• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the level difference penalties aren't as harsh as in the original game

actually, does anyone know how level difference works now?

Diffense

I think there is a chasm between a 13 y.o in a swimsuit and pedohillia. 13 y.o olds are allowed to wear swimsuits; adults are not allowed to be sexually interested in them.

I have a slight problem with Lynn's age though. Her canonical age just seems too young. It's not like Zelda where everyone is unreasonably young. The other characters in the party are adults and she's a 13 y.o engineer who's out fighting monsters instead of being in school. I know she's supposed to be a prodigy and genius but I wouldn't object if they bumped her age to the 16-18 range.

Zero²

I think one review mentioned it? I certainly remember someone commenting about it...

I think there is a chasm between a 13 y.o in a swimsuit and pedohillia. 13 y.o olds are allowed to wear swimsuits; adults are not allowed to be sexually interested in them.

I have a slight problem with Lynn's age though. Her canonical age just seems too young. It's not like Zelda where everyone is unreasonably young. The other characters in the party are adults and she's a 13 y.o engineer who's out fighting monsters instead of being in school. I know she's supposed to be a prodigy and genius but I wouldn't object if they bumped her age to the 16-18 range.
I agree, but then again she is portrayed as very childish, just read her short story for an example.
About her fighting monsters, remember that the humanity is almost extinct, they gotta fight with what they have, no matter the age.

Yeah same. It seems too cartoon. Not anything about being offended, but just seems out of place. I'm kinda over "teens saving the world" kinda stuff though so I may have bias though.

Diffense

By the way, at least some of the short stories on the website are actually scenarios in the game. The way Tatsu described being kidnapped by Vyers/Prone on the site is similar to what
I'm seeing on the stream.

EDIT: Its not really a spoiler but some people are real sensitive so I'll play it safe.

Chaos17

They might bump her age if it cause too much problem, imo.

To be honest she looks somewhat older than 13 by Asia standard though. They can just increase her age to 15-16 or something in the localized version.

Diffense

Zero²;161611567 said:
I agree, but then again she is portrayed as very childish, just read her short story for an example.
About her fighting monsters, remember that the humanity is almost extinct, they gotta fight with what they have, no matter the age.

I guess you could put it this way: I'm not convinced Lynn is thirteen. Within XBCX's context it just doesn't seem plausible. Yet somehow I accept a 10-11 y.o Link in Majora's Mask. Who knows, it might be different when I play the game myself.

EDIT: I've noticed a tendency for characters to appear inside or overlap the player character after they're recruited.
No biggie, just an observation. Also, just from watching the stream, all the music seems to fit the onscreen scenario really well.

Lyn is fucking fine, I don't get why anyone gives a crap about her age.

Anyways, game looks fucking amazing, day one like always, I'm so going digital.

Wuttt? And yet u are giving money to EO? When it had the great Dancer?

Isn't that like I don't know? CONTRADICTION???

I have been summoned.

Lyn drives a car too. (Not to mention piloting giant mechs.) I feel like they just picked 13 to emphasis her "I'm a young mega-genius" thing. Aging her up would make more sense for the character.

Nanashrew

Banned
It's not entirely unheard of to have a mobile suit or Gundam user to be around the age of 13-16. Judau in Mobile Suit Gundam-ZZ was 14.

Overside

Banned
I guess you could put it this way: I'm not convinced Lynn is thirteen. Within XBCX's context it just doesn't seem plausible. Yet somehow I accept a 10-11 y.o Link in Majora's Mask. Who knows, it might be different when I play the game myself.

EDIT: I've noticed a tendency for characters to appear inside or overlap the player character after they're recruited.
No biggie, just an observation. Also, just from watching the stream, all the music seems to fit the onscreen scenario really well.

I wouldnt put too much emphasis on things like Age, Race, Gender, Genes, Chromosones, DNA, or plausibility.

Those are all things people are born with, things that are out of their control, What they looked like, what color they were, what was their gender, what were they were good at, what were they were bad at, how high could they jump, how fast they could run, what was their final limit, where no amount of effort could move them any further, things people used to say, were decided by the will of God, the Word of God.

220px-Logos.svg.png

Fuck the word of god.

Its been the message since the very first trailer.
'Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator'

It no longer applies to humanity. In this game Humanity has now gone beyond the will of god, with newfound technology, Humanity has emancipated itself from the binds of destiny, from genetic limiters. The only limit now is ones own motivation and resolve.

Its probably why all the aliens have such a hate boner for us, once we get the hang of it, we would be irresistable.

We would be as Gods.

Chaos17

I just can say.... monsters can be brutal if you suck.
Same level monster pawn you and underlevel monsters will make your life harder.
Just get good xD

It's not entirely unheard of to have a mobile suit or Gundam user to be around the age of 13-16. Judau in Mobile Suit Gundam-ZZ was 14.
Well really anything is possible in videogames. Palom and Porom in FFIV are like 7 or something. I just think in this case it would help with some issues.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Guys, I am losing my shit at the sight of a entire party full of women on this stream right now. In a game that doesnt revolve around them taking their clothes off.

I wouldnt put too much emphasis on things like Age, Race, Gender, Genes, Chromosones, DNA, or plausibility.

Those are all things people are born with, things that are out of their control, What they looked like, what color they were, what was their gender, what were they were good at, what were they were bad at, how high could they jump, how fast they could run, what was their final limit, where no amount of effort could move them any further, things people used to say, were decided by the will of God, the Word of God.

220px-Logos.svg.png

Fuck the word of god.

Its been the message since the very first trailer.
'Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator'

It no longer applies to humanity. In this game Humanity has now gone beyond the will of god, with newfound technology, Humanity has emancipated itself from the binds of destiny, from genetic limiters. The only limit now is ones own motivation and resolve.

Its probably why all the aliens have such a hate boner for us, once we get the hang of it, we would be irresistable.

We would be as Gods.

So is "she has actually gone beyond the preset bonds of humanity" the new "she looks 12 but is acutally a 1000 year old dragon"?

:3

Overside

Banned
So is "she has actually gone beyond the preset bonds of humanity" the new "she looks 12 but is acutally a 1000 year old dragon"?

:3

You know, I was REALLY thinking about making a note at the bottom stating this wasnt an invitation for pedo bullshit.

But I decided it would be excessively assumptive and unnecessary.

Nanashrew

Banned
The outfit the main character is wearing in the Johndoe stream reminds me of Gundam.

latest

EDIT: They just need the boots and they could pull it off completely!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If you aren't strong enough to close the tab, just close your eyes like me
>.<

Ive een doing stuff while the stream is in another tab, but then I hear something happen and instantly draw my attention to it, thankfully I dont know much japanese but it looks liek every quest that isnt off that quest board is an actual cutscene with full voiceacting, no wonder they cant even give us a concrete date yet, this is a huge undertaking for localization.

also the battle music was fucking amazing, and this night music is also fucking amazing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Since this thread is no longer about tweets, and the twitter updates have mostly come to an end, it no longer has a reason to stay open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom