborne and Xenoblade X because WHATEVER HYPE TRAIN!!!!

Just because there are stupid reviews on Amazon doesn't mean there aren't ones with thoughtful critiques on there as well. Every website suffers from stupid driveby commentary and empty critique. Even this one. I don't actually follow any JPN reviewers, so reading critiques from average people is usually the best I can muster.[/Spoilers]

chadboban

Clearly they had a beef about Bloodborne as well then too. Which would also interesting to know what the major complaints were. But whatever. Let's just talk about the positive parts of Bloodborne and Xenoblade X because WHATEVER HYPE TRAIN!!!!

Just because there are stupid reviews on Amazon doesn't mean there aren't ones with thoughtful critiques on there as well. Every website suffers from stupid driveby commentary and empty critique. Even this one. I don't actually follow any JPN reviewers, so reading critiques from average people is usually the best I can muster.[/Spoilers]
Excuse me, but did I do something or post something that makes you see me as some deranged fanboy who thinks like this? Do you seriously have to try and belittle me like that? I know I've said before that Xenoblade X is my most anticipated game but never once did I say it was immune to criticism.

Listen, if you're curious about impressions from some players who have the game, head over to the Import OT http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037185

The last couple of pages have a couple of impressions from people who have beaten the game and people who are currently playing it, both negative and positive. Some people didn't like some of the characters, some don't like the silent MC etc.

These are just some of the impressions I've just dug up from the last couple of pages. There's a lot more in the thread itself

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162411805&postcount=1271
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162877444&postcount=1935
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162881434&postcount=1942
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162875401&postcount=1934
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162841066&postcount=1896
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162671632&postcount=1678
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162578167&postcount=1568

Hope it helps.

Lumyst

So I went ahead and watched a little bit more of the videos on Youtube that have story moments, is Growth some sort of federation of different alien species? I noticed that the story trailers from before actually scrambled up the dialogue and put them into scenes that suggested one thing when really it was other characters saying them :p Those Lion people, for instance, are they part of Growth as well? Also, is my impression correct that Sylvalum and Cauldros are sort of "Growth's territory" on Mira?

Renewed

I know Japan has weird habits on Amazon sometimes, but can anyone explain why the game is sitting at 3 and a half stars on Amazon.JP? I assume there might be a spoiler-tainted reason behind that.

I've been reading the lower scored reviews (2-star and such) and some of what I inferred (through Google Translate and a very small understanding of Japanese, so this is probably a waste of time) makes it seem like they unanimously enjoy the prospect of this huge world.

A reviewer didn't like the combat (the nonsense of seeing a cute level 30 monster alongside other level 10 ones and getting jumped by various monsters while in combat, or being in a flinch mode when spotted which breaks the tempo).

Someone mentioned that the active team size along with the number of characters made it difficult to get attached to everyone. Also, the drop rate nets some displeasure. An obvious one is that the avatar only talks during battle, and so this makes a disconnect that feels like you aren't the hero in a sense like Shulk.

Something I noticed was that there was a criticism for being called Xenoblade, but BLADE referring to their organization and not a weapon like the last game (honestly I understand. Call it Xenocross or something, but marketing I guess). Someone mentioned that the developers created a world like this for their egos.

Other complaints seem to stem from things like too many vocal tracks, when discovering a new area, landmark or unique view the sound effect doesn't change, or online not being necessary because it may have taken away from the main game.

Trying to find more but this is it for now... I want to sleep.

chadboban

This is what happened if you break those "dinosaur"'s "neck".

Wait, so it just stays there? And that area under it's neck looks almost like a face. Is that it's actual face? And that long neck thing is actually like an extended mouth they can use to feed? Because if so, that's actually pretty terrifying.

Wait, so it just stays there? And that area under it's neck looks almost like a face. Is that it's actual face? And that long neck thing is actually like an extended mouth they can use to feed? Because if so, that's actually pretty terrifying.
I took the pic at the moment I escape from battle, it recovered after a second. And it is the actual face.

Top Bottom