• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| The Adventure Begins

Seda

Foffy said:
Woah, someone's hacking the game!? Is it just a menu patch or full game translation?

Hopefully its a full translation.

And then just like Graces it'll get a confirmed U.S release so the translation project isn't needed.

Gvaz

Banned
Notorious_Roy said:
Soon it'll be too late and I will have sold my Wii

Especially since Dolphin emulation is coming along pretty good, I might as well just sell my wii and put forward for a PS3.

[Nintex] said:
I was able to tweet NoE's entire upcoming line-up and still had some space left to add text.

"Known EU Wii releases for this year: March: Zumba Fitness - Lego Star Wars, April: WWE All Stars - Conduit 2, May: Guitly Gear, TBA Zelda"

lol
*i'm died*

You know the line-up is bad when you can type the entire release schedule in a single tweet.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I agree with so many people on here... It's my most anticipated game, and still it has no NA release date. Also, where is Last Story's release date?

This is the game I've been waiting many, many years for...

Hiltz

It looks like XenoBlade may also come out in North America as well.
Nintendo of America recently registered a doman name for xenobladechronicles. com

Rich!

Hiltz said:
It looks like XenoBlade may also come out in North America as well.
Nintendo of America recently registered a doman name for xenobladechronicles. com

As stated in the other thread, they also registered and own the .co.uk ones too.

I've been avoiding this thread for an obvious reason. but seeing NoA registering the name gives me hope. don't fuck this one up.

EDIT: fuck, wrong thread. still the point stands

sublimit

Banned
Sorry for the bump but the voting for the alternate art that will be present on the reversible sleeve of the European version came to an end.
The winner:
xenoblade_chronicles_cover.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/27/this-is-xenoblade-chronicles-alternate-european-cover/

Starwolf_UK said:
If its one thing we have its too many Xenoblade threads...geuss this one will do as its the most recently bumped: We finally have English footage...shaky cam footage but still. I think theres English voice acting also?
Yup. You can clearly hear him say "This is the Monado's power!"

Come on E3! I'll import if I have to, but I'd rather not have to!

zlatko

Banned
Gvaz said:
Especially since Dolphin emulation is coming along pretty good, I might as well just sell my wii and put forward for a PS3.

I really want to play this game and I figure I'll get to play it either on:

1) Wii 2, since it's backwards compatible, and hopefully a western port happens.

2) I use Dolphin from a year from now to get at it.

I hope NoA delivers the goods for this game at E3, because they might be underestimating the RPG community and its enthusiasm towards this and Last Story.

Indyana

I don't know french but other news site reported that in this interview:
http://www.gamekyo.com/videofr19217_interview-nintendo-france-e3-2011.html

Mathieu Minel marketing director of Nintendo France confirmed Xenoblade Chronicles September European launch. He was asked about The Last Story and he answered that he couldn't talk about it because he was in America, but he hopes it will get localized and Pandora's Tower too.

EDIT: Source in Spanish: http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/...rma-xenoblade-chronicles-septiembre-6509.html

Sophia

ivysaur12 said:
What's the point of buying MonolithSoft if Nintendo is never going to release their games in NA?

Seriously, would have much rather had them at Scamco making games is this was how it was going to be. At least then they got a release.

Instro

ivysaur12 said:
What's the point of buying MonolithSoft if Nintendo is never going to release their games in NA?
Yeah at this point I kind of wish Nintendo had never bought them, its been a complete waste thanks to NoA not localizing any of their games.

wsippel

Banned
Instro said:
Yeah at this point I kind of wish Nintendo had never bought them, its been a complete waste thanks to NoA not localizing any of their games.
I disagree. I'm also part of the European master race. ;)

-MB-

As European I am glad Nintendo bought them, obviously.
If they were part of ScamCo Europe would have never seen these or at best a year later.

Aeana

Oh my lord, they need to fix the kerning for the dialog text. It looks fine in the quest text and stuff, but then it goes all Terranigma in the dialog boxes.

matmanx1

wazoo said:

Nice! I'm loving the use of color in this game. September will be the month for imports with this coming from Europe and Tales of Xillia coming from Japan. I wonder what months we will get Solotarobo and the new Rune Factory game? It could be a pretty good fall for JRPG's when you factor in those, White Knight 2 and Disgaea 4!

dock

How many hours of gameplay am I looking at here? :)

As a European I feel as though I really ought to buy this if I ever want to play it, but it's a heavy end of year for games! Red classic controller pro is very nice.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
dock said:
How many hours of gameplay am I looking at here? :)

As a European I feel as though I really ought to buy this if I ever want to play it, but it's a heavy end of year for games! Red classic controller pro is very nice.

I think probably 75 hours if you don't try to complete everything? I'm not 100% on that. I did everything and had about 150 hours. I think I was a bit on the long side, but most people get everything done in about 120-150 hours.

Totally worth every second though. And I'm someone who gets annoyed when games go passed 50 hours.

dock

70+ hours? yikes! :D With work I'm struggling to find many hours a week to play games (I haven't even finished DQIX yet), so this one might have to sit on my shelf for a couple of months.

Really glad to see this is coming, though, and it's not as though fantastic JRPGs are very common.

sublimit said:
Sorry for the bump but the voting for the alternate art that will be present on the reversible sleeve of the European version came to an end.
The winner:
xenoblade_chronicles_cover.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/27/this-is-xenoblade-chronicles-alternate-european-cover/

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Please tell me there is a high res version of this somewhere... please....!

EDIT:

FUUUUUUUCK

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=133084|2

I need all of these in my life.... want to get them framed.

HALP ME!

Shiggy

NinjaFusion said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Please tell me there is a high res version of this somewhere... please....!

EDIT:

FUUUUUUUCK

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=133084|2

I need all of these in my life.... want to get them framed.

HALP ME!

Preordering in Greece will make you receive one of them as a poster.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
dock said:
70+ hours? yikes! :D With work I'm struggling to find many hours a week to play games (I haven't even finished DQIX yet), so this one might have to sit on my shelf for a couple of months.

Really glad to see this is coming, though, and it's not as though fantastic JRPGs are very common.
Try close to 100+ hours.

Top Bottom