• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| The Adventure Begins

fionel

thetrin said:
Are you talking about Green Face? I believe I beat him at 69...

SHIT! I just realized you're not talking about Green Face. Here's the best tip for the last boss of Kishin World.

I assume you understand that when the vision appears of ...

You guessed wrong on the first try and then spoiled it for me on your second :lol Bebpo got it right though hehe.

Since I believe finishing this part will cut me off access to all the time-based sidequests I've taken a break from the boss and have been trying to reconstruct colony 6. It's taking me forever to find クラブドウ in the テトラ洞窟 though... I think after getting the mini reactor I will forget about colony 6, take your boss advices and move on :D

Hello,

Thanks for writing! Monado: Beginning of the World (formerly known as Xenoblade) has been officially announced for release, but hasn't been given a release date yet. When it is, our website's Game Guide (http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide) will be the best place to find it. Once there, use the questions on the left to filter based on system, genre, online play, etc.

When you have narrowed your search, click on the game's title to see all the available information. If what you seek is not yet available, please check back later. When there is new information to share on announced games or other upcoming products, our website is the best official source!

Remember, any posted release dates are estimates and subject to change. As a product's estimated release date approaches, you may wish to check with your local retailers to see when it may be available in your area.

Sincerely,

Kurt Wagner

Nintendo of America Inc.

--------------

Response to a question I sent Nintendo regarding Xenoblade's localization. It's probably a stock answer but at least there is some small glimmer of hope that it's coming.

fionel

Wow... talk about this thread being dead...

Finally finished the game last night. Clocked at 62 hours but I think it must have been somewhere around 67 as I think I have tried to beat the last boss on 3 different play sessions each lasting 1-3 hours. At level 76 my Schulk missed 95% of the time and then as soon as I get him to lv 77 the hit rate suddenly jumped to around 75%. At level 78 I finally beat him with a little bit of luck since I managed to land my first ever 10+ chain combo on him :lol that and a half-naked Danban as tank!

The game has been quite a ride and it really plays like the epic JRPG I have been expecting since the start of this console generation. Many people have already praised this game and explained why in this thread so I digress. There are mainly two things right now that bothers me...

The challenge of this game is fundamentally determined by the difference between your character level and the enemy level. While that may seem out of question, this element is especially prominent in this game. Like I have illustrated above, even 1 level of difference has a huge impact on your hit rate, and gaining a single level or 2 makes a very obvious difference in the challenge of battles. It is satisfying to take down a mob which is 5 levels or higher if you used an effective strategy, but I feel sometimes the satisfaction is artificial when you know you can easily kill it without much strategy if you come back just 2 levels later.

One of the features in this game is that you gain experience by discovering new locations, and the game heavily uses this feature to control your level so you will never be too underleveled even when you avoid most fights and just stick to the storyline. On the contrary, monsters below your level give exponentially less exp, so unless you grind quests which usually give a static exp as a reward, you can only gain so many levels by grinding mobs. Again this is a device to control your character level so you don't easily become overleveled while exploring maps.

As a result, I feel that the challenge of this game is very controlled. It's good in a way that all the fights are balanced as long as you pick on enemies around your level, but I couldn't help but feel that I'm on some sort of a rail sometimes, regardless of the huge maps and the variety of skills available to my characters.

The second thing that bothered me is the ending. *SPOILERS AHEAD* all of a sudden you are told that how this universe was created and who the gods really are but none of that makes much sense and the game did not give you a deeper explanation. It's like Takahashi just wanted to shoehorn his traditional sci-fi bits as the final twist into the story but it all seems like BS to me. The story as a whole is good except that last part IMO.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wow, that's actually a pretty low play time. My final time was 99, and that's less than Bebpo and the others.

kiryogi

Banned
I have yet still to finish this :lol Got sidetracked finally or more like I got irritated that I maxed out skill trees and didn't have the 4th ones yet and I still had lots of chances to earn more SP. Not wanting to waste the SP... So that meant having to go do sidequests. I lost interest in trying to figure that all out then XD We'll see if I ever pick it up again. I'm so close to the end too XD

Bebpo

Banned
thetrin said:
Wow, that's actually a pretty low play time. My final time was 99, and that's less than Bebpo and the others.

You finished it?

Thoughts?

Also,
the counter stops at 99 :p

ivysaur12

Banned
I mean, the game sold well for a Wii RPG and did well for MonolithSoft. I don't understand what the issue is for Nintendo. It's unmarketable in the West?

holy fucking shit.
this looks even way better than MHTri.
in fact this is IMO the absolutly best looking Wii game.

that landscape plus no muddy textures, amazing lightning and GFX and decent modeled enemies.
I'm totaly baffled.

wow wow wow

Dragmire

Are there any Nintendo conferences coming up? If it's still coming being localized for the US, I imagine it would be announced when they unveil their early '11 lineup. By next E3, I think it would be too late for NOA to care about releasing it. :p

WillyFive

Dragmire said:
Are there any Nintendo conferences coming up? If it's still coming being localized for the US, I imagine it would be announced when they unveil their early '11 lineup. By next E3, I think it would be too late for NOA to care about releasing it. :p

Space World is coming up in less than an Earth Day.

But it's probably Nintendo 3DS only.

apana

I think this game has come close to 150,000 sales in Japan. I have no idea why they wouldnt bring this to America. Especially when they are probably going to have a gap next year.

pje122

Why do people think the bumping of this thread would mean a US release...?
If that were the case obviously a new thread would be created...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Tenbatsu said:
Will Nintendo announce the NA version tomorrow? ^_^
All I want is a yes or a no. I hate this tension. I want this game soooooo badly.

If we don't get it, I will seriously track down a fan translation and make this the first game I ever import.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Tenbatsu said:
Will Nintendo announce the NA version tomorrow? ^_^

Haha, that's kind of funny. I never even considered that Nintendo might discuss the DS or Wii. Figured it be all about the 3DS. I'd love to hear some solid localization plans for this, Last Story, Hotel Dusk 2, and a few more.

mrpeabody

This is my #1 anticipated Wii game. When we can get forgettable crap like Arc Rise Fantasia but not Xenoblade, the world is an unjust place indeed.

mrpeabody said:
This is my #1 anticipated Wii game. When we can get forgettable crap like Arc Rise Fantasia but not Xenoblade, the world is an unjust place indeed.
As it should be. As an owner of an imported copy this is among the top three games I have played this year. absolutely incredible.

Top Bottom